PDA

View Full Version : So is Joss Whedon a Super Nerd?

Scotty
06-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I think he's like King of the Nerds and the only reason why I say this is I finally after I guess four years of missing it watched the Singing and dancing episode of Buffy 'Once More with Feeling' and thought it was funny and clever, so I decided to watch it with the commentary to see what intresting and clever things Joss had to say about the episode. After listening him talk for fifteen minutes all I could think of is. Nerd...what a complete and total Nerd. He needs a crown. He needs to be the uber-Nerd, nay the Super Nerd.

What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I have these thoughts? I feel so unclean.

RODGER
06-16-2006, 01:22 PM
he is a super nerd and i love him for it.

:)

Taki Soma
06-16-2006, 01:23 PM
are you saying being a nerd is a bad thing or a good thing?

The Roman Candle
06-16-2006, 01:23 PM
He is really, really fucking nerdy. Last year at the Serenity panel he showed me that I am not nearly as nerdy as I thought I was, when compared to him.

He is the nerd to which we all aspire to one day be.

The Roman Candle
06-16-2006, 01:25 PM

I guess I've been imbedded in nerd culture for too long, 'cause it didn't even occur to me that someone would still use nerd in a negative way.

ClintP
06-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, seeing how he is a nerd for posting on a comic creator's board about another creater being a nerd, I would say he is pro-nerd and that Joss is our newly elected nerd-king. Damn, I am a nerd then.....

Taki Soma
06-16-2006, 01:26 PM
I guess I've been imbedded in nerd culture for too long, 'cause it didn't even occur to me that someone would still use nerd in a negative way.
I know that's why I was questioning because the tone of the post sounded like it was supposed to be bad.

Scotty
06-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Not not in a bad way just a wow, i didn't know people were like that out of high school sorta of way.

I have to admit my new found Buffy Obsession has let me get a new appreciation for Joss. I'm still not keen on Astonishing X-Men (I know I'm like the only person here who on the fence with it),

I think both Firefly and Serenity were brilliant.

I like him.

ClintP
06-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Not not in a bad way just a wow, i didn't know people were like that out of high school sorta of way.

I have to admit my new found Buffy Obsession has let me get a new appreciation for Joss. I'm still not keen on Astonishing X-Men (I know I'm like the only person here who on the fence with it),

I think both Firefly and Serenity were brilliant.

I like him.
The only part I really liked about Astonishing was when Xavier was confronting the danger room in a freaking semi! That caught me completely by surprise. "You may have fought my x-men, but never me", then he runs her ass over like Maximum Overdrive! That was priceless! Also, big props to firefly and serenity!

Bervda
06-16-2006, 01:30 PM

Ha, me either.

Taki Soma
06-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Joss is the perfect nerd. I love him.

Scotty
06-16-2006, 01:31 PM
I am becoming a fan.

Ryan Elliott
06-16-2006, 01:38 PM
I've heard the word Nerd used in a negative way. But, I live in Memphis, Tennessee...so, yeah.

The Roman Candle
06-16-2006, 01:38 PM
I've heard the word Nerd used in a negative way. But, I live in Memphis, Tennessee...so, yeah.

I haven't since high school.

mike black
06-16-2006, 01:48 PM
He is really, really fucking nerdy. Last year at the Serenity panel he showed me that I am not nearly as nerdy as I thought I was, when compared to him.

He is the nerd to which we all aspire to one day be.

Like he was made in a labratory out of parts of lesser nerds?

Scotty
06-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Like he was made in a labratory out of parts of lesser nerds?

Yeah may that's it.

Kenneth I. Wolfe
06-16-2006, 01:59 PM
I haven't since high school.

Even with Goddard floating around?