PDA

View Full Version : Daria

Philip J Eaves
06-27-2006, 08:09 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118298/

Does anyone remember this show?
For some reason, it just popped into my head yesterday. I remember really liking it back in the day. It was witty.
I wonder if it's coming out on DVD.

Anyway, Daria. Discuss.

Generic Poster
06-27-2006, 08:30 AM
It used to be on Noggin constantly. Not sure if it still is. I always enjoyed it.

sleep
06-27-2006, 08:54 AM
I enjoyed it. I'd love to buy season sets on DVD.

Bart A Thompson
06-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Another great show MTV refuses to put on DVD. *shakes fist at MTV*

EasyE726
06-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Diherria cha cha cha.

andrew french
06-27-2006, 10:51 AM
that was one of my favorite childhood shows.

i want it on dvd.

Bill Nolan
06-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Maybe Mike Judge wants to edit the hell out of the episodes before he releases personally-approved DVDs...

[I know he had little, if anything, to do with the show; I'm just still bitter about the crap Beavis & Butt-Head DVDs he's peddling on us...!]

- Bill

moonspider
06-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Another great show MTV refuses to put on DVD. *shakes fist at MTV*

*shakes with you*

The Roman Candle
06-27-2006, 11:05 AM
It was great, and it still is. The re-runs I've seen on The N are every bit as genius as I remember them being.

Generic Poster
06-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Maybe Mike Judge wants to edit the hell out of the episodes before he releases personally-approved DVDs...

[I know he had little, if anything, to do with the show; I'm just still bitter about the crap Beavis & Butt-Head DVDs he's peddling on us...!]

- Bill

I think the crap Beavis & Butthead DVDs have to do with nightmarish music liscensing issues, not with Mike Judge. But I may be wrong.

Donal DeLay
06-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Man, "Daria" was my nickname all through out middle school. Good times.

-Kimberly

Bill Nolan
06-27-2006, 11:33 AM
I think the crap Beavis & Butthead DVDs have to do with nightmarish music liscensing issues, not with Mike Judge. But I may be wrong.

I don't care about the videos being included. Those weren't included in the old VHS tapes, either. I care that there are numerous instances of dropped or altered dialogue from the regular parts of the episodes on the DVDs. :-x

- Bill

Donal DeLay
06-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Of course, looking back on that, it was probably not meant as a compliment ...:mistrust:

-Kimberly

RedStarZero
06-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Man, "Daria" was my nickname all through out middle school. Good times.

-Kimberly

Haha, me too!

*High five*

I think it was because I have brown hair, glasses, and spoke in a somewhat monotone voice.

Generic Poster
06-27-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't care about the videos being included. Those weren't included in the old VHS tapes, either. I care that there are numerous instances of dropped or altered dialogue from the regular parts of the episodes on the DVDs. :-x

- Bill

Really? I did not know that. Judge is pulling a Lucas?

Bill Nolan
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Really? I did not know that. Judge is pulling a Lucas?

Basically. There's some info here, but not exact details on what is missing:

wiki article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beavis_and_Butt-Head:_The_Mike_Judge_Collection#Beavis_and_Butt-head.27s_Return_to_DVD)

It's little bits, here and there...

- Bill

YouStayClassy
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
LOVE this show. Remeber how the credits used to show the characters dressed up in all these different costumes? Well, one day I am getting the image of Sandy dressed up as a French chambermaid tattooed on my arm.

The-Last-Man
06-27-2006, 01:06 PM
I never liked it.

Blane
06-27-2006, 01:28 PM
It's one of my favorite shows of all time. I miss it. They still run it on Noggin late at night. I should really invest in Tivo, but they show a lot of the same episodes over and over.

I love the voice acting in it. Just a ton of fun.

VKValentine
06-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Loved it. Very dry, cynical humor. Just my thing. Great characters, etc. Another Show MTV would make a mint on in DVD sales. Any Music right issues can be dealt with easily, I.E. get someone to do a bunch of original music. durrrr.

YouStayClassy
06-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Loved it. Very dry, cynical humor. Just my thing. Great characters, etc. Another Show MTV would make a mint on in DVD sales. Any Music right issues can be dealt with easily, I.E. get someone to do a bunch of original music. durrrr.

I'm torn about that.... on one hand it would hurt so many moments in the show that relied upon the music cues, on the other hand some of those songs would REALLY REALLY date the show....

Boris the Blade
06-27-2006, 03:22 PM
As it gets into the later seasons it goes from good to flat out brilliant.

Slamevil
06-27-2006, 03:33 PM
They did a marthon on the N a few years back, so I've got a few VHS tapes filled with Daria episodes somewhere. I would totally buy it on DVD if they release it. I think they just released the two Daria made for tv movies on DVD, Is it School Yet? and Is it Summer Yet?

YouStayClassy
06-27-2006, 03:34 PM
They did a marthon on the N a few years back, so I've got a few VHS tapes filled with Daria episodes somewhere. I would totally buy it on DVD if they release it. I think they just released the two Daria made for tv movies on DVD, Is it School Yet? and Is it Summer Yet?

And they're still expensive as hell for such a short movie and little other content...:mad:

Damn MTV.

james michael
06-27-2006, 03:35 PM
its a sick sad world

Ethan Van Sciver
07-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I hated that show. DARIA was a grouchy bitch, and she wasn't funny, just antisocial.

YouStayClassy
07-27-2006, 11:41 AM
I hated that show. DARIA was a grouchy bitch, and she wasn't funny, just antisocial.

Her dad was the star of the show, IMO. Especially in the musical episode.