PDA

View Full Version : I popped out my shoulder this morning

Evan the Shaggy
09-01-2006, 06:27 AM
in the dumbest way humanly possible.

I woke up, didn't realize that I had been sleeping on top of my arm all night, completely cutting off the circulation, heard the alarm go off and flung my right arm toward it to shut it off. I didn't realize that my arm was completely numb so I knocked everything off the desk and cracked it against the edge of the desk, dislocating my shoulder.

I had to get one of my roommates to pull it back into place (Which I was really nervous about but it worked, thank God.).

So yeah, interesting way to wake up this morning.

Magnum V.I.
09-01-2006, 06:29 AM

I woke up, didn't realize that I had been sleeping on top of my arm all night, completely cutting off the circulation, heard the alarm go off and flung my right arm toward it to shut it off. I didn't realize that my arm was completely numb so I knocked everything off the desk and cracked it against the edge of the desk, dislocating my shoulder.

I had to get one of my roommates to pull it back into place (Which I was really nervous about but it worked, thank God.).

At least you didn't fall asleep on some other 'arm'...

Gregory
09-01-2006, 06:53 AM
Oh, come on, Mel Gibson just jams it back in there.

Generic Poster
09-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Oh, come on, Mel Gibson just jams it back in there.

Yeah. Look on the bright side. Now when you get put in a straightjacket and thrown in the water, you'll be able to escape easily.

ClintP
09-01-2006, 07:14 AM
I am glad it worked out for you. I took EMT training and they told us never to do that and to just get the patient to the doc due to more injury. I hope you feel ok.

Evan the Shaggy
09-01-2006, 07:38 AM
I am glad it worked out for you. I took EMT training and they told us never to do that and to just get the patient to the doc due to more injury. I hope you feel ok.

Yeah I'm feeling all right, this has only happened to me one other time while playing football. My knee on the other hand, dislocates about once every six months for one reason or another.

The joys of being tall.

ComicBookWriter13
09-01-2006, 07:40 AM
ouch........ouchie......ouchie booboo

ClintP
09-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah I'm feeling all right, this has only happened to me one other time while playing football. My knee on the other hand, dislocates about once every six months for one reason or another.

The joys of being tall.
How tall? I am 6'2. Though I never do anything that may cause this. I am lazy...

Adam Beranek
09-01-2006, 07:46 AM
I dislocated mine in a semi-pro wrestling match one time. Popped it back in...but my hand gets numbs every now and then.

ComicBookWriter13
09-01-2006, 07:49 AM
ouch........ouchie......ouchie booboo

I've had like almost 800 posts here, and most of them involve lots of periods, and like three words, and maybe a full sentence. I make myself sick.

Alex(sadly)Maleev
09-01-2006, 07:49 AM

My left shoulder dislocates all the time, has happened in my sleep few times too. You need to learn some procedures on how you pop it back in yourself. My advice to you. Otherwise you are in for hours of pain.

GabeLogan
09-01-2006, 07:53 AM
OUCH!

I dislocated my thumb a few months ago. It still hasn't healed right. I've now dislocated a thumb and elbow. The elbow still pops out from time to time but I can usually pop it back on my own. Hurts like a mother.

Evan the Shaggy
09-01-2006, 08:05 AM
How tall? I am 6'2. Though I never do anything that may cause this. I am lazy...

6'6. I dislocated my knee for the first time ever when I was 13 while at a camp dance. Been happening ever since, and yes it was the most embarassing moment ever.

innocentboy
09-02-2006, 10:10 AM
cool story