PDA

View Full Version : need a second opinion on hooking up my cd/ dvd burner

wholaughslast
07-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Got a new MOBO and all that jazz. Plugged in my cd / dvd burner and it worked fine. Then all of a suddenly, it stopped working. Went to DeviceManager and uninstalled and reinstalled and it gives me this error,

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

So, went out and purchased a cheap replacement thinking it was bad. Replaced it and im getting the same error again. I hate to say it, but im not sure what the problem is. It is recognizing in Bios but the shit just aint working. Bad IDE you think?

DrMachine
07-18-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm thinking it's a software error with windows, but more likely a problem with the mobo

EDIT - try replacing the cable just to be sure

wholaughslast
07-18-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking it's a software error with windows, but more likely a problem with the mobo

EDIT - try replacing the cable just to be sure
software with 2 different burners? i mean it worked when i first replaced the motherboard and then it just stopped.

pretty pissed if its the motherboard and im pretty fucked

Smokinblues
07-18-2006, 02:20 PM
sounds like your registry may have been corrupted by the dvd drivers. you might need to reinstall windows, or go back to a restore point.

Wastrel
07-18-2006, 02:21 PM
sounds like your registry may have been corrupted by the dvd drivers. you might need to reinstall windows, or go back to a restore point.
or stick your os installer disc in and try a repair.

DrMachine
07-18-2006, 02:22 PM

Do this definitely

I always forget about the restore points

wholaughslast
07-18-2006, 02:22 PM
the thing that sucks is that i just reformatted my HD's too. wish i could burn all the shit i need onto a cd and reimage but i dont have a bloody burner

im also using a cracked version on XP called Nemesis.....

Ben
07-18-2006, 02:31 PM
im also using a cracked version on XP called Nemesis.....Anyone who helps you from now on is a criminal!

Smokinblues
07-18-2006, 02:36 PM
the thing that sucks is that i just reformatted my HD's too. wish i could burn all the shit i need onto a cd and reimage but i dont have a bloody burner

im also using a cracked version on XP called Nemesis.....

so what you want to do is go download something from microsoft called genuine advantage. this will do a quick repair of your registry.

DrMachine
07-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Anyone who helps you from now on is a criminal!
did he actually write that?

Ben
07-18-2006, 02:48 PM
did he actually write that?What do you mean? The part I quoted is still in his post.