PDA

View Full Version : I love when Joe Q fucks with fanboys' heads...

Akira
09-01-2006, 08:34 PM
From this week's New Joe Fridays, re this image:

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NJF12art/spidey.jpg

Thatís actually a piece I drew for my Spider-Man mini that Iím doing with JMS. Somehow it got released accidentally as it was connected to some other file. As happens from time to time, we screw up.

Oh, by the way, I just took a look at that Spider-Man piece and I was mistaken, thatís actually a Ron Garney drawing I believe from an upcoming issue of Amazing. Sorry about the confusion.

Sheesh, sorry about that, but man, Iím an idiot. You know what, you guys are right, that Spider-Man piece is from Kaare Andrewís upcoming Reign project, d-uh!

Oh wow, [laughs]! You know what; I am so completely off base with that Spider-Man illustration. That was actually drawn for Ultimate Spider-Man by the new artist that takes over after Mark Bagley. Sorry, but I canít tell you who that is just yet but man, we are so clumsy when it comes to stuff like this. That image should have never leaked.

Hey, you know what, Iím mistaken again. What can I say we have so much art and stuff that crosses my desk that itís tough to remember it all. That Spider-Man grave stone drawing is the variant cover to Civil War #7. I think thatís a Mike Turner piece, but I could be wrong.

Shoot, wow, I canít believe how off base I am with this stuff today, but that Spider-Man cover is actually one of the covers for Wizardsí 2007 preview issue by Scott Kolins. Sorry, thatís definitely it. Glad thatís cleared up.

Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man, you know what, I got so worked up with that last answer that I just had a moment of clarity. That Spider-Man piece is from Jeph Loeb and J. Scott Campbellís future Spidey story, how could I have forgotten?

Hmmm, come to think of it, I donít think we produced that Spider-Man image, I think thatís a fan sketch that came into our submissions department and someone leaked it on purpose.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SCOURGE
09-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Joey Q: The King Of Bs!!

joeAR
09-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Fucking hilerious

Bedlam66
09-01-2006, 08:40 PM
That was my fav Part of this Weeks Joe Fridays. What made it better is know it prob Pissed people off who have no Sense of Humor.

Lord Jermaine Retail
09-01-2006, 08:40 PM
That's exactly what I would do all the time. He sure went off on the guy who asked why Newsarama gave him softball questions (which I don't think they do) and rightfully so.

bairdduvessa
09-01-2006, 08:44 PM
it's actualy a scene from spider-man 3

GelfXIII
09-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Actually, I think that's for the next Witchblade/Spider-man crossover.;)

bairdduvessa
09-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Actualy I heard it was a future cover for Nextwave. Where mary Jane joins the team.

bairdduvessa
09-01-2006, 08:57 PM
It's part of the new Dead Girl series coming out.

bairdduvessa
09-01-2006, 09:00 PM
kidding aside, the arms look like how turner draws arms

Jerome Gibbons
09-01-2006, 09:01 PM
JoeyQ is the man.

Kefky
09-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Damn, he was on fire tonight! One of the best joe friday's ever! :lol:

Jerome Gibbons
09-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Q: turproverb - Why do you think it is that Newsarama refuses to actually press you for information on your questionable editorial decisions?
It's funny when fanboys ask questions like that to industry people. I always wonder, just what exactly are they expecting to hear in return? That the industry person in question just had an epiphany and finally realized the error of their ways? Something like that, maybe? Dumbasses.

Raphael J
09-01-2006, 09:27 PM
It's funny when fanboys ask questions like that to industry people. I always wonder, just what exactly are they expecting to hear in return? That the industry person in question just had an epiphany and finally realized the error of their ways or something like that? Dumbasses.

While it is a dumb question, it's also pretty inaccurate. Joe Q doesn't really dodge too many questions over at Newsarama. In my personal opinion, DC gets more of a pass on the site by both the interviewers and on their message board.

But that's just my opinion.

Fake Pat
09-01-2006, 09:34 PM
kidding aside, the arms look like how turner draws arms

yeah, after i read i that i realized it really does kinda look like turner art.

Dr. Omega
09-01-2006, 11:07 PM
What a dick.

And the joke drug on so long that I lost interest halfway down..

Dr. Ω

Ryan Elliott
09-01-2006, 11:09 PM
What a dick.

And the joke drug on so long that I lost interest halfway down..

Dr. Ω

:lol:+:nonono2:

YouStayClassy
09-02-2006, 01:41 AM
Actualy I heard it was a future cover for Nextwave. Where mary Jane joins the team.
Okay, if the marriage does end that is EXACTLY how I want to see it go down.

TheTravis!
09-02-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm not that overwhelmed with the funny. I get the point. It's just... oh.

Damian696
09-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Just remember: After talking to JoeyQ, don't forget to ask at the end:
"So, aside from you, do you have any believeable sources for that info?" :scared:

:twisted:

Donal DeLay
09-02-2006, 02:18 AM
I love when Joe Q does new art. The pencils on his two Wolverine covers are amazing.

ComicBookWriter13
09-02-2006, 04:01 AM
I have heard that Joe Q isn't very well liked by some, but when he does stuff like this, its hard not to like the guy. He is having fun with his job :)

Zulithe
09-02-2006, 04:08 AM
My vote goes to "fan drawing".

ComicBookWriter13
09-02-2006, 04:09 AM
my vote goes to turner variant, maybe, cuz it only halfway looks like a turner drawing.

Thudpucker
09-02-2006, 04:54 AM
I thought it was lame and distracting. But then I don't care about Spider-man so I wasn't interested in his tease.

NotForResale
09-02-2006, 04:56 AM
Look at the shape of the head. That's JRJR. One person Joe Q didn't mention.
Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

bairdduvessa
09-02-2006, 05:05 AM
Okay, if the marriage does end that is EXACTLY how I want to see it go down.
see? more people neep to nominate me in Ray's thread there.

Ray G.
09-02-2006, 06:20 AM
Eh, it was funny, but he took it a bit too far for me. What killed it was when he made the joke about it being USM. The name on the tombstone just made that joke ridiculously obvious and wrong, and at that point it seemed like he was just letting it go on too long.

That being said, it's definitely from Reign.

Boris the Blade
09-02-2006, 06:59 AM
It looks like Scott Kolin's work.

Mister Mets
09-02-2006, 07:36 AM
We'll find out just what it is soon enough.

If I had to guess an artist it'd be John Romita Jr.

cmoney
09-02-2006, 10:44 AM
I dunno, one of the posters on Newsarama put comparison pics up with other art from Spider-Man: Reign, and it looked like the same style to me.

Bedlam66
09-02-2006, 11:05 AM
I dunno, one of the posters on Newsarama put comparison pics up with other art from Spider-Man: Reign, and it looked like the same style to me.
It is the Same. It's Karen Andrews art.

cmoney
09-02-2006, 11:09 AM
It is the Same. It's Karen Andrews art.

Yeah, seemed pretty obvious to me. Here's the comparison offered:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/Deadjacket/spidey1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/Deadjacket/reign.jpg

Definitely looks like Kaare Andrews to me.

Guirk the Thudner
09-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah I just started another thread about this, bc I didn't see this one. It's the Turner variant. I'd bet my dog on it. Look back at his other variants, all Spidey-centric. Of course he does his misdirection, but for the scope of what that image entails, Civil War is the only place that story happens. I mean, Bagley USM stuff? C'mon give us some credit. My biggest issue is exactly what he's said about the Spidey marriage before- making him a widdower both ages him incredibly AND makes him even LESS of an everyman. I don't understand why, if they are so incompetant as to be unable to make a marraige dramatically interesting (see ALL television), they would think a divorce alienates Peter to an audience. Face it, almost ALL of us experience divorce in one way or another, and if you really want Peter to stay relatable why not have him go through a failed marraige? Even a 6 year old knows divorce happens and it sucks. Superman can't get divorced, but Spider-man can.

YouStayClassy
09-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah I just started another thread about this, bc I didn't see this one. It's the Turner variant. I'd bet my dog on it. Look back at his other variants, all Spidey-centric. Of course he does his misdirection, but for the scope of what that image entails, Civil War is the only place that story happens. I mean, Bagley USM stuff? C'mon give us some credit. My biggest issue is exactly what he's said about the Spidey marriage before- making him a widdower both ages him incredibly AND makes him even LESS of an everyman. I don't understand why, if they are so incompetant as to be unable to make a marraige dramatically interesting (see ALL television), they would think a divorce alienates Peter to an audience. Face it, almost ALL of us experience divorce in one way or another, and if you really want Peter to stay relatable why not have him go through a failed marraige? Even a 6 year old knows divorce happens and it sucks. Superman can't get divorced, but Spider-man can.

Why can't Superman get divorced?

Katamari
09-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah I just started another thread about this, bc I didn't see this one. It's the Turner variant. I'd bet my dog on it.

its so blatantly from spiderman reign

ill have you dog now..:grope:

Bearpod91
09-02-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm going with Riegn. Or whatever it's spelled. I don't see this happening in 616 or even being revealed yet.

bairdduvessa
09-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, seemed pretty obvious to me. Here's the comparison offered:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/Deadjacket/spidey1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/Deadjacket/reign.jpg

Definitely looks like Kaare Andrews to me.
this is the first art i've seen from reign so it is either turner or this