PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger = jerk?

RegularJoe
09-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Speaking of Gotham-related issues, actor Heath Ledger was interviewed by Dark Horizons, and he revealed that he's not so much of a genre fan. "I actually hate comic book movies, like f**king hate them, they just bore me sh**less and they're just dumb. But I thought what Chris Nolan did with 'Batman' was actually really good, really well directed, and Christian Bale was really great in it." On his portrayal of the Clown Prince of Crime, Ledger said, "He's going to be really sinister and it's going to be less about his laugh and his pranks and more about just him being a just a f**king sinister guy."

comicbookresources.com

while i don't demand that actors placate their audience on a non-stop basis, i'd appreciate a higher level of professional decorum. trashing a whole genre, a genre you're now going to be a part of, just seems very low class.

adamgreenberger
09-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Speaking of Gotham-related issues, actor Heath Ledger was interviewed by Dark Horizons, and he revealed that he's not so much of a genre fan. "I actually hate comic book movies, like f**king hate them, they just bore me sh**less and they're just dumb. But I thought what Chris Nolan did with 'Batman' was actually really good, really well directed, and Christian Bale was really great in it." On his portrayal of the Clown Prince of Crime, Ledger said, "He's going to be really sinister and it's going to be less about his laugh and his pranks and more about just him being a just a f**king sinister guy."

comicbookresources.com

while i don't demand that actors placate their audience on a non-stop basis, i'd appreciate a higher level of professional decorum. trashing a whole genre, a genre you're now going to be a part of, just seems very low class.

The truth is...this is just a paycheck for him...he will do a great job and the fact the the script was enough for him to look past his dislike of comics might hold great things for the movie.

Jonny Z
09-13-2006, 08:18 AM
he should stick to getting fucked in the ass

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
09-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh c'mon, all he said was that he's not a fan of this particular genre, but thought "Batman Begins" was a good movie, so he'll happily work on it's follow-up. It's not Halle Berry basically shitting on the entire comic book genre.

Ryan Elliott
09-13-2006, 08:20 AM
You see, goddammit?!?! Batman Begins was so fucking good that even people who hate comic book movies LOVE it!!! :mad:

VALIDATION!!!

PoWerSurge
09-13-2006, 08:22 AM
It's actually kind of nice to see honesty. Dude doesn't like comic book movies. He could be one of the many who maybe had 5 comic books as a kid and say "Yeah! I've always loved the art form"

A.Huerta
09-13-2006, 08:23 AM
You see, goddammit?!?! Batman Begins was so fucking good that even people who hate comic book movies LOVE it!!! :mad:

VALIDATION!!!

HE's just saying that cuz he's in the damn sequel. He's going to be a crappy Joker, I can feel it. The dude from Fight Club wouldve worked.

Artie Pink
09-13-2006, 08:26 AM
"But I thought what Chris Nolan did with 'Batman' was actually really good, really well directed, and Christian Bale was really great in it. [The Joker's] going to be really sinister ...."

Like, really?

Ryan Elliott
09-13-2006, 08:28 AM
HE's just saying that cuz he's in the damn sequel. He's going to be a crappy Joker, I can feel it. The dude from Fight Club wouldve worked.

Yeah, in the same sentence that he's bad-mouthing the entire genre that both movies are apart of.

Yeah, makes sense. :roll:

A.Huerta
09-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah, in the same sentence that he's bad-mouthing the entire genre that both movies are apart of.

Yeah, makes sense. :roll:

All he cares about is $$$.

Believe what u want.

Ryan Elliott
09-13-2006, 08:31 AM
You.

James Patrick
09-13-2006, 08:32 AM
The truth is if you're not into comics, comics movies as a whole come off looking stupid. There are few exceptions to Daredevil, Elektra, Catwoman, and when you release enough of them they just start to look the same to everyone who doesn't know the difference between Krpto and Martian Manunter. Like action movies. Not that they all look like action movies, they just all start to clump into comic book movies. And because they're so in right now it's easy not to like them.

adamgreenberger
09-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Oh c'mon, all he said was that he's not a fan of this particular genre, but thought "Batman Begins" was a good movie, so he'll happily work on it's follow-up. It's not Halle Berry basically shitting on the entire comic book genre.

Even if she didn't do it verbally..she did ith when she released Catwoman

SteveZegers
09-13-2006, 08:34 AM
I just assumed he was a jerk.

Ryan Elliott
09-13-2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah, Halle Berry basically said that she did Catwoman JUST for the paycheck.

Oscar-worthy actress my Bat-Ass.

RickLM
09-13-2006, 08:36 AM
I think he went to the same Australian charm school that Mel Gibson and Russel Crowe attended.

Ryan Elliott
09-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Oh, and before I forget, this is the look they should try to shoot for for the Joker:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/Hellboy072/Batman%20The%20Animated%20Series/attachment.jpg

It's just dark and scary enough that it can fit into Nolan's universe, but it's also very Joker-ish.

Bill?
09-13-2006, 09:54 AM
I actually like that he's being somewhat honest.

Craig C
09-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Oh, and before I forget, this is the look they should try to shoot for for the Joker:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/Hellboy072/Batman%20The%20Animated%20Series/attachment.jpg

It's just dark and scary enough that it can fit into Nolan's universe, but it's also very Joker-ish.

I actually preferred his look from the first season with the whole noir feel that they had.

DAVE
09-13-2006, 10:06 AM
What an asshole! The guy hates comic book movies!? That's bullshit. Anyonewho hates such classics like Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, X3, Daredevil, Punisher,Fantastic Four, Catwoman, and Elektra has to be an asshole.

NickT
09-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Ledger responds to this thread - http://www.egotastic.com/image?path=0608/michelle-williams-heath-ledger-fuck-off-01.jpg&info=Michelle%20Williams%20and%20Heath%20Ledger%20 Fuck%20Off%20picture ;)

I don't mind that he said that, he's just being honest. My only slight worry is that the Joker wont be very.....Joker-y

Craig C
09-13-2006, 10:07 AM
What an asshole! The guy hates comic book movies!? That's bullshit. Anyonewho hates such classics like Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, X3, Daredevil, Punisher,Fantastic Four, Catwoman, and Elektra has to be an asshole.

You forgot kicks puppies too. :)

JABSEN
09-13-2006, 10:11 AM
How does not liking comic book movies make you a jerk?

Jef UK
09-13-2006, 10:16 AM
File under: who cares?

Los
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Don't see anything wrong with what he said.

SeanC
09-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Ledger responds to this thread - http://www.egotastic.com/image?path=0608/michelle-williams-heath-ledger-fuck-off-01.jpg&info=Michelle%20Williams%20and%20Heath%20Ledger%20 Fuck%20Off%20picture ;)

Did Michelle Williams' swimsuit come with a plastic shovel and bucket?

Donal DeLay
09-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Well, it's not his fault Road To Perdition was boring, and History of Violence was badly directed.

Because he's never been in a boring, poorly written, badly acted, horribly directed movie.

Ever.