PDA

View Full Version : Boom! Studios just may very well be my favorite publisher on the market...

Adrian B AWESOME
10-27-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't know, going from buying 0 of their comics to every single thing they publish...I just really think that they put out one hell of a quality product. More people should definatly read the stuff, as there's things for everyone.

Corwin: Bear Fighter
10-27-2006, 05:13 PM
What do they publish? I tend to remain ignorant of these things.

Vonn Hennigar
10-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Never even heard of them but then again if it's not published by the Big 4 i tend not to give a fuck.

dEnny!
10-27-2006, 05:25 PM
I don't know, going from buying 0 of their comics to every single thing they publish...I just really think that they put out one hell of a quality product. More people should definatly read the stuff, as there's things for everyone.

GREAT! I think you just signed their death warrant. I remember posts like this about Speakeasy and CrossGen.

dEnny!
10-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Never even heard of them but then again if it's not published by the Big 4 i tend not to give a fuck.

I hope Oni Press is a part of your Big 4.

Shwicaz
10-27-2006, 05:26 PM

http://www.boom-studios.com/

dEnny!
10-27-2006, 05:28 PM

Hero Squared by Giffen & DeMatteis
Tag by Giffen, Lieb, and Chee
Jeremiah Harm by Giffen, Grant, and Lyra
Talent by Golden, Sniegoski, and Azaceta

Kody
10-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Tag by Giffen, Lieb, and Chee

:(

dEnny!
10-27-2006, 06:18 PM
:(

Sorry, was referring to the new Tag mini - TAG: Cursed.

The first TAG story was by our very own KODY CHAMBERLAIN!

Kody
10-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Sorry, was referring to the new Tag mini - TAG: Cursed.

The first TAG story was by our very own KODY CHAMBERLAIN!

Well, some of it anyway. The first issue, and 7 pages in issue 2.

:D

But yeah, BOOM! does good books, and they're good people. I'm looking forward to hooking up some new stuff there real soon.

dEnny!
10-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Well, some of it anyway. The first issue, and 7 pages in issue 2.

:D

But yeah, BOOM! does good books, and they're good people. I'm looking forward to hooking up some new stuff there real soon.

They still have you listed as artist on issue 3. Who's doing it now?

Kody
10-27-2006, 06:36 PM
They still have you listed as artist on issue 3. Who's doing it now?

Chee is finishing it with a new writer. I did a post about it (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=90201) a few days ago.

dEnny!
10-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Chee is finishing it with a new writer. I did a post about it (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=90201) a few days ago.

Thanks, I missed that. Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Honestly, I think start up companies and creators (and really this even goes for the Big Two), needs to realize how invaluable consistency on a title is. There is a reason USM has always been a more consistent seller than UXM and UFF.

Kody
10-27-2006, 06:44 PM
We're all still on good terms, so there's no hard feelings in any direction as far as I know. Plus I think Chee did a great job keeping the mood and style consistent. So the book still rocks.

dEnny!
10-27-2006, 06:46 PM
We're all still on good terms, so there's no hard feelings in any direction as far as I know. Plus I think Chee did a great job keeping the mood and style consistent. So the book still rocks.

That's cool, I was just thinking that it's much more important for start up companies to keep their books on schedule and seamless because I think retailers look for reasons not to order stuff at times. It's hard enough to break into the comic stores you know.

But I'll pick up the trade.

Sy-Klone
10-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Don't they do a book where Keith Giffen takes really cheesy bad comics from the 50s and 60s and basically rescripts them in a humorous fashion? I've heard great things about those books, but my shop hasn't gotten them for me.

Adrian B AWESOME
10-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Talent may be the best mini I've read in a long while.