PDA

View Full Version : 10 Reasons Why you should be reading Wormwood, Gentleman Corpse

Shwicaz
10-18-2006, 05:12 PM
1. It is written and drawn by Ben Templsmith (30 Days of Night, Fell)

2. It is published by IDW, so the production values are high class

3. The story is about a maggot that inhabits a dead body, using it as a host to get around

4. The book is humorous

5. It features many off-beat supernatural characters doing random shit

6. It's Halloween time, so it's topical

7. I will feel validated if you do.

8. You can neve predict what the characters will do next

9. It features inter-dimensional demons exploding out of people's bellies.

10. Because covers don't get any better than this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/shwicaz/wormwood3.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/shwicaz/demi.jpg

my review of issue 3

Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse #3
"Birds, Bees, Blood, and Beer"
story and art by Ben Templesmith

If only every book was as fun as Wormwood. Ben Templesmith has given us a cast of misfit weirdos who have such a chemistry, that after 3 issues (and a #0 sampler) I feel like I have been reading these characters for years. The tale of a maggot who uses a dead body as a host to get around and communicate with others is such a bizarre concept, that you would think that everything else pales in comparison.

And then there are the weird, 'what the fuck?' moments that are thrown in, like the complaining of a man with no genitals, that have me laughing out loud. Templesmith goes way over the top in this issue--from the cover, which parodies the infamous 'Demi Moore Vanity Fair Cover', to a unique way of using a homing beacon to tail the baddies, I just couldn't get enough.

This book has the humor of Evil Dead, the imagery of Session 9, and more laughs than Dead Alive. If you like your horror tinged with humor, then look no further. One of my highest recommendations.

Binx
10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one reading this. Great stuff!

batmanbooyah
10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
already reading it.

Patton
10-18-2006, 05:33 PM
sounds cool.

Shwicaz
10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
I only just learned that it is a mini-series.

Color me disappointed.

Then again, if I can't have an on-going, I hope to see more of Wormwood in the future.

Adrian B AWESOME
10-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Loved it.

And Ron, there are more planned, as Templesmith already has covers for them...

Shwicaz
10-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Loved it.

And Ron, there are more planned, as Templesmith already has covers for them...

cool beans. thanks for the information.