PDA

View Full Version : Should I get Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series?

Evan Wiener
03-21-2005, 06:22 AM
I didn't see much of it, for some reason. I must have had all kinds of other stuff going on to not have watched the first series religiously.

Was it good? I'm a fan of Samuari Jack, so I think I'd love it. Wonder if I should get the DVD set.

I remember Cartoon Network having them on their web site. Is it still available, and should I just watch it for free there?

Supajoe
03-21-2005, 06:23 AM
yes.

anThONY_s
03-21-2005, 06:24 AM
This is almost like saying "Hello nerds. Should I nerd?"

And yes. Yes you should.

Tony

AAlgar
03-21-2005, 06:26 AM
I loved it. But then, I love most things Star Wars, which is not the most popular opinion around here... so maybe you should take someone else's word for it. :P

I will say that it's much easier to view these in one sitting, rather than in 3 minute chunks.

Wagon
03-21-2005, 06:27 AM
I loved it... I thought it was as good or better than the prequels so far... and really, the fight between Anakin and the potential Sith warrior is just awesome... that and being able to see some of the Jedis kick some ass on their own (Like Mace Windu taking on a legion of droids by himself) makes it worth watching, in my opinion...

TIP
03-21-2005, 06:27 AM
I loved it. But then, I love most things Star Wars, which is not the most popular opinion around here... so maybe you should take someone else's word for it. :P

I will say that it's much easier to view these in one sitting, rather than in 3 minute chunks.

I'm totally picking it up as I've never seen 'em.

T
(To nerd or not to nerd...)

Brewtown Andy
03-21-2005, 06:30 AM
New series starts today at 7pm Eastern on Cartoon Network.

And I've never seen it, but I've got it coming in ASAP from Netflix.

Wagon
03-21-2005, 06:30 AM
ooh yeah, I almost forgot about the new series...

JABSEN
03-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Not a queation.Get it.

The Arc trooper eps alone are worth it.

Its 13 bucks at Best Buy

Opus Croakus
03-21-2005, 06:32 AM
I actually like the Clone Wars cartoons a lot more than Episode II.

Bandit Chimera
03-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Is this out now? Crap i gtg buy it like now if it is.

Oh and yes its well worth it. I was sad when it was first on because it was only 5 min a day but when they put the whole series together on tv it was really good.

So yeah buy it

Evan Wiener
03-21-2005, 06:46 AM
How long is it? Doesn't $13 seem a lot for what, a bunch of 3 minute episodes?

Is it in a faux widescreen format, or full screen?

Wagon
03-21-2005, 06:48 AM
I don't know about the format, but it ends up being a little over an hour long...

AAlgar
03-21-2005, 06:52 AM

Is it in a faux widescreen format, or full screen?

When you watch them all together, the short episodes play like scenes and the whole thing plays like one big movie.

JABSEN
03-21-2005, 06:53 AM

Is it in a faux widescreen format, or full screen?They varied in lenght.But it comes out to about the lenght of a short animated feature.

RegularJoe
03-21-2005, 07:00 AM

i only saw one or two on cartoon network. enough to know that i want the whole fling-flanging thing. once i knew that, i decided to wait for the trade...er, the dvd

Bandit Chimera
03-21-2005, 07:13 AM
If you don't believe these reviews try this one from Amazon.com:

5 out of 5 stars Excellent episode 2.5!!, March 20, 2005

"Reviewer: Adam Kingrey "Adamwankenobi" (Glasgow, KY USA) - See all my reviews
After watching these short cartoons on the Cartoon Network, I must say that they make every fan happy, well, those of us at least who have been wanting to see the clone wars since 1977! The bad thing is, though, that I, myself would have liked to have seen more of the clone wars in Episode II. Hopefully we'll get some good battles in Episode III. The animation on these cartoons is a little strange. By the way, everybody, my advice is, if you liked this, go onto ebay and buy one of the greatest films ever concieved, THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL. It is an interesting spin-off of star wars that these clone wars cartoon only wish they could" have been!!

I cannot believe he said the christmas special was one of the greatest films ever concieved....wow, just wow.

Brewtown Andy
03-21-2005, 07:26 AM
If you don't believe these reviews try this one from Amazon.com:

5 out of 5 stars Excellent episode 2.5!!, March 20, 2005

"Reviewer: Adam Kingrey "Adamwankenobi" (Glasgow, KY USA) - See all my reviews
After watching these short cartoons on the Cartoon Network, I must say that they make every fan happy, well, those of us at least who have been wanting to see the clone wars since 1977! The bad thing is, though, that I, myself would have liked to have seen more of the clone wars in Episode II. Hopefully we'll get some good battles in Episode III. The animation on these cartoons is a little strange. By the way, everybody, my advice is, if you liked this, go onto ebay and buy one of the greatest films ever concieved, THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL. It is an interesting spin-off of star wars that these clone wars cartoon only wish they could" have been!!

I cannot believe he said the christmas special was one of the greatest films ever concieved....wow, just wow.I love the fact that he loves the christmas special, but thinks the animation is weird.

Nick_Borelli
03-21-2005, 07:46 AM
I love the christmas special....

because it's so bad I get kidney pains.

Patrick J
03-21-2005, 08:10 AM
I downloaded a bunch of the episodes, I liked 'em. I'll probably be buying 'em on DVD.