PDA

View Full Version : Any Sneaker Heads on the Board?

DAVE
11-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Ok, so I'm not exactly Turtle, but my favorite sneakers I ever had were the Jordan 5's in Grape and Emerald (actually the official name for the purple). I had these in 4th grade and loved them.
So there's been rumors for the last couple years about them being rereleased. My buddy is really hardcore about collecting old Jordans, so I had him keep up on it for me. He kept swearing that he had "the hook up" to get me them without a problem whne they came out.
SO finally a release date was made. He calls me the day beofre though, and tells me he can't get them for me because he was going to Phillie.
He tells me I have to wake up at like 6am the next morning to wait in line for them. however I had a tequila party the night before, so I sure as hell wasn;t getting up at 6am to wait in line for shoes, regardless of how much I wanted them. I called stores later the next day enquiring about the shoes availability. I basically got laughed at everytime because the lines at 6 am had wiped out the inventories. I has sad.
Flash forward a few weeks to Sunday. I was at FootAction in Herald Square looking to buy some new sneaks.
They had the Jordan 5's, but not in the colors I wanted. As a shot in the dark I asked the guy workded there if they had the ones I wanted.
He said, "The grapes? Nah, man those are way gone."
then he paused and said, "what size showe do you wear?"
I told him, "12".
"No man, I can't help you."
So I'm like, "Wait, is there a pair? What size do you have?"
He tells me there's a size 14 downstairs. I jump all over them. As I was trying them on people were stopping to demand knowing where I got them. There was no way I was passing on them.
So I try them on, and they're a little big, but I bought a Dr.Scholl's thing to put in them, and they're fine now. Jordan's run a little small anyway, so they're not that much too big on me. Plus if I went on ebay for my size they would be about 3 times as expensive, and could be fakes.
I love'em so much.

Los
11-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Fuck man. That's quite a buy.

I'm into sneakers and street culture. I've been buying sneakers and Tees for about 4 years now. I was never a big Jordan fan, but I could definitely see the appeal. Personally I was into dunks, vandals, and air maxes. And for a while i started getting into Nike SB, but recently their novelty has worn out on me. Recently, I've been buying a lot of Vans, especially when they have collabs with supreme.

Oh and if I had to pick Jordans that i loved it would have to be the Elevens and the Fours. Those are sick!

DAVE
11-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Fuck man. That's quite a buy.

I'm into sneakers and street culture. I've been buying sneakers and Tees for about 4 years now. I was never a big Jordan fan, but I could definitely see the appeal. Personally I was into dunks, vandals, and air maxes. And for a while i started getting into Nike SB, but recently their novelty has worn out on me. Recently, I've been buying a lot of Vans, especially when they have collabs with supreme.

I was an Adidas guy for the last few years, but now I'm liking old Nikes in general.
Last time I was in LA (two summers ago),I fell in love with, and bought a pair of Vans at UNDFTD. They're purple argyle.