PDA

View Full Version : I'm a freak aren't I?

Donal DeLay
06-15-2006, 08:11 AM
I got eaten alive by mosquitos on my camping trip on Sunday, so I've been scratching at the bug bites. This morning I realized that on my upper thigh I have a reddish bruise (like I was bleeding just underneath the surface) in the tracks of my nails as a result of my scratching.

This has happened before. Anytime I scratch fairly hard (I'm not tearing into the skin with a brillo pad or anything) especially on my thighs I get this bruise. Also, sometimes when I walk my legs start to itch for no apparent reason at all. It drives me nuts becuase it will start in my ankles and just slowly work it's way up until both legs are itching like crazy and I feel like screaming.

Anybody else get this? Or have any insight on what this might be a symptom of?

-Kimberly

mattbrand
06-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Easy bruising could be an iron deficiency.

The itchiness itself...have you looked into candida?

Donal DeLay
06-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Hm, I looked up the symptoms and of course the problem with looking up the symptoms for anything is that they list so many that you can always make yourself belive that you have that disease. I do get frequent dizzy spells. Haven't passed out in a while (Thank God), but they are still there.

-Kimberly

mattbrand
06-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Hm, I looked up the symptoms and of course the problem with looking up the symptoms for anything is that they list so many that you can always make yourself belive that you have that disease. I do get frequent dizzy spells. Haven't passed out in a while (Thank God), but they are still there.

-Kimberly

Definitely. And candida is something that is extremely pervasive (it's just something that lives in most people), but most people who have it don't experience any problems.

Don't get carried away...just something to look into.

For the bruising though, you might want to look into an iron supplement. Floradix is a really good one that is very easy to take, and doesn't taste bad.

Donal DeLay
06-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Woo! Thanks Matt. I'll pick up some iron supplements when I get paid.

-Kimberly

mattbrand
06-15-2006, 08:44 AM
No problem! :D

DrMachine
06-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Candida?!!!?!?

:no:

Donal DeLay
06-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Candida?!!!?!?

:no:

What's up, Doc?

(Heh)

-Kimberly

SteveZegers
06-15-2006, 09:19 AM
It means you're soft. Like woman or leeeeetle girl.

moonspider
06-15-2006, 09:25 AM
It means you're soft. Like woman or leeeeetle girl.

girley mon

DrMachine
06-15-2006, 09:28 AM
What's up, Doc?

(Heh)

-Kimberly

you should go to see your dr

Donal DeLay
06-15-2006, 09:42 AM
you should go to see your dr

Ah. Would love to but at the moment I have other things that I need to have taken care of (like getting my glasses changed), this was just random curiosity. More wondering if anyone else had the same thing.

On the upside, this has been something I've lived with for years so it doesn't seem to be life threatening. :D

-Kimberly