PDA

View Full Version : What they SHOULD have done with the JLA

Dr. Omega
07-12-2006, 12:51 AM
The JLA is best when it is the big 7 (or more) but I think DC missed a golden opportunity to try something new and inject new blood into the league.

At least during the missing year, they should have had a JLA with the following:

Dick/Nightwing
Donna/Wonder Woman
Conner/Superboy (obviously, they shouldn't have killed him) or Kara/Supergirl, or heck, even Billy/Cpt. Marvel
Kendra/Hawkgirl
Wally/Flash
Conner/GA
Kyle/GL
Natasha/Steel

This keeps a big 7 presense, but also has the former sidekicks growing up and taking responsability. It would have shown growth, a fresh, bold idea for DC and would have appealed to a younger demographic. It would be more like the original League when they started; younger, earlier in their careers.

*shrug*

I dunno. It's just a thought that occurred to me tonight...

Dr. Ω

Caley Tibbittz
07-12-2006, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't have bought it. But I don't buy the regular JLA since Austen's arc ended.

bairdduvessa
07-12-2006, 04:21 AM
I wouldn't have bought it. But I don't buy the regular JLA since Austen's arc ended.
dude i WILL give you the trade of Pain of the Gods if you ask nicely (and I remember to check back here), just for that comment!

Ray G.
07-12-2006, 05:04 AM
That would have been great. I love all the characters.

PoWerSurge
07-12-2006, 05:22 AM
I like how DC is handling it

I like that one of the points of OYL is that there wasn't a Justice League because there was no one to organize it. It's what the world is like without it. It's up to the groups like Titans, JSA, and Outsiders, plus all the individual heroes to figure out how to deal.