PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to the Big Apple!

Mxy
11-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Well i made the jump. From the little island i grew up (Puerto Rico aka Bendis Personal Hell) to the big apple. To follow my dream of making comics. So whats this thread about? Well ive found that its not as easy to make friends in the big city. I dont want to wind up a loner, so any tips on meeting new people who share sci-fi/comic interests? who are near my age (twenty eight)? Ive checked out the comic stores (Jim Hanleys, Midtown) but it seems like folks just go to pick up their books not socialize.

CraigM
11-07-2006, 07:18 AM
I smell a drink-up coming soon.

Craig

DAVE
11-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Well i made the jump. From the little island i grew up (Puerto Rico aka Bendis Personal Hell) to the big apple. To follow my dream of making comics. So whats this thread about? Well ive found that its not as easy to make friends in the big city. I dont want to wind up a loner, so any tips on meeting new people who share sci-fi/comic interests? who are near my age (twenty eight)? Ive checked out the comic stores (Jim Hanleys, Midtown) but it seems like folks just go to pick up their books not socialize.

Where did you move? Do you know anyone in the city so far?

SteveZegers
11-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Come to Rockefeller Center. You can skate! Big tree coming soon!

Mxy
11-07-2006, 07:28 AM

BRONX I know not as trendy as Brooklyn seems to be, but im up at Pelham Parkway so i wont get shot. :D

Dont know anyone though

LazyComix
11-07-2006, 07:29 AM

Whatever you do... don't take him to Shea. You'll run him back to PR.:D

Mxy
11-07-2006, 07:36 AM

Well i did visit Newark this past Sunday, and i now know what purgetory looks like.

DAVE
11-07-2006, 07:48 AM

He's in the Bronx, so he looks like he'll be one of your...kind.

LazyComix
11-07-2006, 07:50 AM
He's in the Bronx, so he looks like he'll be one of your...kind.

The BEST kind!

ZING!

DAVE
11-07-2006, 07:51 AM
The BEST kind!

ZING!

Setting the bar alittle low there ,aren't you?

::bounce, cling!::

PhilipClark
11-07-2006, 08:24 AM
There is a New York Chapter of The Comicbook Artists Guild.

http://comicartguild.com

http://myspace.com/cageast

Great bunch of guys.

PeterSparker
11-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Wow, the Bronx and Newark huh? And you're still here?

Anyway welcome, and yeah at some point in the future as the holidays approach, there will be Bendis Board get-together/drink-up. Keep a look out for the thread, and definitely stop by.

You can sit next to Ray.

DAVE
11-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Wow, the Bronx and Newark huh? And you're still here?

Anyway welcome, and yeah at some point in the future as the holidays approach, there will be Bendis Board get-together/drink-up. Keep a look out for the thread, and definitely stop by.

You can sit next to Ray.

haha