PDA

View Full Version : Ed Wood Movies

FLIP ROCK
07-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Okay, so I recently watched "Ed Wood" again, which led me to put "Glen or Glenda" and "Plan 9 from Outer Space" on my Netflix cue.

Just watched "Glen or Glenda" and I must say Burton and co. were not exaggerating. This movie is mind-blowingly horrible. About 70% of it is stock footage of shit like buffalo stampeding intercut with Bela Lugosi rambling incoherent dialogue. The part from "Ed Wood" when he's screaming, "Pull the string! Pull the string!" is actually in there. Sweet Moses, I could not stop laughing. And I thought Chris Columbus was a horrible director.

Next up is "Plan 9." Man, I really hope those paper plate flying saucers are really in it.

Gregory
07-20-2006, 04:57 PM
I liked Bride of the Monster, myself.

FredC
07-20-2006, 04:59 PM
I liked Bride of the Monster and Sinister Urge, ala MST3K

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
07-20-2006, 04:59 PM
He loved film, though. He wasn't in it for the money. For that, I can forgivehim any horrendous piece of shit.

FLIP ROCK
07-20-2006, 05:05 PM
He loved film, though. He wasn't in it for the money. For that, I can forgivehim any horrendous piece of shit.
Oh, don't get me wrong, it was extremely entertaining. I got a headache from laughing so much. Gotta love a guy who sticks to his vision.

I'll put "Bride of the Monster" on next.

xyzzy
07-20-2006, 05:06 PM
He wanted to make movies and he went out and did it. You gotta give him that. It's more than most of us will do.

alexlannin
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I've got to say, I'd rather watch a shitty movie that cost nothing and has ridiculous camp value than a shitty movie that cost millions.

el_abuelo
07-20-2006, 06:27 PM
i did the same thing after watching ed wood. i tracked down bride of the monster and plan 9 and watched one after the other. they are great movies to watch with your friends and make fun of.

FredC
07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
I've got to say, I'd rather watch a shitty movie that cost nothing and has ridiculous camp value than a shitty movie that cost millions.

Oh yeah, definitely.