PDA

View Full Version : Saw Social Distortion Last Night -- It Rocked!

Garth
10-17-2006, 05:29 AM
The Supersuckers opened for them, and it was an amazing show, despite some minor technical difficulties and a LONG wait between bands.

ClintP
10-17-2006, 05:36 AM
The Supersuckers opened for them, and it was an amazing show, despite some minor technical difficulties and a LONG wait between bands.
That is one band I wouldn't mind seeing. I bet it was a fun show.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
10-17-2006, 05:37 AM
I am seeing them next weekend in Kansas City. :rock:

Garth
10-17-2006, 05:38 AM
That is one band I wouldn't mind seeing. I bet it was a fun show.

Yeah, they are in my top 5 bands, and depending on the day, probably take the top spot. I've loved the Supersuckers forever as well, I missed both bands last year when they came through Boston, so it was amazing that S.S. opened for S.D. Lots of fun, all around, even with my ears ringing.

Garth
10-17-2006, 05:41 AM
I am seeing them next weekend in Kansas City. :rock:

Hope you love it as much as I did! Mike Ness just has such a cool style about him.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
10-17-2006, 05:43 AM
Hope you love it as much as I did! Mike Ness just has such a cool style about him.
Yeah he does. I can't wait to see them. This is a anniversary gift for my girlfriend because they are her favorite band. It is at a out door festival that also has Placebo playing on it. I thought that was an odd pairing.

Garth
10-17-2006, 05:45 AM
Yeah he does. I can't wait to see them. This is a anniversary gift for my girlfriend because they are her favorite band. It is at a out door festival that also has Placebo playing on it. I thought that was an odd pairing.

yeah, definitely. Took my girlfriend also, but I am the fan, not her. But she had a good time as well. Placebo is an odd pairing. But see, there was another band before Supersuckers, Black Pool Lights, and it was poppy, crap-punk. So who knows how they do the pairings. I just know it sucked.

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
10-17-2006, 05:52 AM
I think I'm going to this Saturday's show in Philly. I can't wait! =)

++++++end of transmission++++++

Generic Poster
10-17-2006, 06:51 AM
Seeing them here Nov. 3rd, sans Supersuckers, though.

I've seen the Supersuckers about 4 times, and they've fucking sucked every time. I hear when they're actually really on, they're awesome, though.

artimoff
10-17-2006, 06:57 AM
I got back stage once at the Chanel in Boston. Mike Ness was chatting up a mid 30's corperate gal. My friend John thought it was very un-punk. :lol: (this was back in '91)

Garth
10-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Seeing them here Nov. 3rd, sans Supersuckers, though.

I've seen the Supersuckers about 4 times, and they've fucking sucked every time. I hear when they're actually really on, they're awesome, though.

Really? Are you a Supersuckers fan? Cause I have loved them forever, so it was a thrill seeing them live. They put on a great show, imo. But if you don't like the band/music, you don't like it, so I doubt seeing them live would change your opinion. My gf thought listening to their cds was ok, but then seeing them live, thought they were amazing.

Garth
10-17-2006, 07:39 AM
I got back stage once at the Chanel in Boston. Mike Ness was chatting up a mid 30's corperate gal. My friend John thought it was very un-punk. :lol: (this was back in '91)

Buzz-killer! I suppose if we hung out with all our punk-idols, I am sure they would do many things that aren't very punk, and I am sure Ness is no different. Hell, signing on with a record label is decidely un-punk.

Generic Poster
10-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Really? Are you a Supersuckers fan? Cause I have loved them forever, so it was a thrill seeing them live. They put on a great show, imo. But if you don't like the band/music, you don't like it, so I doubt seeing them live would change your opinion. My gf thought listening to their cds was ok, but then seeing them live, thought they were amazing.

I've heard this from many people. Every time I've seen them, they were horribly fucked up and played horribly. Several people I know who are big fans agree that they are either one of the best live bands or one of the worst depending on what night you catch them. I think I've just been really unlucky. Glad you caught a good night, though!

Garth
10-17-2006, 07:46 AM
I've heard this from many people. Every time I've seen them, they were horribly fucked up and played horribly. Several people I know who are big fans agree that they are either one of the best live bands or one of the worst depending on what night you catch them. I think I've just been really unlucky. Glad you caught a good night, though!

Yeah, not that hard for me to believe...especially when each member came on stage with multiple bears in hand. Not that there is anything wrong with that ;-) just saying that alcohol seems to play a part in their act, and I am sure it has gotten the best of them on occassion.

Brian Defferding
10-17-2006, 07:47 AM
They're awesome. Caught them in 2004 in Milwaukee, with Tiger Army opening. Great fuckin' show.

Shwicaz
10-17-2006, 07:57 AM

you must have seen my friend, Shannon.

She had a purple mohawk....

Garth
10-17-2006, 08:09 AM
you must have seen my friend, Shannon.

She had a purple mohawk....

Ya know, I only saw one mohawk, and it belonged to a male, so I doubt that was her. It was such a diverse crowd though, some younger punk rockers, other older guys with their wives, some people that just stood around and stared, acting like they had walked into the wrong building, and older older men and women (60ish), just really interesting diversity.

Los
10-17-2006, 08:18 AM
I've been wanting to go check out Social D for a long time now. I had tickets a few years back, but a family emergency came up and I couldn't go. I always say I'm going to watch them when they're around, but something always comes up.