PDA

View Full Version : Alchemy #8 Predictions - SPOILERS

Eric Williams
07-30-2006, 07:11 AM
****OOPS. I accidentally titled this thread Alchemy #8, when #7 is the next issue. Please forgive this error on my part.****

According to Marvel.com, Kabuki: The Alchemy #7 is solicited for an August 16 release. I've had loads of thoughts brewing in regards to what might happen. Here is the solicitation and promotional artwork:

The long-awaited return of Akemi. Kabuki’s new role in Akemi’s plan is revealed with a twist involving the return of a mysterious character. It’s a new start for Kabuki and the perfect jumping-on issue for new readers! You’ve heard about all the awards. You’ve heard everyone talking about why Kabuki is so amazing and mind-blowing. Now is the chance to see what all the talk is about!

http://davidmackguide.com/portfolio/kabuki/vol07/images/07-promo.jpg

My predictions:

The long-awaited return of Akemi.
From the last page of Alchemy #6, I get the feeling that the idea of an Akemi Network will officially be revealed. Possible "Akemis" could include:
- David Mack, from the plane scene.
- Tigerlilly. I think she was the one with David on the plane, because David said she was a comic book artist, and in Masks of the Noh, Tigerlilly says just that to Scarab while they're in her apartment. Also, with Akemi taking Scarab's identity, its obvious that Tigerlilly would find out, seeing as they have an extra-curricular friendship.
- It could also be both of them.

Kabuki’s new role in Akemi’s plan is revealed with a twist involving the return of a mysterious character.
I get an instinctive feeling that Dove could be returning. In Masks of the Noh he was described as having gone missing, and I could see him having a significant role in Akemi's plan. I could be wrong though.

What are YOUR predictions for the upcoming issue of Kabuki: The Alchemy?

antithesis
07-30-2006, 09:20 AM
I've had very few predictions of my own, only because the books haven't been very predictable.

I have been thinking since I read the issue with David Mack on the plane that Tigerlily was the woman comic book artist. I'm not sure if this means we'll be seeing more of her in Kabuki, or if its just a setup for Tigerlily's Kabuki Agents series. If I do recall correctly, David mentioned that would be the next Agents book.

Any way this plays out, I think I'm going to enjoy it. The covers are beautiful. Can't wait to pick them up.

Eric Williams
07-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Any way this plays out, I think I'm going to enjoy it.
Oh, likewise.
Heck, I'd be happy if it turned out that Akemi was working with the Noh.

jason hissong
07-30-2006, 11:44 AM
That Lee cover looks gorgeous.

Can't wait. I need to sit down and re-read some Kabuki.