PDA

View Full Version : Question on comic busts / statues

Thudpucker
08-27-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm just starting to get into collecting these and was searching Ebay for the Strangers in Paradise busts. And I found this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Moore-STRANGER-IN-PARADISE-Katchoo-No-BUST_W0QQitemZ200020590178QQihZ010QQcategoryZ80QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In the disclaimer is says:

You are bidding on a rare and beautiful "NO NUMBER" bust of KATCHOO by C. Moore! Unlike the numbered version, this is a rare "NO NUMBER" version (only A HAND-FULL exsist in the world !!!!)

Isn't the reason that they number the statues an authenticity thing, letting you know you got a real one and not a counterfiet HK knockoff or something like that? When I see 'no number' versions then it's going to be a fake right?

Thudpucker
08-27-2006, 09:41 AM
bust collectors are very late sleepers :-?

Modok Gas
08-27-2006, 09:56 AM
I think Bowen occasionally has some "artist proofs" that appear on eBay. Since those are pre-production, they don't have numbers.

bust collectors are very late sleepers :-?

They've stayed up late last night to dust their collections.

Thudpucker
08-27-2006, 09:59 AM
I think Bowen occasionally has some "artist proofs" that appear on eBay. Since those are pre-production, they don't have numbers.

They've stayed up late last night to dust their collections.

:lol:

And I hadn't thought about artist proofs. Would those include packaging? This one has the same box and packaging normal statues get. Does Bowen package and sell thier proofs or do they just find thier out into the world 'unofficially'?

Modok Gas
08-27-2006, 10:14 AM
:lol:

And I hadn't thought about artist proofs. Would those include packaging? This one has the same box and packaging normal statues get. Does Bowen package and sell thier proofs or do they just find thier out into the world 'unofficially'?

Not really sure on either of your questions... I think the safest bet would be to check past auctions on eBay and also the sellers' feedbacks.

Here's what I found with a quick google search, a Galactus proof with box:

http://bestcomics.stores.yahoo.net/gafusistbybo.html