PDA

View Full Version : Condi attaches "kick my ass" sign to her back

RebootedCorpse
09-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Condi, you are so far out of your league.

Rice challenges statements by former President Clinton
By Associated Press
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - Updated: 09:11 AM EST

NEW YORK - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice challenged former President Clinton’s claim that he did more than many of his conservative critics to pursue Osama bin Laden, and she accused President Bush’s predecessor of leaving no comprehensive plan to fight al-Qaida.

“What we did in the eight months was at least as aggressive as what the Clinton administration did in the preceding years,” Rice said Monday during a meeting with editors and reporters at the New York Post.

The newspaper published her comments Tuesday, after Clinton appeared on “Fox News Sunday” in a combative interview in which he defended his handling of the threat posed by bin Laden and said he “worked hard” to have the al-Qaida leader killed.

“That’s the difference in me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now,” Clinton said in the interview. “They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try, they did not try.”

Rice disputed his assessment.

“The notion somehow for eight months the Bush administration sat there and didn’t do that is just flatly false - and I think the 9/11 commission understood that,” she said.

Rice took exception to Clinton’s statement that he “left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy” for incoming officials when he left office.

“We were not left a comprehensive strategy to fight al-Qaida,” she told the newspaper, which is owned by News Corp., which also owns Fox News Channel.

In the TV interview, Clinton accused host Chris Wallace of a “conservative hit job” and asked: “I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked, ’Why didn’t you do anything about the Cole?’ I want to know how many people you asked, ’Why did you fire Dick Clarke?”’

He was referring to the USS Cole, attacked by terrorists in Yemen in 2000, and former White House anti-terrorism chief Richard A. Clarke.

Rice said Clarke “left when he did not become deputy director of homeland security.”

The interview has been the focus of much attention - drawing nearly 1.2 million views on YouTube and earning the show its best ratings in nearly three years.

Rice questioned the value of the dialogue.

“I think this is not a very fruitful discussion,” she said. “We’ve been through it. The 9/11 commission has turned over every rock and we know exactly what they said.”

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., defended her husband.

“I just think that my husband did a great job in demonstrating that Democrats are not going to take this,” she told Newsday on Monday.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

MIKE D
09-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Toe the line
Love isn't always on time
whoa whoa whoa

Race
09-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Clinton didn't put a sign on himself with that interview?

RebootedCorpse
09-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Clinton didn't put a sign on himself with that interview?
Sure, the difference is Condi is SO not up to the job. It's like Speedball vs. The Hulk.

RickLM
09-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Condi's a tool, completely and utterly.

Her foreign policy is nearly as bad as Rumsfeld's war policy. People say she's brilliant but there's zero evidence of it when you look at her public service record.

Gregory
09-26-2006, 07:41 AM

Her foreign policy is nearly as bad as Rumsfeld's war policy. People say she's brilliant but there's zero evidence of it when you look at her public service record.

She was hired as security advisor because she was an expert on Russian politics. The administration focused on Russians. We were working on missile shields to protect us from Russian nukes (or nukes taken from Soviet sites). Clarke is on the record as saying he was brushed off after the administrative turnover.

So it's gainsaying, and it's happening right before the mid-term elections.

Brad N.
09-26-2006, 07:45 AM

What I find hilarious is that she is supposedly a MASSIVE foreign poilicy expert...on the Cold War. That's it. So all of her decisions and foolish ideas she bases on diplomatic decisions made decades ago in a different arena.

That said I had the same thought on this. I don't think Clinton exactly made himself look great with his interview, but I'm disgusted how the debate is all about how angry big ol meanie pants Clinton made the poor widdle Fox News guy look like a bitch. Last night's Daily Show had a perfect example of this.

RickLM
09-26-2006, 07:46 AM
She was hired as security advisor because she was an expert on Russian politics. The administration focused on Russians. We were working on missile shields to protect us from Russian nukes (or nukes taken from Soviet sites). Clarke is on the record as saying he was brushed off after the administrative turnover.

So it's gainsaying, and it's happening right before the mid-term elections.

And she doesn't have that pesky habit of thinking for herself, like Colin Powell did, so she moved right up the Bush Admin. career ladder.

adamgreenberger
09-26-2006, 07:57 AM
I told this to my wife this morning...1) he is covering his ass for his wife's Presidental run in 2008, and 2) IF they left this plan and I sure that he and his people have a copy...make it public...plain and simple...if the plan is for the Dems to take Congress in the mid-terms then they need to something drastic to do it...not get into a argument with Chris Wallace.

RickLM
09-26-2006, 08:11 AM
I told this to my wife this morning...1) he is covering his ass for his wife's Presidental run in 2008, and 2) IF they left this plan and I sure that he and his people have a copy...make it public...plain and simple...if the plan is for the Dems to take Congress in the mid-terms then they need to something drastic to do it...not get into a argument with Chris Wallace.

The Democratic Party didn't get into a spat with FOX, it was Clinton himself, due to the ambush. I'm sure the Party has a strategy. I just wish I knew what it was.

adamgreenberger
09-26-2006, 08:14 AM
The Democratic Party didn't get into a spat with FOX, it was Clinton himself, due to the ambush. I'm sure the Party has a strategy. I just wish I knew what it was.

This really doens't have anything to do with the party...it has more to do with Clinton...and since they are saying that there was NO plan...he should just release it and let the American people decide.

Gregory
09-26-2006, 08:19 AM
This really doens't have anything to do with the party...it has more to do with Clinton...and since they are saying that there was NO plan...he should just release it and let the American people decide.

I'll give you the big reason why it won't: classified info. No matter what anyone might decry, that will be the common rationale.

TIP
09-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Here's a link to some nice rebutting of Condi's latest lies
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/9/26/82241/8981

T

Ray G.
09-26-2006, 08:47 AM
I think both sides are coming across pretty bad here. Clinton comes across looking like a petty, angry fool.

SCOURGE
09-26-2006, 08:57 AM

All members of the POTUS administration are "tools". They work and serve at his plaesure.

RickLM
09-26-2006, 09:01 AM
All members of the POTUS administration are "tools". They work and serve at his plaesure.

If you can't see a difference between the quality of Colin Powell's work and Condi Rice's work, then you won't get my earlier posts.

Dreg
09-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Sure, the difference is Condi is SO not up to the job. It's like Speedball vs. The Hulk.

Speedball could take the Hulk. He'd just need a lot of bus tokens to do it.

Brad N.
09-26-2006, 09:24 AM
I think both sides are coming across pretty bad here. Clinton comes across looking like a petty, angry fool.

How so? The guy has been subjected to a bullshit hatchet job on free national TV with ABC's bogus "docudrama" The Path to 9-11. He's been watching crap being flung at him like mad in righty world for the last few weeks that is completely untrue and a part of Rove's strategy to keep Republicans in power. So, he's in the middle of this massive Global Initiative campaign that is non-political and has to do with charity and he agrees to go into the lion's den that is FOX News on the condition that they at least spend half the time talking about his charity. Instead he gets ambushed out of the gate with an attack and an outright lie. I think he came off pretty tame not bitch slapping the smug pile of shit.

Gregory
09-26-2006, 09:26 AM
How so? The guy has been subjected to a bullshit hatchet job on free national TV with ABC's bogus "docudrama" The Path to 9-11.

And this stretches back to the people who make their money by laying blame: the Limbaughs, the Coulters, etc.

Brad N.
09-26-2006, 09:42 AM
And this stretches back to the people who make their money by laying blame: the Limbaughs, the Coulters, etc.

Correctamundo.

ThisSpaceForRent
09-26-2006, 09:48 AM

Hey - if you ever need someone fluent in russian who knows how to ice skate, Condi's your bitch...

If you need someone with ANY kind of qualifications for being a Presidential cabinet member.....well....look somewhere else.

Condi = CUNT

Brad N.
09-26-2006, 09:48 AM

I know it's already been said, but yes I would assume certain aspects of such a plan would indeed be classified and as he is no longer President he would be unable to de-classify such documents. Also, the 9-11 commission agrees more with what Clinton has said here than Condi. Remember, this is the liar who helped stir up the bullshit Mushroom Cloud rhetoric before we invaded Iraq AND even as recent as two weeks ago still claimed that Saddam and Al Qaeda were connected. Even after the reports from her own agencies and from the 9-11 Commission Report all say that is false she still tows the company line. Why should we expect this situation to be any different?

Horizon Drive
09-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I think its funny how when O'Reilly or Hannity get in someone's face, that's a positive. When the other side does it back, it becomes a negative for them. Other than Clinton and Wallace, I remember the same sort of thing happening with Matthews and Culkin.

That being said- Bubba certainly is intimidating. Wow.

RickLM
09-26-2006, 11:38 AM
I think its funny how when O'Reilly or Hannity get in someone's face, that's a positive. When the other side does it back, it becomes a negative for them. Other than Clinton and Wallace, I remember the same sort of thing happening with Matthews and Culkin.

That being said- Bubba certainly is intimidating. Wow.

Yeah, look at Clinton's intensity. If Kerry had more of that, man oh man....

Gregory
09-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah, look at Clinton's intensity. If Kerry had more of that, man oh man....

He displayed the same intensity when he denounced the Lewinsky rumors. Unfortunately, he was lying. I loved that moment as it happened because he was displaying definitive emotion, and I was proud of him for taking that attitude. And then ...

RickLM
09-26-2006, 11:49 AM
He displayed the same intensity when he denounced the Lewinsky rumors. Unfortunately, he was lying. I loved that moment as it happened because he was displaying definitive emotion, and I was proud of him for taking that attitude. And then ...

Err... you're right.

TIP
09-26-2006, 11:51 AM
And here are copies of the docs that refute Rice's recent claims
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/2001_memo_to_Rice_contradicts_statements_0926.html

T

Marcdachamp
09-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Gotta love the spinsters. Why are these people still in power? Oh yeah, gays marrying... thank GOD we don't have that.:roll: