PDA

View Full Version : jack Black on crack doing shakespeare

Murdock's Girl
09-05-2006, 07:32 AM
So my bestest friend (besides Stubby), my buddy Ken and I went to the local Ren fair yesterday. It was SO MUCH FREAKING FUN. Esp. because it was raining on an off all day, so everything was mud.

The few reasons I like going to Bristol:
-Hot guys in kilts.
-A guy that works at a shop called Excalibur that is a dead ringer of Wesley from Princess Bride.
-Hot guys in costumes.
-The mayor of bristol- played by one of the coach's of a speech team in the area, who likes to tease me alot when he's in costume.

and...
the best reason....
EVER...

Sir William Shakespeare.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/MurdocksGirl/willshakes.jpg

Ok. this is the reason I love this guy. Yesterday, when it was still raining, he had all the people who came to his show hide in an empty store to get out of the rain, while he performed the one man version of MacBeth (or... McB and the wierd sisters-Lindsey, Nicole and Paris). I've seen him perform McB and Hamlet (ala Jerry Springer). BEST.ACTING.EVER!

His whole 'sthick' is that he knows us idiots are intimidated by his language, so he tells his stories in laymens terms for us to understand- and loaded with pop culture references ("...and your buddy Duncan- the king walks in and you go 'rock on' because... that 's what you do when you see the King of Scotland"..." Does anyone know the reason why everyone talks to themselves in my time? BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT LISTENS")

I am working on getting him to perform for the senior class in a few months when they start working on Hamlet. :)

Ok. just wanted to share about my happy mud filled day.

ComicBookWriter13
09-05-2006, 07:35 AM
where does jack black come into this?

Murdock's Girl
09-05-2006, 07:41 AM
The pic doesn't do him justice, but upclose he looks like Jack black a bit, and he does a shit ton of jack black references in McB.

ComicBookWriter13
09-05-2006, 07:41 AM
ah! all is clear!

stubbycheeto
09-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Sweety, that guy doesn't look like Wesley

And I thought you'd like to know that Shakespeare has a myspace...