PDA

View Full Version : MST3K DVDs

Ambrose Chase
07-16-2006, 11:58 AM
I think there 9 volumes out now, and Im trying to get my roommates to watch them. Are there any episodes that stand out to you guys as more hilarious than others?

I remember laughing my ass off when I was younger at almost every episode, but it's been so long.......you guys have a favorite volume?

kubiak
07-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Manos is probably my favorite, but I don't think thee's a bad one in the bunch. I prefer the Dr. Forester and TV's Frank episodes though.

Charles Chuck
07-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Manos is probably my favorite, but I don't think thee's a bad one in the bunch. I prefer the Dr. Forester and TV's Frank episodes though.

No!! Don't start new people with Manos. It's too much. I suggest Crazy Teenagers From Outer Space or Mitchell.

TheKraken
07-16-2006, 12:09 PM
No!! Don't start new people with Manos. It's too much. I suggest Crazy Teenagers From Outer Space or Mitchell.

Mitchell may be the best episode ever...

kubiak
07-16-2006, 12:16 PM
You may be right, Mitchell is a great one. The only problem may be that it's the Joel/Mike transition episode. That may not be a bad thnig though.

CapnChaos
07-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Pod People... Cave Dwellers... Time Chasers... or Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. That would be my starter set.

If you can get it, the movie is a great primer, even if I do like Joel better.

DaveCummings
07-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Pod People... Cave Dwellers... Time Chasers... or Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. That would be my starter set.

That's my favorite box set, but I like Mike Nelson more.

~Dave

RickLM
07-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Start them off with an episode that's preceded by a short film. They were at their funniest when they riffed on old educational films. One of them is from the University of Iowa's Home Ec department, trying to recruit 1950s high school girls. Unbelievably good.

I like The Day the Earth Froze (an old film from Finland or Sweden). I think its from season 4 or 5.

TheKraken
07-16-2006, 01:13 PM

I love Time Chasers... I only saw it last year for the first time. "We could send Bob Saget to meet Charlemagne!"

Sy-Klone
07-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Time Chasers is an excellent introduction to the series. I find it to be one of my favorite episodes of the entire run. Pod People is also an excellent choice. Idiot control now! :)

lukeathomas
07-16-2006, 01:33 PM
pod people or hobgoblins....

BC at large!
07-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Pod People or Godzilla VS Megalon when it comes out!

Both showcase the musical aspect of the show brilliantly!

Albert
07-16-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm a Wild Rebels guy, but definitely the shorts are great, too.

WillieLee
07-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I like Volume 1 because of the two short videos "Uncle Jim's Dairy Farm" and "Why Study Industrial Arts?".

CapnChaos
07-16-2006, 04:13 PM
I like Volume 1 because of the two short videos "Uncle Jim's Dairy Farm" and "Why Study Industrial Arts?".
Oh shit... that's a great idea!

The best way to start someone on MST3K is with one of the shorts collections. I personally recommend Mr. B's Lost Shorts from volume six. It has two of my all-time favorites; Mr. B. Natural and Johnny's Day at the Fair. "I'm so mixed-up inside! I wish an androgenous man-woman would come visit me!"

Gavin
07-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Volume 2 is the best because it has Shorts v.1. I love that entire DVD.