PDA

View Full Version : Reference photos question for creators

Shannon Chenoweth
09-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Ok, I found this school that I want to get some good reference pics of for one of my artists. I sort of drove around it today taking pics through the windows before I heard an intercom system go off and got a bit spooked (I really don't want to get arrested for just taking pics). Have you ever had to take pics of a school or something that might be considered suspicious or what have you? By suspicious I mean I'm just under the mindset that the school probably doesn't want strangers taking photos, you know?
Now, I'm going to go back on one of my days off and talk to someone in the office to get permission to walk around taking pics (maybe ask if I could just do it later in the day when there aren't kids there). I'm just curious if any of you creators have had experiences with this sort of thing.

Donal DeLay
09-16-2006, 05:14 PM
No. I use the internet.

Google Image search, or GettyImages

Shannon Chenoweth
09-16-2006, 05:18 PM
No. I use the internet.

Google Image search, or GettyImages

Well, the thing is, I was doing a lot of that as were my artists. But, I'm just finding things to be such much more exciting and fresh and everything when there's an element of actually reality. I got so excited that I not only found this school that is really close to the school we're using, as well as a perfect housing community right down the road. It makes my story all the more awesome for me, and I feel like I can pass that excitement with these pics onto my artists, along with the story.
Does that make sense? :)

Tschloendorn
09-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Mike asked for an old fashioned corner store for issue 2 of Shylock,and I had the perfect spot where I live at,so I just went in with a business card and a copy of the book and asked if I could take pictures.

I also asked about info for the book to promote their store,it seemed to help and they said sure.

If your wondering I think it's page 11,or 12 in issue 2.

Shannon Chenoweth
09-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Mike asked for an old fashioned corner store for issue 2 of Shylock,and I had the perfect spot where I live at,so I just went in with a business card and a copy of the book and asked if I could take pictures.

I also asked about info for the book to promote their store,it seemed to help and they said sure.

If your wondering I think it's page 11,or 12 in issue 2.

Of course, I forgot to get my iss #2 of Shylock last weekend (I remembered this too late on Sunday night). Damn it!

Anyway, that's good advice Tom. Thanks.