PDA

View Full Version : A documentary crew has been shooting at my home for the last 3 days for a DVD

MACK!
06-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Check out the thread here:

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=73537&highlight=kabuki

AvidFan
06-24-2006, 08:44 AM
dont mean to be rude an ignorant but what dvd is this for?
similar to the dd thing or your own dvd or something for the bendis?

too much footie ya see?
AvidFan

Bandit Chimera
06-24-2006, 09:02 AM
very cool man....i dunno if i could have people at my houe filming for three days but man thats cool and now i wanna check it out. congrats :)

Trent Affair
06-26-2006, 03:13 PM
A real estate crew has been poking around mine, in fact they're here just this minute. My beautiful apartment is being sold so I could be getting the bootskie, it's up to the discretion of whichever landed gentryman acquires this "hot buy." This happens frequently, yes, there's a madness in Honolulu for it.

My question is, did you let the crew go into the basement? Most basements are ports to the past but yours I think is a port to the future. Only it's camouflaged with broken furniture, miscellaneous machine parts, critters, cobwebs, and possibly one lonely fruit-cellar-dweller who's a touch mad.

MACK!
06-26-2006, 04:42 PM
A real estate crew has been poking around mine, in fact they're here just this minute. My beautiful apartment is being sold so I could be getting the bootskie, it's up to the discretion of whichever landed gentryman acquires this "hot buy." This happens frequently, yes, there's a madness in Honolulu for it.

My question is, did you let the crew go into the basement? Most basements are ports to the past but yours I think is a port to the future. Only it's camouflaged with broken furniture, miscellaneous machine parts, critters, cobwebs, and possibly one lonely fruit-cellar-dweller who's a touch mad.

I did not let them in the basement :)
But I did bring a few sculptures and arts from the basement up to them to film.

But, filming the basement would make it an entirely different kind of film.
Not that it would have been bad, but...
Prosthetic legs, animal bones,... a lot of other things that end up in my work but are housed in the basement...

Hey DS!
I'm been meaning to e-mail you back.
Thanks for the e-mail update. I'm glad you are doing well.
I've been pretty hard at work.

Have you heard from ANdy Lee lately?

gwyllgi
06-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Mr. Mack's got a skeery basement. O.o

Trent Affair
06-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I did not let them in the basement :)
But I did bring a few sculptures and arts from the basement up to them to film.

But, filming the basement would make it an entirely different kind of film.
Not that it would have been bad, but...
Prosthetic legs, animal bones,... a lot of other things that end up in my work but are housed in the basement...

Hey DS!
I'm been meaning to e-mail you back.
Thanks for the e-mail update. I'm glad you are doing well.
I've been pretty hard at work.

Have you heard from ANdy Lee lately?

Yeah, he sounds really happy and he's doing well it seems. He's a talented font of goofy cool and one of a kind. I wonder if the filmmakers took shots of your neighborhood, that's essential. Did you see any dailies and how would you describe its look on screen? I would also have got footage of the cats. Finally, I would have asked questions about when you hunt, do you eat what you kill or do you merely wander about in camo and try to kick shit in the head? Good luck on the rest of Alchemy and the new Marvel projects. You are a nut. I'll wave to you with a little wavy thing :grope:

Jurls
07-01-2006, 05:22 AM
Hello all, I'm Greg Jurls, the producer/director of "The Alchemy of Art". The footage looks great and should make a cool DVD. David was very open and enthusiastic - I know we wore him out! The stuff David did bring up from the basement was pretty amazing...

davidmackguide.com
07-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Hello all, I'm Greg Jurls, the producer/director of "The Alchemy of Art". The footage looks great and should make a cool DVD. David was very open and enthusiastic - I know we wore him out! The stuff David did bring up from the basement was pretty amazing...
Welcome to the board :)

Best,
David Thornton >> http://davidmackguide.com

Jurls
07-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks, David! Your site was a big help in prepping for the shoot and will remain a help all the way to the end.

magz
07-01-2006, 07:44 PM
david mack, the man, the myth, the "movie star"....

MACK!
08-14-2006, 08:43 AM

Great to have you here Greg.

Greg has confirmed for me that the DVD will be offered in the PREVIEWS catalogue for items shipping in December.
In the Video/DVD section of the catalogue.

saymama
08-14-2006, 06:49 PM
i don't know why there are 2 different threads, but here's my reply to the other one

you really are bound to make me cry aren't you?

WELL, I finally read THE book. I'm glad that I put some years behind me before reading it. Jeffery knew that I couldn't handle it and never pushed the issue. Instead of falling into a pile of mush on the floor, I actually felt proud! I mean, he used what means he could to relay what he needed said. My Will does the same thing. When he's done, he comes and pulls me toward the tape so that he can hang his masterpeice. So, i had those little pangs in my heart while reading it, but I walked away from it with the biggest smile on my face. I wanted to hold the boy in the story and just let him know that he did a good job. Despite his hardship, he overcame and used what he needed to be heard. and the drawings all over the floor. you must have been to my house. it's quite remarkable how well i know that scene.

David, you already know this, but I adore you. You have the kindest heart of anyone i know. Thanks for being wonderful enough to tell the story through more than Bendis' words. Just as with the boys, it's the little side details that I must read to understand the whole picture.

MACK!
08-15-2006, 12:51 AM
i don't know why there are 2 different threads, but here's my reply to the other one

you really are bound to make me cry aren't you?

WELL, I finally read THE book. I'm glad that I put some years behind me before reading it. Jeffery knew that I couldn't handle it and never pushed the issue. Instead of falling into a pile of mush on the floor, I actually felt proud! I mean, he used what means he could to relay what he needed said. My Will does the same thing. When he's done, he comes and pulls me toward the tape so that he can hang his masterpeice. So, i had those little pangs in my heart while reading it, but I walked away from it with the biggest smile on my face. I wanted to hold the boy in the story and just let him know that he did a good job. Despite his hardship, he overcame and used what he needed to be heard. and the drawings all over the floor. you must have been to my house. it's quite remarkable how well i know that scene.

David, you already know this, but I adore you. You have the kindest heart of anyone i know. Thanks for being wonderful enough to tell the story through more than Bendis' words. Just as with the boys, it's the little side details that I must read to understand the whole picture.

Thank you!
I'll probably put part of that in the letters collumn of Kabuki #8.
And you know you are on the DVD, right?
The interviewed you about that story in Dallas and you will be in the film.
Thanks for telling me your story!

saymama
08-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Thank you!
I'll probably put part of that in the letters collumn of Kabuki #8.
And you know you are on the DVD, right?
The interviewed you about that story in Dallas and you will be in the film.
Thanks for telling me your story!

by all means, print it! You said i would be, but I didn't think it would make it. I'm just sorry that I hadn't read it yet. and that I almost cried.

Jurls
08-22-2006, 03:17 PM
The teaser trailer is up at our website - www.herovideoproductions.com

We'll be putting up more footage in the weeks to come.

Greg

saymama
08-23-2006, 06:09 PM
yeah i'm so excited!! can't wait to get my hands on it!