PDA

View Full Version : Kabuki #7

jason hissong
08-28-2006, 08:52 AM
does Kabuki come out this week?

Eric Williams
08-28-2006, 09:24 AM
I guess we'll find out at 5:00 pm EST, when Diamond's official comics list goes up. I hope so...

Eric Williams
08-28-2006, 02:36 PM
It's on the list. ;)
We're in for some Kabuki goodness this Wednesday!!

MACK!
08-28-2006, 10:54 PM
It's on the list. ;)
We're in for some Kabuki goodness this Wednesday!!

I got it from the printer today!

It is real! It exists!

Eric Williams
08-29-2006, 03:55 AM
Yay!
I can't even remember how long its been since #6, but one thing I've learned is that with Kabuki, I'm never let down after the wait. ^^

I'm excited now...

GelfXIII
09-04-2006, 10:23 AM
The capsule review I wrote fro my "Bought/Thought" rankings post (needless to say it was my number one book for the week.)

Kabuki #7 – It’s so good, it’s not even fair to lump it with these other comic books. It’s a book about life and inspiration and creativity and identity and it’s just amazing. I guess I can understand, sort of, that it might not be for some folks, but once you really start grooving on Mack’s ideas and philosophies, it’s a world changing piece of literature.

Seriously, great great book.

tdaniel
09-11-2006, 08:09 AM
The capsule review I wrote fro my "Bought/Thought" rankings post (needless to say it was my number one book for the week.)
Seriously, great great book.

I'm with Gelf here. And this time the added attraction was the mysterious mail person and bedroom visitor that builds some plot anticipation up for next issue in addition to the ideas put forth on art/professionalism/creation/the muse and so forth.

Anyone having any desire to pursue any form of creative endeavor should pick up this particular issue. I immediately handed it to my wife, who as a painter never seems to find enough time and while she paints often, she does not have that daily habit built in - yet! The whole idea of "create and then the muse will arrive", versus say "wait for the muse then create" was just another one of those moments in Kabuki where the value of reading is CLEARLY defined.

The War of Art was a great single issue!

AvidFan
09-21-2006, 12:40 PM
hey

long time no post
just put down #7 and thought it was fantastic
so much to take in in one read, but I wanted to thank you again for the insights and help your work always bring to me
was at a low point and had been all summer, but your work again got me thinking and brought some light through the clouds

aside from the psychology in there I thought the story was again reving up to takes us somewhere Kabuki would be able to resolve her past with the control corps, looking forward to how the trio deal with the noh

although having not read it I believe Art & Fear is another good book for people in the creative fields to read.

take care (not that you wont!)
andy.

ps - forgot, will the dvd be out in time for crimbo?

MACK!
09-30-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm with Gelf here. And this time the added attraction was the mysterious mail person and bedroom visitor that builds some plot anticipation up for next issue in addition to the ideas put forth on art/professionalism/creation/the muse and so forth.

Anyone having any desire to pursue any form of creative endeavor should pick up this particular issue. I immediately handed it to my wife, who as a painter never seems to find enough time and while she paints often, she does not have that daily habit built in - yet! The whole idea of "create and then the muse will arrive", versus say "wait for the muse then create" was just another one of those moments in Kabuki where the value of reading is CLEARLY defined.

The War of Art was a great single issue!

Gelf,
Tim,
& Avid,
Thanks for the response to #7.
it is good to see how people react to it and what they get out of it.
I think you will get a real kick out of the next issue.
Some various events from previous Alchemy issues (and previous volumes) come together in a way that may be surprising.
I know I'm still wrapping my head around.