PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Wolverine

Rich Lozano
05-18-2006, 12:58 PM
I was just rereading Ultimate X-Men 1-25 and for the life of my i can't understand why Marvel would change the look of Ultimate Wolverine. I really liked the design he had in the first couple story arcs and then they made him look like 616 wolverine.

Joe Henderson
05-18-2006, 01:01 PM
I was just rereading Ultimate X-Men 1-25 and for the life of my i can't understand why Marvel would change the look of Ultimate Wolverine. I really liked the design he had in the first couple story arcs and then they made him look like 616 wolverine.

You liked soul patch Wolverine? I was happy when they made him look like a younger 616 Wolverine.

Kefky
05-18-2006, 01:13 PM
I was more worried about the personality change post-Millar.

Mark Vollmar
05-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I think its a brand thing. For big charecters like wolverine and Spider-Man, I think they like to have as few versions out there as possible to avoid confusion when licensing. Though, I bet the toy companies like it. I can not understand why the current X-Men line has Wolverine, Gambit, Juggernaut, and Cyclops costumes that never apeared in the comics. There is enough diffrent versions out there.

Dreg
05-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Wolverine with the soul patch looked like a cartoon devil.

I still think there should be some difference between the characters, though. I didn't like how 616 Wolverine got a dead wife after the Ultimate Wolverine got one. I also hope Ultimate Wolverine continues to look like a young guy, not an old grizzled dude.