PDA

View Full Version : 25th Hour should get way more recognition

Evan the Shaggy
07-26-2006, 08:12 PM
It really is a brilliant movie. Edward Norton's best role in my opinion.

Natty P
07-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Spike Lee makes great films.

Definitely one of my top 5 directors.

JoeE
07-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Probably the only Spike Lee film I like.

niceguyeddie
07-26-2006, 08:27 PM
It really is a brilliant movie. Edward Norton's best role in my opinion.

excuse me... Primal Fear?

Probably the only Spike Lee film I like.
have you seen Inside Man??
damn good flick and Clive Owen once again proves he can kick major ass in a starring role.

also, Malcolm X is fantastic and I thought Clockers was pretty good.

MattJohnson
07-26-2006, 08:31 PM
It's great. I thank Criden for forcing Benioff's other work upon me.

MrClown
07-26-2006, 08:37 PM
25th hour was very very good. Definitely Spike Lee's best, and I am an unapologetic fan. Was it Ed Norton's best? I think it may have been. He was pretty good in Primal Fear, but I found the story pretty lacking--especially the twist at the end.

(akaRyanHoffman)
07-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Keeping The Faith is a movie that deserves more attention than it gets.

Freeway
07-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Keeping The Faith is a movie that deserves more attention than it gets.

Agreed. Completely underrated.

25th Hour is also fucking awesome.

niceguyeddie
07-26-2006, 09:02 PM
25th hour was very very good. Definitely Spike Lee's best, and I am an unapologetic fan. Was it Ed Norton's best? I think it may have been. He was pretty good in Primal Fear, but I found the story pretty lacking--especially the twist at the end.

but are you talking about Norton's performane or the movie?
Norton's perfomance in Primal Fear is damn good.
The story was pretty good, not great, which I agree with.

JoeE
07-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Keeping the Faith was pretty bad, I thought. There may have been a good movie in there, but it was far too long for its plot. It felt to me like the filmmakers though Edward Norton as a priest and Ben Stiller as a rabbi were such good ideas that they didn't need to follow through with a particularly good script.

JLTorres
07-26-2006, 09:22 PM
I hate Spike Lee's endings. It seems liuke he shits on his best movies at the end. Otherwise, i loved it.

Great film with amazing dialogue.

Natty P
07-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Keeping the Faith was pretty bad, I thought. There may have been a good movie in there, but it was far too long for its plot. It felt to me like the filmmakers though Edward Norton as a priest and Ben Stiller as a rabbi were such good ideas that they didn't need to follow through with a particularly good script.

Yeah, that film looked pretty good but wasn't anything special.

gwyllgi
07-26-2006, 09:24 PM
This was a REALLY good movie.
I saw it a few months back with my boyfriend. I was impressed. Norton's a great actor.

niceguyeddie
07-26-2006, 09:28 PM
what? no one remembers Clockers??
that was a sweet flick.

Ozzdo
07-26-2006, 09:33 PM
I give a load of credit to Spike Lee. The only films I've seen that accurately capture what life is like in post-9/11 New York are The 25th Hour and Inside Man, both his films. Also, I can't help but give him credit for his movies that I didn't like. Even when he doesn't hit the mark, I think his movies are still interesting to watch. I don't think Bamboozled or Girl 6 were great movies, but they're still very interesting experiments.

Natty P
07-26-2006, 09:39 PM
I give a load of credit to Spike Lee. The only films I've seen that accurately capture what life is like in post-9/11 New York are The 25th Hour and Inside Man, both his films. Also, I can't help but give him credit for his movies that I didn't like. Even when he doesn't hit the mark, I think his movies are still interesting to watch. I don't think Bamboozled or Girl 6 were great movies, but they're still very interesting experiments.

Word, even though I love Bamboozled.

Icaruss
07-26-2006, 09:44 PM
This is one of my favourite movies. Really. Like Top 5 favourite. It's great. Edward Norton's the best actor of his generation, methinks.

MrClown
07-26-2006, 09:52 PM
but are you talking about Norton's performane or the movie?
Norton's perfomance in Primal Fear is damn good.
The story was pretty good, not great, which I agree with.

I'm definitely talking about Norton's performance. His performance in Primal Fear was pretty good, but the movie as a whole was pretty lame, mostly because of the plot.

BWC Boston
07-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Word, even though I love Bamboozled.
I feel like BAMBOOZLED was a great movie made merely good by Damon Wayans' distractingly arch performance. He was the lead, and I think he totally derailed the movie with his hammy shenanigans.

chris page
07-26-2006, 10:55 PM
yeah, i'd put 25th hour, bamboozled and malcolm x pretty high on my fave movies list. and norton knocked this role out of the park. i think the only movie i've seen him in where i didn't like the acting was keeping the faith.

hell, i even liked death to smoochy.

MrClown
07-26-2006, 10:57 PM
I feel like BAMBOOZLED was a great movie made merely good by Damon Wayans' distractingly arch performance. He was the lead, and I think he totally derailed the movie with his hammy shenanigans.

I bought Damon Wayans one hundred percent in Bamboozled. He acted exactly like my brother-in-law.

BWC Boston
07-27-2006, 11:11 PM
I bought Damon Wayans one hundred percent in Bamboozled. He acted exactly like my brother-in-law.
Maybe it was the over-enounciation, but I was completely distracted by his performance.

And my step-dad is the whitest black man you'll ever meet. I've never seen anyone (black or white) affect that bizarre accent Wayans did. It was a great, thought-provoking movie totally let down by its lead performer.

TonyFleecs
07-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I hate Spike Lee's endings. It seems liuke he shits on his best movies at the end. Otherwise, i loved it.

Great film with amazing dialogue.
Not Do The Right Thing.

That ending is right on the money.

So, She Hate Me.... Anybody else see it? And Anybody else really self conscious about the size of thier load since seeing it?