PDA

View Full Version : I'm addicted to crumpets

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 08:43 AM
It's been over a couple weeks now where I go to the Crumpet Shop each morning and get myself a tasty crumpet. Sometimes sweet with rasberry, strawberry, or marmalde on it. Sometimes savory with pesto, or just butter. Sometimes with eggs, or salmon. Etc etc. Why didn't people feed me crumpets before? Soooo good.

Matthew Brown
09-21-2006, 08:44 AM
I find this thread strangely unsettling.

Gregory
09-21-2006, 08:47 AM
I prefer strumpets.

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Try a crumpet with nutella and everything will feel better.

Brad N.
09-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Never had one.

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 08:57 AM
It's never too late for some morning goodness

Race
09-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I find this thread strangely unsettling.I'm very suprised a parody thread on this hasn't "popped up" yet.

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 09:05 AM
If that's the case, I'm glad I didn't mention drinking tea with my crumpets

Jen Grunwald
09-21-2006, 09:07 AM
It's been over a couple weeks now where I go to the Crumpet Shop each morning and get myself a tasty crumpet. Sometimes sweet with rasberry, strawberry, or marmalde on it. Sometimes savory with pesto, or just butter. Sometimes with eggs, or salmon. Etc etc. Why didn't people feed me crumpets before? Soooo good.

Waaaah!! I wanna try one!! Where do I get one!!!

:rogue:

Race
09-21-2006, 09:16 AM
If that's the case, I'm glad I didn't mention drinking tea with my crumpetsWhat's the problem with that? - I'm sure everyone enjoys a sip of pee with their cumshot.

Race
09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
*crickets*

Ma! Get the shovel - I just killed another one!

mario
09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Crumpets? Are those the groupies of Robert Crumb?

Dr. Omega
09-21-2006, 09:49 AM
What's the problem with that? - I'm sure everyone enjoys a sip of pee with their cumshot.It's forced and poop and pee jokes aren't really funny past about 4th grade.

A for effort, though.

I found crumpets at a local grocery store one day and had always wanted to try one. I loved them! Like spongy pancakes mixed with english muffins..

When I went to the UK, I bought a pack and some butter and had that all week as a snack in my hotel.

When we drove up to Seattle on our honeymoon, I found a crumpet shop near Pike Place market. Is that the one you go to? That place was packed, but good crumps there!

Dr. Ω

Race
09-21-2006, 09:55 AM
It's forced and poop and pee jokes aren't really funny past about 4th grade.

A for effort, though.The effort is what makes it funny.

(Hee hee - you said "forced poop and pee" :Oops: :))

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Waaaah!! I wanna try one!! Where do I get one!!!

There is this place here in Seattle at the Pike Place Market that has been around for thirty years named The Crumpet Shop. And it's delightful. They have Crumpets, moist scones, Groats, fresh made tea, and toast where you choose how thick or thin you want it. And you can get all sorts of things on them, even Marmite... Or my favorite, Maple Butter. They're so warm and soft and yummy. I want more.

Jen Grunwald
09-21-2006, 10:02 AM
There is this place here in Seattle at the Pike Place Market that has been around for thirty years named The Crumpet Shop. And it's delightful. They have Crumpets, moist scones, Groats, fresh made tea, and toast where you choose how thick or thin you want it. And you can get all sorts of things on them, even Marmite... Or my favorite, Maple Butter. They're so warm and soft and yummy. I want more.

You're making me drool... ::sigh:: I wish I lived in England!!

Race
09-21-2006, 10:03 AM
You're making me drool... ::sigh:: I wish I lived in England!!

:rogue:It's a wonderful place, but the cuisine is the last reason one should want to live in England.

Jen Grunwald
09-21-2006, 10:06 AM
It's a wonderful place, but the cuisine is the last reason one should want to live in England.

You're crazy!! I LOVE the food there!! They have chocolate digestives and the most amazing sandwiches (Brie and apple for example). I love pub food. And the only time I ever liked Indian food was there. Not to mention traditional English breakfast and scones are delightful. And possibly these crumpets!

The only thing I don't really like is the Chinese food. And there are great pizza places, but nothing like a Pizzeria you get here (although out of NYC they're not very good anyway) so I can't grab a slice...

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 10:10 AM
You're crazy!! I LOVE the food there!! They have chocolate digestives and the most amazing sandwiches (Brie and apple for example). I love pub food. And the only time I ever liked Indian food was there. Not to mention traditional English breakfast and scones are delightful. And possibly these crumpets!

The only thing I don't really like is the Chinese food. And there are great pizza places, but nothing like a Pizzeria you get here (although out of NYC they're not very good anyway) so I can't grab a slice...

And they have the best beer ever... John Smith. And Kinder Eggs too. Thank God I live an hour away from Vancouver BC, and that we have tons of European food at work. And crumpets are better than scones. They're warm, and a little bit crunchy on the outerside, but on the inside they're warm and soft and fluffy. Mmmm

http://www.gourmetbaker.com/products/images/crumpets-ta2-eng_r5_c4.jpg

Jen Grunwald
09-21-2006, 10:13 AM
And they have the best beer ever... John Smith. And Kinder Eggs too. Thank God I live an hour away from Vancouver BC, and that we have tons of European food at work. And crumpets are better than scones. They're warm, and a little bit crunchy on the outerside, but on the inside they're warm and soft and fluffy. Mmmm

http://www.gourmetbaker.com/products/images/crumpets-ta2-eng_r5_c4.jpg

Oh but I love a good scone with jam and clotted cream...

I wish I could type that sound Homer makes when he's thinking of some delicious item...

Jim T.
09-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I prefer the Krimpet...

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah, a good warm, moist, scone. Not the kind that are dried out. Bleck.

Jen Grunwald
09-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, a good warm, moist, scone. Not the kind that are dried out. Bleck.

Damn you!!! Now I wanna go back again and I promised myself I wouldn't next year...(need to SAVE!)

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Damn you!!! Now I wanna go back again and I promised myself I wouldn't next year...(need to SAVE!)

Go this year. And all this talk of yummy stuff... Made me get a scone

Jen Grunwald
09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Go this year. And all this talk of yummy stuff... Made me get a scone

I was just there in May... :(

GelfXIII
09-21-2006, 01:44 PM
You can actually buy refridgerator crumpets at many supermarkets in the US. They aren't near as good as the ones I had in Merry old... but they beat thomas' English muffins by a long shot. :D

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Muffins = yuck. Too many holes in them. They're like the Marshmallow Fluff of breakfast pastries

Jen Grunwald
09-21-2006, 01:52 PM
You can actually buy refridgerator crumpets at many supermarkets in the US. They aren't near as good as the ones I had in Merry old... but they beat thomas' English muffins by a long shot. :D

Well, I happen to like our "English" muffins, but I will seek out the crumpets!

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Seek out Weetabix too. They're good all mushed up with chocolate milk and strawberries

Mr. E!
09-21-2006, 01:56 PM

What the hell is a Groat?

Everything else sounds lovely...but a Groat?:mistrust:

Mr. E!
09-21-2006, 01:59 PM
My wife and I send her grandfather a gift basket of scones and jams from Wolferman's every Christmas.
http://www.wolfermans.com/store/catalog?Args=

Agent Desmond
09-21-2006, 02:01 PM
groats are husked grains.