PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead #28 - Several HOLY SHIT moments (spoilers)

Adrian B AWESOME
06-08-2006, 07:30 AM
HOLY SHIT! Rick got his hand cut off!

HOLY SHIT! Michonne bit that guy's ear off!

HOLY SHIT! She's gonna git raped! A lot!

HOLY SHIT! They're all gonna die!

HOLY SHIT! The governor is the biggest cock of all time. Words cannot describe this self-righteous asshole's cockness.

What a fantastic issue. Seriously, if you're still not reading this book, go get the new hardcovers that will be coming out in a few months and catch up. You're missing a work of true brilliance.

copypastepuke
06-08-2006, 07:36 AM
fuck. i tried to not read them, but i had to. and now i am so fucking excited to read it.
FUCKIN HELL.

this is the issue directly proceeding the issue where the cliffhanger was teh governor telling them they are going to fight, right?

kylethoreau
06-08-2006, 07:37 AM
hope he was a leftie....

can't wait to see his wife's fae when they get back

and odds are good the kid isn't going to survive (the other guy with them, I can't think of his name)

Ben
06-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Kirkman's pulling the classic move of creating a villain that you HATE HATE HATE, which makes it SO goddamn satisfying when he eventually gets his! I can't wait!

Kip K
06-08-2006, 07:38 AM
I agree, this issue was amazing. The Governor's love for the biters is crazy, and his handling of his guests was ruthless. And at the same time, given their circumstances, I can understand that ruthlessness.

Adrian B AWESOME
06-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Kirkman's pulling the classic move of creating a villain that you HATE HATE HATE, which makes it SO goddamn satisfying when he eventually gets his! I can't wait!
See, I kept telling myself it was getting kind of cliche and too stereotypical of the "evil human" in horror films, but after what happened, I, personally, wanted to kill this guy.

A lot of this goes to the amazing characterization that Kirkman has done with Rick and the group.

Adrian B AWESOME
06-08-2006, 07:39 AM
fuck. i tried to not read them, but i had to. and now i am so fucking excited to read it.
FUCKIN HELL.

this is the issue directly proceeding the issue where the cliffhanger was teh governor telling them they are going to fight, right?
He doesn't tell them they're going to fight, only that they feed the zombies "strangers."

Ben
06-08-2006, 07:40 AM
See, I kept telling myself it was getting kind of cliche and too stereotypical of the "evil human" in horror films, but after what happened, I, personally, wanted to kill this guy.

A lot of this goes to the amazing characterization that Kirkman has done with Rick and the group.
Yep. I love when stories do this.

The dialogue in this comic is pretty cheesy at times, but I don't care. It's great.

Bradford
06-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Just read volume 4 on Sunday. Awesome book that never lets me down!

copypastepuke
06-08-2006, 08:10 AM
He doesn't tell them they're going to fight, only that they feed the zombies "strangers."

haha yeah. i am going to reread it tomorrow before going to the shop.

gaspar
06-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Great issue! It's going to be very interesting to see the ramifications of this one...

Jim T.
06-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I like this book for the same reason I liked George RR Martin's FIre & Ice series: Kirkman's not afraid to fuck his main characters up. Everyone in the book (except maybe Rick) could die in any given issue out of nowhere. It provides a neat edge to the book - you get attached and interested in the characters only to be horrified when he does something to them. This was a fun issue.

Hate_Prime
06-08-2006, 11:13 AM
After reading the "spoilers", I'm craving this issue even more! It's like crack with the fucking cliffhangers and the teasers and ugh, I had it too good reading the first 25 issues in one go.

YouStayClassy
06-08-2006, 11:23 AM
This issue was totally worth that wait. I only hope Michonne doesn't get raped, that's a plot device I wouldn't mind going away forever.

Adrian B AWESOME
06-08-2006, 11:41 AM
I like this book for the same reason I liked George RR Martin's FIre & Ice series: Kirkman's not afraid to fuck his main characters up. Everyone in the book (except maybe Rick) could die in any given issue out of nowhere. It provides a neat edge to the book - you get attached and interested in the characters only to be horrified when he does something to them. This was a fun issue.
I don't think Rick's going to make it to issue #50...

Jim T.
06-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I don't think Rick's going to make it to issue #50...

If Kirkman has the balls to kill him off - awesome. I'm all for it. This whole thing could end with everyone dead and the little kid left all alone...

Kip K
06-08-2006, 12:04 PM
that's a plot device I wouldn't mind going away forever

Given past behavior, I think something very similar has already happened in the past. Notice the change in facial expressions during the scene--I don't think the Gov knows what he is getting himself into.

YouStayClassy
06-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Given past behavior, I think something very similar has already happened in the past. Notice the change in facial expressions during the scene--I don't think the Gov knows what he is getting himself into.

Yes, I do think he's in for one very painful time.:D I'm just so sick of rape or ever a mention of it.

Kip K
06-08-2006, 12:13 PM
I am too. However, of all the books on the market, it does make sense for it to be an issue in this one given the limited population.

YouStayClassy
06-08-2006, 12:15 PM
I am too. However, of all the books on the market, it does make sense for it to be an issue in this one given the limited population.

True. And hopefully this is just one of Kirkman's masterful cliffhangers that doesn't necessarily happen.

Adrian B AWESOME
06-08-2006, 12:27 PM
What? People thought rape was BRILLIANT in Identity Crisis. :roll:

Shepherd
07-12-2006, 06:01 AM
hope he was a leftie....

can't wait to see his wife's fae when they get back

and odds are good the kid isn't going to survive (the other guy with them, I can't think of his name)

Seems like Rick will have to survive (since he's the main character), but I'm guessing he gets out alone.

(By the way, sorry about the thread resurrection, but I just read the book).

R

nihilance
07-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Seems like Rick will have to survive (since he's the main character), but I'm guessing he gets out alone.

(By the way, sorry about the thread resurrection, but I just read the book).

R
I wouldn't necessarily say that Rick is safe. Especially since Tyreese's role has beefed up quite a bit to rival Rick's (up until Rick, Glenn and Michonne left the prison that is).