PDA

View Full Version : Did You Vote?

Race
11-07-2006, 05:36 AM
I did. Here are the answers (don't let anyone know where you got them :shifty:):

- Someone Better (write-in)
- Bob Goodlatte
- Yes
- Yes
- Yes

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 05:37 AM
Soon I will be heading off to vote.

SteveZegers
11-07-2006, 05:38 AM
have to wait until after work, but I will.

MIKE D
11-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Yes. All voted up. NJ is a key state this year, and my county is one of the biggies for a state win for the candidates. So I did my duty.

JABSEN
11-07-2006, 05:39 AM
You voted for someone named Good Latte?

Race
11-07-2006, 05:41 AM
You voted for someone named Good Latte?Well, it was him or Badespresso . . .

Sy-Klone
11-07-2006, 05:47 AM
After work. Definitely.

Ray G.
11-07-2006, 05:47 AM
In an hour and a half.

TIP
11-07-2006, 05:49 AM
THROW THE BUMS OUT!

T
(no actual transients/hoboes were injured during the typing of this post)

adamgreenberger
11-07-2006, 05:51 AM
Got up this morning and went and voted

Jef UK
11-07-2006, 05:57 AM
After work.

Brian Defferding
11-07-2006, 06:00 AM
I voted!

Other than voting straight libertarian ticket, I also voted No on the Gay Marriage ban proposal, No on full-funding by the city for trash pickup, No on the death penalty with DNA evidence, and No on a city tax-levy increase.

I feel good :heart:

mattbrand
11-07-2006, 06:01 AM
I voted.

I love it because for Senator we have Bernie Sanders running, an amazing independant who has been a Congressman for years for Vermont. And running against him is a dickhead named Rich Tarrant, a wealthy ex-software corporation owner. Tarrant threw millions into his campaign, and there is just no way he is going to win. Bernie is known and loved, and Tarrant is just a dick.

RickLM
11-07-2006, 06:11 AM
I voted this morning. I'm a little bothered, though, after hearing all the stories about how voting machines may or may not be reliable. Once they announce the totals tonight, how do I know my vote was counted right? The only thing I can do is trust that enough of the election volunteers are non-partisan and observant in case they see any hijinks and shenanigans, and that some honest soul tested the machines beforehand.

I voted a straight Democrat ticket. I feel good about the party's chances but then again I felt good two years ago on election day. And that turned sour as the night wore on. But we'll see.

Ethan Van Sciver
11-07-2006, 06:15 AM
I voted this morning. I'm a little bothered, though, after hearing all the stories about how voting machines may or may not be reliable. Once they announce the totals tonight, how do I know my vote was counted right? The only thing I can do is trust that enough of the election volunteers are non-partisan and observant in case they see any hijinks and shenanigans, and that some honest soul tested the machines beforehand.

I voted a straight Democrat ticket. I feel good about the party's chances but then again I felt good two years ago on election day. And that turned sour as the night wore on. But we'll see.

You'll know your vote 'counted' if the Democrats win! Otherwise, there was malfeasance.

RickLM
11-07-2006, 06:25 AM
You'll know your vote 'counted' if the Democrats win! Otherwise, there was malfeasance.

Exactly.

It would be pretty funny if the Republicans lose big, as predicted, and then turn around and claim that Diebold was the problem. All the lefty conspiracy theorists who were anti-Diebold may suddenly disappear.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:12 AM
I voted. When it came to the judicial races I voted all the men out and kept the women in.

Andy Jewett
11-07-2006, 07:13 AM
I voted this morning. word.

Queen of the Ban Age
11-07-2006, 07:15 AM
I will be voting this afternoon, mostly because I live in Pennsylvania and need to get crazy-ass whacko Rick Santorum the fuck out of office.

Viva Bob Casey!

Natty P, Scientific Adventurer
11-07-2006, 07:25 AM
I don't think I'm registered to vote in CA.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 07:27 AM
THROW THE BUMS OUT!

T

YUP! Just got back from the voting cave. I'm mad I had to vote for Keith Ellison (Decent enough candidate, but he's going to win a landslide to hold onto Sabo's seat) when my vote could have gone for Wetterling to keep that crazy bitch Bachman out of national office.

Brendan
11-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Yep. I voted for a Democrat, a Green, a bunch of initiatives, and the choices were so poor on a few races that I did a write-in for Mr. T. Go vote, sucka!

Freeway
11-07-2006, 07:31 AM
-Canadian.

Foolish Mortal
11-07-2006, 07:33 AM
*Laughs at all you clowns who didn't vote early like I did*

:lol:

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-07-2006, 07:34 AM
THROW THE BUMS OUT!

T
Speaking of bums, my county precinct official said that even homeless people were voting today.

artimoff
11-07-2006, 07:35 AM
The only Domocrat I voted for ran unopposed for state probate. I also voted for TABOR.

http://www.mecep.org/tabor.asp

Josh!
11-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Yup. Looking forward to the returns.

james michael
11-07-2006, 07:40 AM
yes, and at 1:00, im taking my grandma to do the same...

Taxman
11-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Wow. I am just seeing a report that the governor of South Carolina was turned away from the polls because he was unable to produce a "voter registration card" whatever that is. That has to be a jacked-up place to vote.

GelfXIII
11-07-2006, 07:54 AM
I voted first thing this morning. Anyone who wants it can use this banner to help encourage others:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/gelf13/vote.jpg

Brendan
11-07-2006, 08:08 AM
I will be voting this afternoon, mostly because I live in Pennsylvania and need to get crazy-ass whacko Rick Santorum the fuck out of office.

Viva Bob Casey!

Polls are showing Santorum on the outs, are they not?

I don't live in PA, but I like what I've read of Casey.

twigglet
11-07-2006, 08:10 AM
I couldn't be bothered to vote.

Queen of the Ban Age
11-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Polls are showing Santorum on the outs, are they not?

I don't live in PA, but I like what I've read of Casey.

Last polling I saw, he was down several points. I guess we're tired of gay-bashing.

Casey's a good man -- I'd vote for him even if he weren't running against the spawn of Satan.

And then there's Governor Ed Rendell. :heart: I love that man.

TIP
11-07-2006, 08:23 AM
YUP! Just got back from the voting cave. I'm mad I had to vote for Keith Ellison (Decent enough candidate, but he's going to win a landslide to hold onto Sabo's seat) when my vote could have gone for Wetterling to keep that crazy bitch Bachman out of national office.

No shit, man...fucking Bachman is scary as shit.

T

JBElliott
11-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Yes. Twice.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Wow. I am just seeing a report that the governor of South Carolina was turned away from the polls because he was unable to produce a "voter registration card" whatever that is. That has to be a jacked-up place to vote.

In one of the Southern states they turned away the Secretary of State because she didn't have her Voter ID Card. Of course the Sec had to inform them that the law about requiring ID was struck down and she didn't have to produce ID. Fun times.

Brad N.
11-07-2006, 10:39 AM
No shit, man...fucking Bachman is scary as shit.

T

Bachman is Minnesota's version of Katherine Harris. They even have the same blank stare/smile. I'll never get how she possibly pulled ahead other than the insane amount of hardcore negative ads in her favor.

Sy-Klone
11-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I voted.

I'm now officially part of the solution and not part of the problem. :)