PDA

View Full Version : So I got a greeting card from a boy

Taki Soma
10-16-2006, 07:09 AM
His mother whom I work with gave it to me because I gave him on some comic books to read (some spidey and Cap Am.) and apparently have not been able to get his nose out of them. He's 10 and sounds like a totally cool little dude and I am happy to announce that I've encouraged a young readership for comic books...

the card reads:

Dear Taki,
Thank you for the comic books. I really like them a lot. Sincerly, RJ

and the card has a kitten on the cover... so perfect :D

Ryudo
10-16-2006, 07:10 AM
*insert "One of us" repeatedly here*

DAVE
10-16-2006, 07:12 AM
good job Taki, as your next step you should get him on the Board. hehe

Ryudo
10-16-2006, 07:12 AM
good job Taki, as your next step you should get him on the Board. hehe

Oh God. Corruption at such an early age... :cool:

Brad N.
10-16-2006, 07:13 AM
His mother whom I work with gave it to me because I gave him on some comic books to read (some spidey and Cap Am.) and apparently have not been able to get his nose out of them. He's 10 and sounds like a totally cool little dude and I am happy to announce that I've encouraged a young readership for comic books...

the card reads:

Dear Taki,

That's ever so cute. I can't wait til my son is old enough to read funnybooks.

Taki Soma
10-16-2006, 07:13 AM
no no, we still need 'innocent' comic book readers to represent us in a positive way to the rest of the world. he's perfect the way he is.

jason hissong
10-16-2006, 07:15 AM
that's awsome.

james michael
10-16-2006, 07:15 AM
and my "dear taki, i would love for you to impregnate me so i can have your babies" card with pictures of fetuses on it doesnt even warrant a thank you?

ClintP
10-16-2006, 07:17 AM
My brother is going to be 9 in Jan. I took him to the LCS at his request last week and got him 3 $1 comics off of the spinner rack. One happened to be a Batman Animated one written by Brubaker! He told me he could go for some comics for Christmas the year. I may get him some of the digests of the new Avengers, Spiderman, and FF that are coming out right now. I am so proud!

RickLM
10-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Awesome. Keep the kids reading.

jason hissong
10-16-2006, 07:31 AM
Awesome. Keep the kids reading.

i blame my childhood of reading comics for my decision to be an english major in comics.

kids reading anything is good. comics are great in themselvs and they can be a gateway to reading other things.

fantastic work.

Dreg
10-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Did you show him the issue of Ultimate Spider-man where you made a cameo? You should buy some fake halloween webs and tell him you kept them as a souvenier. Blow his li'l mind.

RickLM
10-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Did you show him the issue of Ultimate Spider-man where you made a cameo? You should buy some fake halloween webs and tell him you kept them as a souvenier. Blow his li'l mind.

He sees that, he'll probably buy Taki a diamond ring.

Jerome Gibbons
10-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Now give him some Punisher MAX and see what his mom says!

Taki Soma
10-16-2006, 08:05 AM
OMG

brilliant.

I will have to do that.

JABSEN
10-16-2006, 08:06 AM
That's incredibly cute. Good job, Taki.

Criden
10-16-2006, 08:24 AM
That's terrific! Great job. Also, I love the fake spider-webs suggestion, you should totally do it. :)

Lab-Rat
10-16-2006, 08:30 AM

the card reads:

Dear Taki,

That's awesome! I know how you feel...A few days after my Niece's B-Day...she called me up and told me how much she loved all the comic books I bought her. (which I really need to say thanks to you for helping me decide on some of those books to get her). It's a good feeling.

jason hissong
10-16-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm giving my three year old niece my copy of Jordan Crane's 'The Clouds Above' for Christmas.

Lyfeforce
10-16-2006, 08:35 AM
d'awwwwww.

That's so cute I'd fall to the floor if I wasn't sitting.

Jef UK
10-16-2006, 08:40 AM
That's ever so cute.

:lol:

We're a bit of a fancy lass today, aren't we? Is it talk like Mary Poppins day again?

Taki Soma
10-16-2006, 08:43 AM
That's awesome! I know how you feel...A few days after my Niece's B-Day...she called me up and told me how much she loved all the comic books I bought her. (which I really need to say thanks to you for helping me decide on some of those books to get her). It's a good feeling.
that's so cool! And I'm sure Takeshi will appreciate that as well. I'll let him know.

ClintP
10-16-2006, 08:59 AM
My little brother told me he might want some comics for christmas this year. I am thinking about geting some of the digests of the Marvel Adventures titles. Are those any good? I was also thinking about getting him some Teen Titans dvds as well.

SCOURGE
10-16-2006, 09:01 AM
How about something like Herobear and the Kid next?

ClintP
10-16-2006, 09:03 AM
How about something like Herobear and the Kid next?
What is that? I don't think my brother would be interested in that just off hand.

Taki Soma
10-16-2006, 10:10 AM
I think this little boy is going to inherit my entire collection save a few titles...

The Roman Candle
10-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Aww, keyoot.

jason hissong
10-16-2006, 10:11 AM
I think this little boy is going to inherit my entire collection save a few titles...

I think that would excite him to the ends of the Earth.

Make sure you include Preacher!

THWIP!
10-16-2006, 10:12 AM
no no, we still need 'innocent' comic book readers to represent us in a positive way to the rest of the world. he's perfect the way he is.
Give him Runaways.

Taki Soma
10-16-2006, 10:13 AM
I think that would excite him to the ends of the Earth.

Make sure you include Preacher!
over my dead grandmother's body, yo.

Taki Soma
10-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Give him Runaways.
I think I will... as hard as it might to let them go.... I don't think I'll ever re-read them.

jason hissong
10-16-2006, 10:14 AM
over my dead grandmother's body, yo.

;-)

greg donovan
10-16-2006, 10:15 AM

what did you end up getting her?

LenNWallace
10-16-2006, 10:19 AM

the card reads:

Dear Taki,

and the card has a kitten on the cover... so perfect :DAwww...

Before I moved out of my old house, I had a Korean family living next door and they had a little boy around the same age, who barely spoke any English. His parents told me how much he enjoyed the Spider-Man and X-Men movies, so I gave him a stack of old books I had laying around, and helped him learn to read them.

It was cute.

LenNWallace
10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
I think I will... as hard as it might to let them go.... I don't think I'll ever re-read them.
I gave the first digest to the Korean kid. He's particularly nuts about it.

Taki Soma
10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
most of my comics are in single issues rather than trades so this will be hard to do... but oh well.

RebootedCorpse
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
That's really sweet!
Shh! Nobody tell her it's actually Ray. :scared: