PDA

View Full Version : Why don't they make NAIR for guys?

PhilipClark
05-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Something I've always been curious about.

Could one conceivably buy "Nair" to manage facial hair? I've heard mixed reviews by women about the stuff, from a godsend to just plain nasty.

I get so fed up with shaving; it sure would be cool if they had a product like that for men someday.

Ok, I'm bored. Can you tell?

Bervda
05-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Why don't you just use Nair? Why does it have to be "for guys?"

DrMachine
05-18-2006, 11:00 AM
they do, or atleast they did at one time

Corey A.
05-18-2006, 11:01 AM
I thought it was called NADS?

nihilance
05-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I thought it was called NADS?
And here I thought this thread was equating to the lack there of.

Binx
05-18-2006, 11:04 AM

Could one conceivably buy "Nair" to manage facial hair? I've heard mixed reviews by women about the stuff, from a godsend to just plain nasty.

I get so fed up with shaving; it sure would be cool if they had a product like that for men someday.

Did you see 40 Year Old Virgin?

Ray G.
05-18-2006, 11:05 AM
I actually used it for a few weeks when my electric razor broke. It works, but it's not pleasant.

Ben
05-18-2006, 11:07 AM
I actually used it for a few weeks when my electric razor broke. It works, but it's not pleasant.
You know they make non-electric razors...

Boris the Blade
05-18-2006, 11:09 AM
It smells awful, but dude, Nair is totally not gender specific. It's not a fucking tampon.

Shane W
05-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Once electrolysis for facial hair is available cheaply, I'm getting it.

Adam Beranek
05-18-2006, 11:12 AM
We totally NAIR'd people that passed out too early in college.

dwam0
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
NAIR stinks to high heaven, you do not want it on your face. But there are other lotions and powders that will do the same thing.

PhilipClark
05-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Once electrolysis for facial hair is available cheaply, I'm getting it.
See, I thought about that, too. But I want the option of growing a goatee or a soulpatch, so that would rule that out.

Boris the Blade
05-18-2006, 11:15 AM
For your face it's a shitty idea.

But it's a nice way to clean up the you know what for a picky girlfriend, and not leave ingrown hair bumps.

PhilipClark
05-18-2006, 11:19 AM
On the same tip: does anyone here use a straight razor?

http://sparkletack.libsyn.com/podcasts/sparkletack/images/sparkle11images/razor1.jpg

nihilance
05-18-2006, 11:20 AM

http://sparkletack.libsyn.com/podcasts/sparkletack/images/sparkle11images/razor1.jpg
I would but my snail keeps running acrossed it.

Bervda
05-18-2006, 11:21 AM

Only for the devil's work.

YouStayClassy
05-18-2006, 11:21 AM
They do make a Nair For Men. I just stocked some at my store on Tuesday.

Boris the Blade
05-18-2006, 11:23 AM
I would but my snail keeps running acrossed it.
Hey, that's my dream! That's my... nightmare.

RøcketFrøg
05-18-2006, 11:43 AM
I smeared a thick layer of Nair all over my already trimmed head once to make it bald and smooth.

Once.

The proper term was painful chemical burn.

Jef UK
05-18-2006, 11:43 AM

There is stuff called "shaving powder" that I believe is quite similar.

Grow a beard.

AngiePangie
05-18-2006, 11:45 AM
nair sux. get it waxed

Brad N.
05-18-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't so much mind shaving my face. It's my back and ass that I'd need Nair for.

PhilipClark
05-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Grow a beard.
Christy would kill me.

Joshzilla
05-18-2006, 02:21 PM

Oh sweet Jesus, whatever you do DO NOT PUT THAT SHIT ON YOUR FACE! I did it about a year ago because I get horrible razor burn and bumps on my lip that get cut every time I shave. So I thought it'd be a great idea. I put it all over my beard area. Well, after about 5 minutes it was the most intense chemical burning sensation I've ever experienced. So the next day my face looked like I had a fire beard and it hurt like a bitch.

dwam0
05-19-2006, 11:42 AM
And don't pick up a straight razor unless you have someone who can teach you. My uncle taught me and I would practice on my legs - the only place i had hair at the time. And it's not like riding a bike, I don't think I would be as good now as I was when I was a teenager.

Jade
05-19-2006, 11:48 AM

I've been using Veet on my bikini area and really like it. But it does say to not use on the face, so maybe that's why they don't make it for guys.

antithesis
05-19-2006, 12:07 PM
i've been on a "manage my body hair" kick lately, and i use stuff from this site. its safe for the face too..

www.parissa.com

i gotta figure out what to do with my eyebrows next.. anyone know anything about threading?

John Drake
05-19-2006, 12:19 PM
I've been using Veet on my bikini area and really like it. But it does say to not use on the face, so maybe that's why they don't make it for guys.

men can use it for that...area..

Jade
05-19-2006, 12:21 PM
men can use it for that...area..

The bikini area? They can, and indeed they should... makes a woman's visit down to that... area... much more enjoyable...

nrrdgrrl
05-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Sometimes the Nair type stuff doesn't work at well on thicker, coarser hair. Which would include beard hair.

Unless all you have is peach fuzz. Then Nair away.

John Drake
05-19-2006, 05:45 PM
The bikini area? They can, and indeed they should... makes a woman's visit down to that... area... much more enjoyable...

I know, I've always thought about doing it, but just end up trimming afterwards. The stories I've heard scare the hell out of me. :scared: