PDA

View Full Version : [TOYS]: Most Wanted Marvel Legends...

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 06:15 PM
..okay gang, I know we've done this sort of thing before. I wanted to post a thread that perhaps a few influential folks at Marvel and or Hasbro might see. Here I'd love to see my fellow Marvel Legends collectors post a list of characters from the Marvel Universe they want to see in ML action figure form at some point. Maybe I'll even put up a poll once we get a nice list going. I'll get it started...

1) New Box sets - What? They give us a Monster set but some of the coolest teams don't get one? I'd love to see first a Young Avengers Wave 2 with Stature, Hawkeye, Speed, and Vision. I'd also love to see a Runaways set with Chase, Gert/Old Lace, Molly, Nico, and Karolina. Obviously if you could make it huge ala the Sinister Six set then add Xavin and Victor as well.

2) Jessica Jones - Nuff Said.

3) Nova/Speedball two pack - I'd kill for a Speedball figure and a decent Nova.

4) Rachel Grey Marvel Girl - No brainer, man. I need this figure yesterday.

5) Union Jack!!! - Come on Hasbro. I just finished this book today and I needs my UJ figure NOW.

6) Warpath - With his new popularity and exposure in Uncanny this figure would so rock.

7) Polaris - Gimme Gimme.

How about you guys?

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 06:23 PM
I agree with the Union Jack, and the current X-men roster but we definitely need a new Havoc sculpt to reflect a look he's had in the last 10 years...come to think of it so does Luke Cage, I can't believe they went with the afro look...but anyway

I'd also like to see some of the "cosmic" characters
Firelord
Terrax
Ronan
Marvel Boy
Supreme Intelligence (maybe a build-a-fig)
Nova
Gladiator

I could name characters all night

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Callisto when she had two arms
Mephisto
Gravity
Gwen Stacy
Rick Jones
a Hellfire Club Inner Circle box set with Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Dark Phoenix, and Donald Pierce

Brandon191
09-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I would love Daredevil in his yellow costume.

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Didn't they make a Daredevil in Yellow as a chase?

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Mephisto
Gravity
Gwen Stacy
Rick Jones
a Hellfire Club Inner Circle box set with Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Dark Phoenix, and Donald Pierce

there's an excellent looking Mephisto on the way via Diamond Select

and Hellfire Club Inner Circle would kick ass

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 06:31 PM
I could've sworn they issued another one in the Spiderman line a year or two after the chase fig

Brad N.
there's an excellent looking Mephisto on the way via Diamond Select

and Hellfire Club Inner Circle would kick ass

thirded.

Brandon191

Not that I know of. If they did I doubt I'd be able to find it.

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
I could've sworn they issued another one in the Spiderman line a year or two after the chase fig

Spiderman Series II. And let's be honest, those figures were sweet and just as good as Marvel Legends.

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Spiderman Series II. And let's be honest, those figures were sweet and just as good as Marvel Legends.
absolutely, the best DD sculpt (with "Maleev" style coloring) came out of that line

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 06:35 PM

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/bnasty316/cmdstore_1912_39845617.jpg

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 06:35 PM
I agree with the Union Jack, and the current X-men roster but we definitely need a new Havoc sculpt to reflect a look he's had in the last 10 years...come to think of it so does Luke Cage, I can't believe they went with the afro look...but anyway

I'd also like to see some of the "cosmic" characters
Firelord
Terrax
Ronan
Marvel Boy
Supreme Intelligence (maybe a build-a-fig)
Nova
Gladiator

I could name characters all night

How about a Herald box set with
Terrax
Firelord
Frankie Ryder as Nova
and Air-walker

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 06:38 PM
absolutely, the best DD sculpt (with "Maleev" style coloring) came out of that line

I have and really like that one, but my favorite to this day is this one from the Urban Legends box set...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/bnasty316/bloose_09.jpg

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Sticking with Spider-Man.

A Vulture with healthy size wings and a feather-esque collar.

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 06:39 PM
I have and really like that one, but my favorite to this day is this one from the Urban Legends box set...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/bnasty316/bloose_09.jpg

AH

actually that's the one I was thinking of, definitely the best DD made

I keep him on my desk
:lol:

Brandon191
09-23-2006, 06:41 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/bnasty316/cmdstore_1912_39845617.jpg

That is really nice. If I saw it, I would have bought it.

Brad N.
AH

I keep him on my desk

Me too. He's kick ass.

Agent Desmond
I just have the regular Daredevil from Spider-man, and he's with Bullseye and Elektra. But ummm, how about

Gladiator and Ben Urich.

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 06:42 PM
That is really nice. If I saw it, I would have bought it.

The website I got the picture from is one I buy A LOT of figures from and although sold out now they have him listed at $90.

Brandon191
09-23-2006, 06:43 PM
The website I got the picture from is one I buy A LOT of figures from and although sold out now they have him listed at $90.

:shock:

I'm not paying that much.

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Ok, bare with me on this. A whole line for comic stores only dedicated to the supporting cast.

Gwen Stacy
Phil Ulrich
Foggy Nelson
Mary Jane Watson (or when married)
Rick Jones
J Jonah Jameson.
Robbie Robertson

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Ok, bare with me on this. A whole line for comic stores only dedicated to the supporting cast.

Gwen Stacy
Phil Ulrich
Foggy Nelson
Rick Jones
J Jonah Jameson.
Robbie Robertson

I likey.

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 06:47 PM

Gwen Stacy
Phil Ulrich
Foggy Nelson
Rick Jones
J Jonah Jameson.
Robbie Robertson

I don't think I'd buy any of those...maybe the MJ...but only if she were anatomically correct

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 06:55 PM
A few more from me...

Nocturne
Blink
Cannonball
Vulcan

...also, what a weird day today. The Target store nearest my house had the entire Mojo Series. Weird money transition day so I couldn't buy the ones I wanted, hopefully they're still around next week. Their selection of X-men figures was lacking though...only Storm. Then I happened into another Target nearby and they had only WonderMan from the Legendary Rider series, but they had Ultimate Sabretooth, Iceman and Colossus.

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 06:56 PM
I think an Ulrich would go great with DD, Bullseye, and Elektra. Just like MJ or Gwen Stacy would go great with a Spider-Man figure. Or it could be a two pack of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Like I said though, it would be comic shop only because it would have to be aimed at that direct market as opposed to on pegs at Toys R Us and Target

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 06:56 PM
A few more from me...

Nocturne
Blink
Cannonball
Vulcan

...also, what a weird day today. The Target store nearest my house had the entire Mojo Series. Weird money transition day so I couldn't buy the ones I wanted, hopefully they're still around next week. Their selection of X-men figures was lacking though...only Storm. Then I happened into another Target nearby and they had only WonderMan from the Legendary Rider series, but they had Ultimate Sabretooth, Iceman and Colossus.

Which suit for Cannonball?

Brandon191
09-23-2006, 06:57 PM
What about an Agent X figure?

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 06:59 PM
The Inhumans

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 07:02 PM
The Inhumans

Would you articulate the hair for Madusa?

Pat Loika
09-23-2006, 07:05 PM
I want an Illuminati box set.

P.

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Would you articulate the hair for Madusa?

nope

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Which suit for Cannonball?

As twisted and weird as it is I'd like to see his current/most modern look. My favorite is still his old school lavender puffy coat look, but this would be cool.

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 07:17 PM
speaking of canonball...where the hell has he been?

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I want an Illuminati box set.

P.

Me too. Although if they gave us a cool Inhumans box set with Black Bolt, Gorgon, Lock Jaw, Medusa, Crystal, Luna, Karnak, and Triton you could take said Black Bolt and have the Illuminati. Although new sculpts of all members exclusive to the set might be cool too.

Brandon191
09-23-2006, 07:19 PM

He's in X-Men. With Carey writing and Bachelo on art.

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 07:20 PM

He got hurt in X-men, but I think he's better in the latest issue. He's on the team still.

Lord Jermaine Retail
09-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Um, Wrecking Crew box set? Who's with me?

Helmut Zemo. Mr. Hyde. The US Agent (all that should be is a repaint, maybe bulkier). Recognizable Ultron. Aim guys would have been nice since we have MODOK coming up. Black Bolt to complete the Illuminati.

But most importantly I NEED THE WINTER SOLDIER! We got a Sentry, which was crazy, but Winter Soldier is just too cool.

Lord Jermaine Retail
09-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Mephisto
Gravity
Gwen Stacy
Rick Jones
The Marvel Select Mephisto should work out as far as scale. Just like Thanos and Watcher. Cloak and Dagger come out next week so I need to see if Cloak can work with Legends.

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Um, Wrecking Crew box set? Who's with me?

Helmut Zemo. Mr. Hyde. The US Agent (all that should be is a repaint, maybe bulkier). Recognizable Ultron. Aim guys would have been nice since we have MODOK coming up. Black Bolt to complete the Illuminati.

But most importantly I NEED THE WINTER SOLDIER! We got a Sentry, which was crazy, but Winter Soldier is just too cool.

When I saw the base that Iron Man came on I thought for sure we were going to get a George Perez-esque Ultron...boy was I disappointed

Wrecking Crew would kick ass...I thought there was already a Baron Zemo available

Lord Jermaine Retail
09-23-2006, 07:34 PM
AH

I keep him on my desk
You guys like this one better than the two-pack DD? I thought his colors were too dark. Yet the other may be too bright...

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 07:35 PM
You guys like this one better than the two-pack DD? I thought his colors were too dark. Yet the other may be too bright...

I've yet to see the 2 pack

Lord Jermaine Retail
09-23-2006, 07:36 PM
I've yet to see the 2 pack
I think they are coming around again. Series 2 should be out soon actually.

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 07:37 PM
A Marvel Select Killraven

Modok Gas
09-23-2006, 07:37 PM
How about a box set with:

Nick Fury
SHIELD Agents
LMD's
Mandroid armor

Or another set with:
SHIELD Agents
Hydra Agents
AIM Agents

DrMachine
09-23-2006, 07:38 PM
A Marvel Select Killraven

Spidey Vs. Sinister 6 box set

speaking of which...I still haven't sent Red Sonja that Black Cat fig I promised...

oops

(if you read this thread, it'll go out this week)

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 07:42 PM
You know what? Fuck me for not thinking of this sooner. Forge.

Akira
09-23-2006, 08:07 PM
That one is definately too bright, and the sculpt is way too ripped. In my mind DD is an acrobat, not a body builder. And your Wrecking Crew idea was brilliant.

I've said it several times, but a NExtwave line with a Fin-Fang Foom BAF would be the dogs bollocks:rock:

-M
-Synch
-Penance
-Skin
-Husk
-Chamber
-Jubilee
-Nova
-Night Thrasher
-Speedball
-Firestar
-Namorita
-Hydra foot soldier 3-pack
-AIM foot soldier 3-pack
-Hand ninja 3-pack
-Hellfire club guard 3-pack
-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent 3-pack
-Stick
-The Imperial Guard from the battle on the moon with the X-Men
-Jessica Jones (with a Jewel variant and a super rare Knightress variant)
-Dread Dormamuu
-Stryfe

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 08:13 PM

Yeah, I really only bought the two pack for Kingpin.

Afny
09-23-2006, 08:14 PM
House of M style Hawkeye, Kang, She-Hulk, and a new Spider-man.

Lord Jermaine Retail
09-23-2006, 08:15 PM
That one is definately too bright, and the sculpt is way too ripped. In my mind DD is an acrobat, not a body builder. And your Wrecking Crew idea was brilliant.

I've said it several times, but a NExtwave line with a Fin-Fang Foom BAF would be the dogs bollocks:rock:

-M
-Synch
-Penance
-Skin
-Husk
-Chamber
-Jubilee
-Nova
-Night Thrasher
-Speedball
-Firestar
-Namorita
-Hydra foot soldier 3-pack
-AIM foot soldier 3-pack
-Hand ninja 3-pack
-Hellfire club guard 3-pack
-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent 3-pack
-Stick
-The Imperial Guard from the battle on the moon with the X-Men
-Jessica Jones (with a Jewel variant and a super rare Knightress variant)
-Dread Dormamuu
-Stryfe
Let me tell you about what will not be happening. New Warriors action figures of any kind. Ever. :lol:

Akira
09-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Let me tell you about what will not be happening. New Warriors action figures of any kind. Ever. :lol:
heheh. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the group, I just really want a Night Thrasher figure to put on a shelf with my Storm, BP, Bishop, Patriot and future Cage & Falcon figures.

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 08:37 PM
heheh. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the group, I just really want a Night Thrasher figure to put on a shelf with my Storm, BP, Bishop, Patriot and future Cage & Falcon figures.

The lonely hearts club? :)

I would like a New Warriors set just so I could have a decent Nova (esp. with the new series coming up) and a 1st EVER Speedball figure. Thrash would kick ass too.

Lord Jermaine Retail
09-23-2006, 08:38 PM
I saw Cage today. There seem to be...paint issues. I saw one that was very, very dark. As in why is this happening, dark. And one that was more like the figure shown on the package. I hate to be like that, but I tend to go with comic accuracy so I would prefer the Cage with the lighter/ consistant paint.

Akira
09-23-2006, 08:55 PM
I saw Cage today. There seem to be...paint issues. I saw one that was very, very dark. As in why is this happening, dark. And one that was more like the figure shown on the package. I hate to be like that, but I tend to go with comic accuracy so I would prefer the Cage with the lighter/ consistant paint.
Have you seen the variant up close yet?

And to be honest, I'm surprised that you think my Gen-X crew has a better chance of being made than the New Warriors :)

Although, Gen-X did already have their own line of figures...

Brad N.
09-23-2006, 08:56 PM

And to be honest, I'm surprised that you think my Gen-X crew has a better chance of being made than the New Warriors :)

A Cage variant? I thought they only had Falcon and Zemo variants.

bairdduvessa
09-23-2006, 09:01 PM
i know i am going to get shit for my list but:
Jubillee
Chamber
Stacy-X
Agent X
Taskmaster (hockey mask version)
Outlaw
Spiral (all those arms....)
Gothic Lolita (livewires)
Build a character Cassandra Nova (as much as i hate morrison he had some good ideas)
a Nextwave line
Siryn
A Madrox Wave...

Afny
09-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Chamber

Wow, if they did this right, he would be one badass toy. For his mouthfire, would you recommend clear orange plastic, or a solid painted fire colors?

JMP
09-23-2006, 09:05 PM
I'd like to see another FF/Avengers-centered set including:

Black Bolt
Adam Warlock
Ares
Hercules
Leather Dr. Doom (Or Beyonder Doom, whichever)
Starfox
Drax (With his new look as a chase)

Which would ultimately lead to....

INVADERS BOX SET! I'd but it

Agent Desmond
09-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Jarvis and Aunt May two pack. They already made an 8" Aunt May, why not a regular size

bairdduvessa
09-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Wow, if they did this right, he would be one badass toy. For his mouthfire, would you recommend clear orange plastic, or a solid painted fire colors?
varients. One solid, One Clear and one all bandaged up.

bairdduvessa
09-23-2006, 09:16 PM
now that i think of it, instead of having a wave of just madroxes, instead of a build a figure, each figure comes with a different madrox, you have angry madrox, happy madrox, sad madrox, etc. You could build an army. I'd love to see him as the current X-Factor Get up too

DrMachine
09-24-2006, 05:14 AM
I'd also really like Byrne-era Iron Man armor, and Heroes Return-era armor as well, and a Madelyne Prior as the Goblin Queen.

Akira
09-24-2006, 07:24 AM
A Cage variant? I thought they only had Falcon and Zemo variants.
I forget where I saw it last week, it was possibly the latest Wizard, but I saw that they had Cage, Psylocke, Iron Man, Falcon and Zemo variants. The Cage varient had a silver shirt and chain belt. The Psylocke variant was very AoA looking (darker paint and facial tattoo) and the Iron Man variant was the same suit in gold instead of silver.

Lord Jermaine Retail
09-24-2006, 08:13 AM

Cage and Psylocke variants are being delayed and will ship with a later release of 14. The initial has Iron Man, Zemo, and Falcon variants.

bairdduvessa
09-24-2006, 03:22 PM
I forget where I saw it last week, it was possibly the latest Wizard, but I saw that they had Cage, Psylocke, Iron Man, Falcon and Zemo variants. The Cage varient had a silver shirt and chain belt. The Psylocke variant was very AoA looking (darker paint and facial tattoo) and the Iron Man variant was the same suit in gold instead of silver.
the psylocke was post sabertooth ripping her apart...red dawn saved her so she wore the mark (wow i feel dirty for nowing that)

SeanC
09-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Is the Mojo series in Canada yet?

Brad N.
09-24-2006, 04:16 PM

sonofabitch! Well, I sorta recall the Crimson Dawn Psylocke variant now in addition to the Iron Man and Zemo variants. But this was the first I heard of a Cage variant. Why for the love of God wouldn't they give us a Cage variant with his current New Avengers gear? I love Cage, but can't stand his 70's look.

Gavin
09-24-2006, 04:23 PM
I would love to have a Rachel Grey Marvel Girl. Good call.

bairdduvessa
09-24-2006, 10:36 PM
ok here's a though they can release a marvel legen of that dude from the marvel/dc cross over, but because cd owns half we can only buy half the figure!

MysterioXIII
09-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Ultimate Mahr-Vehl.

DrMachine
09-25-2006, 04:15 AM
ok here's a though they can release a marvel legen of that dude from the marvel/dc cross over, but because cd owns half we can only buy half the figure!

but Hasbro has the license for both

Akira
09-25-2006, 05:14 AM
sonofabitch! Well, I sorta recall the Crimson Dawn Psylocke variant now in addition to the Iron Man and Zemo variants. But this was the first I heard of a Cage variant. Why for the love of God wouldn't they give us a Cage variant with his current New Avengers gear? I love Cage, but can't stand his 70's look.
I thought about this for a while, and the only answer I can come up with is because Cage really hasn't had a consistant look since his post-Alias resurgance. He just dresses in street clothes most of the time so you run the risk of him not being recognizable on a store shelf. Also, without a "costume" he just looks like a random guy to the majority of the public. Plus, which plain clothes outfit does he get? It would open a can of worms I'm sure Toy Biz would rather just avoid. It's a shame though. Maybe some artist can give Cage a consistant, but street-smart look.