PDA

View Full Version : Official Sopranos--Road to Respect Thread

Garth
11-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Yes, this does look like a car wreck of a game, but it comes out today. Who is picking it up? I probably won't purchse it, but maybe rent it or if I can find it for a super cheap price.

Brendan
11-07-2006, 08:12 AM
First I've heard of it.

I doubt I'll get it. Budget is limited, and I still don't have Ultimate Alliance.

Garth
11-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Yeah, it is a budget game ($39.99, I think)

Brendan
11-07-2006, 08:14 AM
I love the Sopranos, but I don't have HBO, so I still haven't seen the last season. I'll save my pennies for the DVD set.

Speaking of which, any word on the release date of last season DVDs?

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 08:17 AM
What system is this for?

Garth
11-07-2006, 08:26 AM
I love the Sopranos, but I don't have HBO, so I still haven't seen the last season. I'll save my pennies for the DVD set.

Speaking of which, any word on the release date of last season DVDs?

Funny you should ask...Today (Nov. 7th) is the date for the most recent 12 episodes of season 6 (Part A). Still have 8 more episodes to air in Spring on 2007.

What system is this for?

Only PS2. It was scheduled for Xbox 360 as well, but they pulled the plug...which has be to be a good thing. :scared:

Brendan
11-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Funny you should ask...Today (Nov. 7th) is the date for the most recent 12 episodes of season 6 (Part A). Still have 8 more episodes to air in Spring on 2007.

The DVDs are out today??? Or they air today?

Garth
11-07-2006, 08:30 AM
The DVDs are out today??? Or they air today?

They are out on DVD today...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=6185
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BO7DWI/ref=pd_kar_gw_1/102-5311232-9444905

Now, before you get too excited, this is not the FINAL culmination of the series. In fact, many found it to be a lackluster season, but it brings everyone into the right place for the final 8 that are airing in 2007.

stevapalooza
11-07-2006, 10:25 AM
What kind of game is it? GTA style free-roam game? Sim type game? Action game?

Garth
11-08-2006, 04:41 AM
What kind of game is it? GTA style free-roam game? Sim type game? Action game?

Mostly an action game, I think. Not a free-roamning game. It looks similar to Punisher, cause you can interrogate people and decide how hard you want to push them and that sort of thing. I don't know, you play as Big Pussy's son. That makes me feel weird, since I doubt Tony would ever let a rat's son close to him. Just knowing how neurotic all the characters are, I have a hard time seeing that happen.

Masculine Todd
11-08-2006, 04:45 AM
I love the show, but most licensed games are just terrible, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the developers just created this thing in record time. I mean, lets face it, this was announced right before this year's E3 in May, which means development probably started only a month or two before. This also means the game has only been in development for somewhere around five or six months.

Nope, I think I'll spend my money on Gears of War and Call of Duty III.

Garth
11-08-2006, 04:53 AM
I love the show, but most licensed games are just terrible, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the developers just created this thing in record time. I mean, lets face it, this was announced right before this year's E3 in May, which means development probably started only a month or two before. This also means the game has only been in development for somewhere around five or six months.

Nope, I think I'll spend my money on Gears of War and Call of Duty III.

They had a "Making of..." regarding the game on HBO. It cracked me up, because they were showing the character models and they were SO jerky, not clean at all. Furthermore the models looked very little like the actors. But the creators for the game just kept GUSHING about how they wanted to make the characters look EXACTLY like the actors, and how happy the actors were with the results...

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/734/734117/the-sopranos-road-to-respect-20060921044344214.jpg

Criden
11-08-2006, 06:12 AM
I'm guessing it'll be pretty lackluster. For the record, I was a big fan of the latest season, especially the episode "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh," but I guess my liking an HBO show isn't exactly stop-the-presses material....

Garth
11-09-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm guessing it'll be pretty lackluster. For the record, I was a big fan of the latest season, especially the episode "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh," but I guess my liking an HBO show isn't exactly stop-the-presses material....

I have heard of many people who liked it. It isn't that I hated it, just wasn't up to my expectations of what Sopranos usually delivered. Having so few episodes left, probably didn't help. If this would have happened a season or two ago, I wouldn't be as upset, but time is limited, and it just seemed like time was being wasted, until the final 8.

The reasons I was not a big fan of this season are numerous and I state them in other threads. But I am happy that you abd others enjoyed it! I am curious what you enjoyed specifically (not that there wasn't plenty to enjoy, just wondering what you liked).

I enjoyed "Fleshy Part of the Thigh", I also LOVED "Members Only", "Join the Club", and "Mr. & Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request". As the season went on though, it just felt stale. Although I love AJ's arc this season.

Garth
02-19-2007, 05:59 PM
So I just finished the game...wow, suckage. Don't worry, none of you are missing much. I felt like I was somewhat obligated to finish the game, being such a fan of Sopranos, but what a crappy, simple game. I finished it in about 2 1/2 hours.