PDA

View Full Version : Started Reading Kabuki

SimiBoyz
09-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi Dave,

thought I'd drop in and let you know. I've started reading the Kabuki trades I got off of you in Chicago. I've only read the opening act and act 1 so far of the first one. Enjoyed the first act but the second act was fantastic with the whole going into the history of the character. I was beggining to think I enjoyed your current run more but after reading that issue, I may be changing my mind.

Note: this is all I've read so far of kabuki, the above and a couple from your current series.

I look forward to reading more.

Oh, and thanks for all the other stuff. Shame they were presents and I coudn't keep any for myself. next time.

MACK!
09-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks!
Glad you like it so far.

I firmly believe it gets better.
Let me know what you think!

I hope they liked the presents

SimiBoyz
09-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks!
Glad you like it so far.

I firmly believe it gets better.
Let me know what you think!

I hope they liked the presents

I will do as I read it. But I am enjoying it more as I read more.

and I believe they did love them.

SimiBoyz
10-06-2006, 08:51 AM
So I've read acts 2, 3, and 4 now and I'm really enjoying it. I was going to stop at 3 earlier today but had to continue. I especially liked the way you did the assasination scenes in act 2.

I'm enjoying a lot more than I thought I would, a great mix of interesting story with interestinf relationships mixed with some great back story telling and inner feelings and thoughts.

MACK!
10-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Glad you are liking the first volume. I think you will get a kick out of the end and last 2 chapters.
Acts 5 & 6 I remember as being my favorite acts of that first story.

SimiBoyz
10-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Glad you are liking the first volume. I think you will get a kick out of the end and last 2 chapters.
Acts 5 & 6 I remember as being my favorite acts of that first story.

Cool,

so how do the rest tie into this or does it not? Is it an ongoing thing or each volume branch out into another theme? How does it work? I've read the current series (a few of) and can't see a corrolation, is there? Did I just miss it completely?

MACK!
10-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Each volume fits into continuity and builds on the other. They happen in order.
Although each volume also has its own story and will make sense for that story on its own.
But reading all of them you will see how them connect.

As for the current ALchemy series, it continues exactly where Vol 4 and 5 leave off.

SimiBoyz
10-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Cool. I'll read the 4th one I got off of you next then I'll track down 5 and fill in the rest later then.

Just got the last part to read of the first volume now, nice set up.

jason hissong
10-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Bubbles you are in for a top shelf comics treat.

SimiBoyz
10-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Finished the first trade now, good stuff. I'll be seeking the rest out over due course.

SimiBoyz
10-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Started reading the 4th trade now. I like how I've chose the one that continues directly where the first one left off, regardless, interesting start.

MACK!
10-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Glad you like it so far. Skin Deep kind of introduces some themes and characters that come to fruition in METAMORPHOSIS and THE ALCHEMY.

Skin Deep has the introduction of Akemi which plays heavy in them.