PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism causes half a million dollars in damage to High School

Thudpucker
11-01-2006, 07:11 PM
wow

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/110106cckrTopBlancoHSDamage.b9dc8f4.html

The Texas Rangers are now involved in the investigation into a major case of vandalism at Blanco High School in Blanco.

Early Saturday morning, vandals used rocks to break into the Blanco High School after a Friday night High School football game.

Inside they turned on the emergency showers used in the science labs and they clogged the drains to flood the school.

Water spewed for four hours flooding 90 percent of the school.

Twenty classrooms, the cafeteria and the gymnasium are all ruined and all of their floors have to be replaced.

School leaders estimate the damage could reach as high as half a million dollars.

"Of course they didn't intend to do all of this damage, but... something should be done, just because they're angry about something, everyone else's senior year was ruined," said Blanco senior basketball player, Anna Wilson.

"I think they should get punished because I mean they ruined our basketball season and our gym so maybe suspended from the school year," said Blanco freshman basketball player, Magdalena Avila.

Because the damage is over $200,000 dollars it means the vandals could be charged with 1st degree felonies.

That could mean 20 to 99-years in prison and a fine.

Blanco police say they hope to have their investigation wrapped up within a week.

Fourthman
11-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Finally! We need some young meat up here in D-block.

ClintP
11-01-2006, 07:17 PM
That sucks. Nice way to ruin some public property. I am sure they will get caught, because stupid teenagers usually always screw up.

WillieLee
Yeah, that goes beyond a prank.

Brad N.
Damn.

Chinaski
11-01-2006, 07:29 PM
The cynic in me says that get away with a slap on the wrist and 100 or so hours of community service that they will never do.

They probably dont deserve 20 years in prison, but they (or their families) should be made to pay off the damages done and reapirs needed at the school. Why should the repairs come out of the local citizens taxes? (I am assuming that is how its done in TX)

Jamie Howdeshell
11-01-2006, 07:30 PM
my old high school burned today due to a fire started in a chemistry lab.

the fire started at 2pm and is still burning.
the building will be demolished and all the students sent to different schools.

luckily, nobody got hurt, but i feel bad for those students and teachers.

:sad:

Modok Gas
11-01-2006, 07:35 PM
All that water will bring lots of mold and mold spores.

When the vandals get to prison, maybe they can use their same technique to flood it and escape :)

dave g
11-01-2006, 07:59 PM
shit man, whoever vandalized that school are probably pissing themselves right now, knowing their prank turned into this.