PDA

View Full Version : How many books do you read at once?

Angel of Distraction
04-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Right now, I am working my way through Dsiney War, about the rise and fall of Michael Eisner.
Couldn't find a pic of the book but...
http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2004/2004-05/18-disney-derfeuhrer-inside.jpg
By the way, Jeff Katzenberg is almost as big an ass as Eisner himself.

Just got The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde and will crack it open tonight.

A book on Unexplained mysteries by a guy who specializes in this and who wrote a ghost book about my hometown, calling it the most Haunted small town in America. Check out The History and Hauntings Book Co.

And a huge-ass Lewis and Clark coffeetable book, focusing on their dealings with Indian tribes, that has been on hiatus for two months.

Thudpucker
04-23-2005, 07:31 PM
No more than 2. And that's because sometimes I need a light reading books for trips or lunch breaks at work, so I'll interupt a more serious book sometimes.

But that is rare. I like to complete one story before moving on to the next.

madmartigan
04-23-2005, 07:32 PM
3 or 4
Right now just came back from borders and got the tesseract by alex garland and the dogeaters by jessica hagerdon, working my way through the james jean sketchbook.

GoddessOKay
04-23-2005, 07:32 PM
lots, cuz i'm at college
and where does one get a "huge ass Lewis & Clark coffee table book" might i ask???

Howlett
04-23-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm reading two Dean Koontz books (Lightning and Dark Rivers of the Heart) and Michael Crichton's Eaters of the Dead. I usually read two or three books at once. depends on my mood.

who cares?
04-23-2005, 07:34 PM
i generally try to read just one book at a time, with school and all, but a lot of times i'll be reading 2, or 3 at the same time, particularly if one of the books is made of short stories....

TheKraken
04-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Sometimes alot, sometimes not many. Right now, I'm reading this Tori Amos autobio sort of thing, a Muddy Waters bio, and Quixote. I like it, I have a lot of flavors to go to when I feel like reading...

Flonk
04-23-2005, 07:35 PM
I take em one at a time. I'm reading Helter Skelter right now. Great book.

madmartigan
04-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Oh, and I always have one of those bathroom readers on the toilet lid.

Jason_BANNED
04-23-2005, 07:40 PM
I can't remember the last time I read a regular book for pleasure.

Between all the books I have to read for school and all the comics I read, I don't have much time to read anything else.

Jason

Matt Higgins
04-23-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm reading Stradivari's Genius by Toby Faber

Opus Croakus
04-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I can't make it 100 pages into a book without starting another, so I've typically got a dozen or more lying around that I'm halfway through.

Angel of Distraction
04-23-2005, 11:18 PM
lots, cuz i'm at college
and where does one get a "huge ass Lewis & Clark coffee table book" might i ask???

St. Louis, where else? Specifcally, at the history museum.

Angel of Distraction
04-23-2005, 11:21 PM
I can't make it 100 pages into a book without starting another, so I've typically got a dozen or more lying around that I'm halfway through.

This is how I am anymore. Typically this is because I have heard it all before, so i know where the book is going almost before it does, so even if it is good, I still get distracted by shiny things easily. One that recently confudled this was Lamb, which I was consistently surprised by.

chris page
04-24-2005, 01:40 AM
generally, try to get through one at a time, but then people lend me books saying that i "have to read this" and I get suckered in. (that, and i have to read something before i go to bed, or i can't sleep) right now working my way through "the rum diary", and have some new palahniuk on order from amazon..

Vroom_Socko
04-24-2005, 02:06 AM
I think the most I ever had going at once was five, but that was in grade school. Right now, I've just got two: Prisoner of Azkaban, since I'm rereading all the Harry Potters before I get the new one, and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, because, well... it's Heinlen. I need a better reason?

Schroedingers Cat
04-24-2005, 05:31 AM
I am currently reading:

Dark Tower 5
Wizard Magazine
Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine
A box of comics that a friend loaned me
A box of comics that I purchased

I usually have another novel going at the same time but I decided I was going to read Dark Tower Books 5-7 straight through.

Jim

Angel of Distraction
04-24-2005, 06:50 AM
I am currently reading:

Dark Tower 5
Wizard Magazine
Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine
A box of comics that a friend loaned me
A box of comics that I purchased

I usually have another novel going at the same time but I decided I was going to read Dark Tower Books 5-7 straight through.

Jim

How many of those things are there?

Sir Erudite Gav
04-24-2005, 06:52 AM
I haven't enough patience for books so one at a time. I'm reading a little way into The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe, but I'm leaving the rest until I've listened to all the radio plays.

Ben Rosen
04-24-2005, 06:55 AM
Just 1. Usually whatever I have to read for school, only because I can't keep track of 2.

Petey Parker
04-24-2005, 07:30 AM
I usually only read one book but right now I'm reading two. Picked em both up at Borders last night.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/030681367X.01._AA400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0743412265.01._AA400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
04-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Usually one or two. I have a stack of books that keeps getting bigger though.

Schroedingers Cat
04-24-2005, 02:55 PM
How many of those things are there?
There's 7 Dark Tower books.

Jim