PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Con 2006

WayOfTheStrega
09-06-2006, 03:14 PM
First off, this year was a great show! The whole atmosphere of Dragon Con is amazing. It's like a New Year's and Halloween party all wrapped up into one and spread over a 4 day weekend.

There were lots of great costumes around, as usual. I got to meet a few celebrities, most notably: Bill Mosely, Tony Todd, The Ghost Hunters (Jason and Grant), and the greatest, George A. Romero.

I also attended some night time shows as well, seeing Ego Likeness, Godhead and The Cruxshadows. The Cruxshadows were the best. Everyone jumping up and down made the floor bounce up and down, which creeped me out a bit because the last thing I wanted was to land in the hospital or die because the floor caved in. But, everything turned out good.

And, obviously, I went through Artist Alley. I saw, of course, David Mack, whom is always a pleasure to meet and talk to. Great guy and always has a smile on his face. Unfortunatly, I didn't get to meet Andy Lee this time around, which sucks, but maybe another day. Sanford Greene was there and he's a cool cat. Peter David...crazy, crazy man. And I met another dude that I never heard of, but now I'm a fan of his work. His name is John Tyler Christopher. We had a nice little conversation about his work, but I don't think he has a website because I can't find one, dammit! Oh, and though I didn't get a chance to meet him, but David Lloyd was there too. It was cool just to see the artist behind the V For Vendetta book.

All in all, fun weekend it was.

TheKraken
09-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Here's a link to my ridiculously long, 57 picture DC wrap-up on Bendis' board:

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=84371

Mack, it sucks Mike & I couldn't hang out longer. We were at the mercies of other people. My group only got there at, like, 3:30 Saturday, so it ended up being a kinda whirlwind thing for me... I never felt like I had enough time to get in all the stuff I wanted to see. I didn't even get to buy a single thing from the dealer rooms. What kinda con do you walk away from without buying a bunch of goodies you can't actually afford!? :lol: But, just like last time, you were a class act, and I'm glad we at least got to say, "hi." When we were checking into our rooms, I spotted you going up an escalator, too. :D Thanks so much for the beautiful print... it's going on the wall as soon as I get a frame.