PDA

View Full Version : The Official Prison Break Thread 8/21/06

LordKinbote
08-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Maybe it's too early in the day. Whatever.

And so begins the return of all our favorite shows. Who's looking forward to the Prison Break premiere tonight? I thought last season, while completely silly, was also some damn fine TV in a leave-your-brain-at-the-door kind of way. And the cliffhanger was a good one.

Thoughts?

Simps
08-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I didn't even realize it started tonight until IMDb told me yesterday. I finally watched the last 2 episodes from last season, so now I'm all caught up and ready to go.

Ray G.
08-21-2006, 11:03 AM
This quickly became one of my favorite shows. I hope the change to an "on the run" show doesn't kill the momentum.

LordKinbote
08-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I didn't even realize it started tonight until IMDb told me yesterday. I finally watched the last 2 episodes from last season, so now I'm all caught up and ready to go.

I know. It seem obscenely early in the season. Remember when FOX shows were the *last* to premiere?

alan
08-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Fuck.

I had forgotten this premiered tonight.

I can't wait.

--Alan

Kman00001
08-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Now that they're out of the prison, I can't say I particularly care anymore. I guess I'll give it 2 or 3 episodes to see how the show copes. I wasn't very fond of season 1's finale, though...

CityofRainMan
08-21-2006, 12:17 PM
I know. It seem obscenely early in the season. Remember when FOX shows were the *last* to premiere?

Well, other than Prison Break and Vanished and a few more, Fox shows ARE the last ones to premiere this year. I know 24 won't start till January, but that's no surprise, and most of their other stuff won't start until early November after baseball.

Plus, Prison Break is running for 22 straight weeks this year, so they had to start it early to finish it up in January when 24 starts again.

Knightspider
08-21-2006, 12:18 PM
I bought the dvd set last week and pretty much watched it non-stop

my only problem with the show is i don't see it lasting past this season, but i could be wrong

THWIP!
08-21-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm stuck at work so I'll be downloading tonights episode.

Brewtown Andy
08-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Bump, because it's on.

marco19
08-21-2006, 04:23 PM
finchtner is great as the fbi agent chasing them....although you have to suspend belief a little bit while watching this show this season is gonna be like watching the movie Fugitive on Steroids..a very cool start so far

eroz
08-21-2006, 05:34 PM
One question...I thought the "dead guy" was the vice-president's brother. When did she become the President?

*edit*
Nevermind I remember now.

RegularJoe
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
holy shit! robin tunney got blown the fuck away!

CityofRainMan
08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
robin tunney got blown the fuck away!

Hell yeah!

Two in the chest and one in the head! Now, that boring ass crap is over with! Time for Linc to be the Sink! Now, if only LJ were next... Plus, where's that secret service agent? I thought he was coming back for more.

Justin.Strange
08-21-2006, 09:34 PM
I dug it. They fixed alot of mistakes from last season. but they still have several more things to fix. And good riddance to YouKnowWho.

Foolish Mortal
08-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Damn, they killed ________!! I wasn't expecting that at all.

Why can't Tea Bag get fucking killed??? He needs to die.

I don't know about the FBI agent's character. He seems a little too much like a "Molly Sue". It's like the writers got together and decided; "We need a character who's as brilliant as Michael." Just feels too "written".

But like most other contrivances on this show, you start to get used to them after a while.

About next week's show..They're going to bust Lincoln's son out? Damn, they got some giant balls now.

THWIP!
08-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Man I loved the opener. It was a great episode it just didn't feel like a season premire, it felt like a midseason episode. But I still loved it.

I had read a review of the show that day and they said that someone was dying but I completely forgot until it fucking happened and it was insane.

I can't wait to see where it goes and I love the new FBI Character. He's smart as hell. But I thought that he was a little but too fast in figuring things out. The Storage thing was totally predicted. I love the pain that T-Bag is going to go through. I wish we saw what happened with the wigger kid, maybe next episode.

I hope we won't be seeing less of Stacey Keach and Bellick. I like those characters a lot.