PDA

View Full Version : Kabuki

Gavin
08-30-2006, 12:15 PM
I've started reading Kabuki over at Newsarama and got interested in it there, and because of all the rave reviews of it on the Board I decided to pick up Kabuki #7 today. There was only one issue on the shelves (most people where I live just want superheroes from the big two). Although I don't have a firm grasp of what has gone on I do have a dim idea of what it's about. All I can say is that I was totally blown away by it. I've read David Mack's work on Daredevil, and especially enjoyed the art on Wake Up, but this was absolutely amazing! The detail of the blueprints, and the complexity of the art was astounding. I'm definitely going to have to pick up the earlier books. David, hands down one of the best comics I've picked up in a long time.

MACK!
08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
I've started reading Kabuki over at Newsarama and got interested in it there, and because of all the rave reviews of it on the Board I decided to pick up Kabuki #7 today. There was only one issue on the shelves (most people where I live just want superheroes from the big two). Although I don't have a firm grasp of what has gone on I do have a dim idea of what it's about. All I can say is that I was totally blown away by it. I've read David Mack's work on Daredevil, and especially enjoyed the art on Wake Up, but this was absolutely amazing! The detail of the blueprints, and the complexity of the art was astounding. I'm definitely going to have to pick up the earlier books. David, hands down one of the best comics I've picked up in a long time.

Thanks Gavin,
This is the first feedback I've heard from #7 so far.
I'm glad you liked it and happy that you took the innitiative to try Kabuki.

Thanks for the kind words here. There is a good chance I'll include your response in the letters collumn to one of the upcoming issues if that is ok with you.

And let me know what you think of the other Kabuki books when you get a chance to read them.

Best,
David

Jacob Lyon Goddard
08-30-2006, 06:57 PM
when did 7 come out?

tdaniel
08-30-2006, 08:14 PM
when did 7 come out?

Today - Weds 8/30. Preview pages over at davidmackguide.com (http://www.davidmackguide.com)!

Page 9 of Kabuki Daily posted and both page 8 & 9 have Flash Forward Pages from Vol. 7 - so check it out.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
08-30-2006, 08:22 PM
i'll buy it at the next convention Mack's at

Gavin
08-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks Gavin,
This is the first feedback I've heard from #7 so far.
I'm glad you liked it and happy that you took the innitiative to try Kabuki.

Thanks for the kind words here. There is a good chance I'll include your response in the letters collumn to one of the upcoming issues if that is ok with you.

And let me know what you think of the other Kabuki books when you get a chance to read them.

Best,
David
That would be great if you included this in the letters portion. I'll definitely let you know what I think of the others.

who cares?
08-31-2006, 07:19 PM
damn, i didnt know this came out