PDA

View Full Version : Question about CGC

Jason Truong
06-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Does anyone know how much it is to get a modern book graded (and if there's a difference, CGC SS)? And is it extra to have the book sent back to my house, or is that included in the fee?

Thanks

Jason Truong
06-22-2006, 06:33 PM
anyone?

Brad N.
06-22-2006, 06:35 PM
We just went through this last week I think, so that could be it. It works out to $20 a book including shipping and handling to your house. That of course doesn't include your cost of sending it to them.

The Roman Candle
06-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Not much... just your SOUL! :x

Brad N.
06-22-2006, 06:36 PM
wait, what's that about signature series you wanted to know?

Jason Truong
06-22-2006, 06:37 PM
is CGC SS any different in terms of price, or would it just be the same fee for grading?

Brad N.
06-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Signature Series you can only get from them at a con or off their site or Wizard or whatever I believe. If you have something signed by anyone from anywhere else (even Dynamic Forces or similar) they won't guarantee it. They'll give it a green qualified grade and take off a full grade and explain it as something like "writing on cover". I have a Darkness # 1 all black variant edition from Dynamic forces complete with a certificate of authenticity and signed by Garth Ennis, Marc Silvestri, and Batt. It's in easily NM condition and they gave it a green qualified rating at an 8.0. So I learned that lesson fast. Never have anything you have signed CGCd as it will only make it worth less.
Edit: For reason why so low it says "writing on front cover"

Brad N.
06-22-2006, 06:52 PM
is CGC SS any different in terms of price, or would it just be the same fee for grading?

And yes it is different in price. SS they will do at cons (I think) where they have someone signing books then they seal them and you can buy them there. Don't quote me but I think that's the case. Not sure what the price is on that. Otherwise you can order from CGC or Wizard to get SS stuff but that gets spendy fast. I paid $70 off of Wizard's site for the CGC SS of Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk # 1 and it wasn't even the variant. They will rape you hardcore.

Jason Truong
06-22-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm aware that they won't authenticate the signature that's already on the book, but getting a book signed at a signing were a CGC rep will be there. I'm just wondering if it'll cost more for them to witness the signing and for them to grade a witnessed book.

dEnny!
06-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Signature Series you can only get from them at a con or off their site or Wizard or whatever I believe. If you have something signed by anyone from anywhere else (even Dynamic Forces or similar) they won't guarantee it. They'll give it a green qualified grade and take off a full grade and explain it as something like "writing on cover". I have a Darkness # 1 all black variant edition from Dynamic forces complete with a certificate of authenticity and signed by Garth Ennis, Marc Silvestri, and Batt. It's in easily NM condition and they gave it a green qualified rating at an 8.0. So I learned that lesson fast. Never have anything you have signed CGCd as it will only make it worth less.
Edit: For reason why so low it says "writing on front cover"

Hmmm...CGC will only hook up Wizard/con autographed comics and nothing by a Wizard competitor like Dynamic Forces (competitor in the sense they both sell comic merchandise)? INTERESTING or completely shady...you make the call.

Doesn't Wizard own or in business with CGC?