PDA

View Full Version : It's official. I'm walking bad luck.

Angel of Distraction
07-18-2006, 03:38 PM
I could list half a dozen examples of inexplicable things going wrong each and every day. But most of those things aren't directly related to this new thing.

Last year, a certain company was interested in seeing more of one my projects.

This year, that company is no longer looking for writers. For no apparent reason.

(If you know what company I'm speaking of, please keep it to yourself)

Anyway, I just can't get a fucking break. Or perhaps a break is just what I need; break something to try and get some attention for mys tuff. Like someone's arm. Some days I just don't know what the fuck to do.

I might go cry now.:cry:

JoeE
07-18-2006, 03:40 PM
How 'bout them Cardinals? :D

Just kidding. Hope better luck finds its way towards you.

Angel of Distraction
07-18-2006, 03:41 PM
How 'bout them Cardinals? :D

You're on the list.

Foolish Mortal
07-18-2006, 03:43 PM
I could list half a dozen examples of inexplicable things going wrong each and every day. But most of those things aren't directly related to this new thing.

Last year, a certain company was interested in seeing more of one my projects.

This year, that company is no longer looking for writers. For no apparent reason.

(If you know what company I'm speaking of, please keep it to yourself)

Anyway, I just can't get a fucking break. Or perhaps a break is just what I need; break something to try and get some attention for mys tuff. Like someone's arm. Some days I just don't know what the fuck to do.

I might go cry now.:cry:
Well I don't know what company this is, but if they just out of the blue decide not to hire on more writers for no apparent reason, I don't think that's a good sign for the company.

But if you feel like a cry, then do it. You'll probably feel better afterwards. And don't give up. :)

Angel of Distraction
07-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Well I don't know what company this is, but if they just out of the blue decide not to hire on more writers for no apparent reason, I don't think that's a good sign for the company.

But if you feel like a cry, then do it. You'll probably feel better afterwards. And don't give up. :)

It's not a company that's in terminal trouble. It really is unexplainable, at least by me.

FLIP ROCK
07-18-2006, 04:02 PM
I could list half a dozen examples of inexplicable things going wrong each and every day.

I'd like to see this list! More sufficient evidence is needed!

Angel of Distraction
07-18-2006, 04:08 PM
I'd like to see this list! More sufficient evidence is needed!

Today:

Got stuck walking in the yummy 90 degree heat (about 97 with humidity). Damn near had to walk five miles but amazingly got bailed out.

Lost a new state quarter I was trying to add to my collection in a trash can. Dug out the trash can to get it out.

Almost went batshit on other employees because they keep cheating the system.

Had to put off an attempt at a job after I went to much trouble to prepare for it.

And the topic of this thread.

I need one more. It's only 7:07. Have patience.

FLIP ROCK
07-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Hmm, not to belittle your struggles, but they don't sound too bad. I mean, at least you found the quarter after looking for it, right? Really shit luck would be losing it for good.

Anyway, when I have a run of bad luck, I usually just watch the evening news. It reminds me all too quickly that I could've been THAT guy. Hang in there, dude.

Ray G.
07-18-2006, 04:27 PM
:heart: Sorry, man. It happens to the best of us.

Angel of Distraction
07-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Hmm, not to belittle your struggles, but they don't sound too bad. I mean, at least you found the quarter after looking for it, right? Really shit luck would be losing it for good.

Anyway, when I have a run of bad luck, I usually just watch the evening news. It reminds me all too quickly that I could've been THAT guy. Hang in there, dude.

It's more the odd way a string of little things can build up and blow the stress through the roof.

Artie Pink
07-18-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry, man.

Soon we will be in Chicago and surrounded by comics. We'll go hassle Lou Ferrigno and refuse to pay for his autograph. You'll feel better.

Angel of Distraction
07-18-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm sorry, man.

Soon we will be in Chicago and surrounded by comics. We'll go hassle Lou Ferrigno and refuse to pay for his autograph. You'll feel better.

I see nothing alcoholic in that sentence.

Queen of the Ban Age
07-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Have you recently used the following numbers in an attempt to win the lottery?

4 8 15 16 23 42

bartleby
07-18-2006, 05:19 PM

I'm starting to wonder if the only reason that comic convention organizers book Lou Ferrigno is to give visitors somebody to heckle. He might as well be part of a traveling carnival freak show.

Angel of Distraction
07-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Have you recently used the following numbers in an attempt to win the lottery?

4 8 15 16 23 42

I'm not sure. Is yes or no the right answer?

Queen of the Ban Age
07-18-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure. Is yes or no the right answer?

Yes.

And don't forget to push "Execute."

Angel of Distraction
07-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Yes.

I don't know what's going on. ANd I wish I had the picture of the bunny with the pancake on it's head.

Adam Witt
07-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Yes.

So what happens when you don't push the button is

Auron's luck crashing?!

OMG!!!

Brandon Reynolds
07-18-2006, 05:33 PM
I don't know what's going on. ANd I wish I had the picture of the bunny with the pancake on it's head.

Not much of a Lost fan?

Brandon Reynolds
07-18-2006, 05:34 PM
http://daghlian.net/archives/images/BunnyPancakeSmlr.jpg

Queen of the Ban Age
07-18-2006, 05:46 PM
So what happens when you don't push the button is

Auron's luck crashing?!

OMG!!!

Well, I guess he can thank Locke. LOCKE WAS WRONG!

Angel of Distraction
07-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Not much of a Lost fan?

Nope. Not much TV for me.

The bunny!

Queen of the Ban Age
07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Nope. Not much TV for me.

The bunny!

I was like that too until I watched both seasons in like three weeks.

MattJohnson
07-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Well, I guess he can thank Locke. LOCKE WAS WRONG!

Hey, Don't Ever Tell John Locke What He Can't Do (http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=33:6y0qoawaei6b)!