PDA

View Full Version : How I met your mother Finale (spoilers)

Briomega
05-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Anyone see this? I missed it because of Grey's Anatomy. Anyone have the spoilers on what happened?

james michael
05-15-2006, 07:19 PM
they broke up

bartleby
05-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Ted makes it rain. Robin gets promoted to head anchor. They get together.

Lily gets accepted to the art fellowship. Marshall finds out. They break off the engagement.

Barney has a drink with a chick he hooked up with once (Amy Acker of ANGEL/ALIAS fame).

Briomega
05-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Ted makes it rain. Robin gets promoted to head anchor. They get together.

Lily gets accepted to the art fellowship. Marshall finds out. They break off the engagement.

Barney has a drink with a chick he hooked up with once (Amy Acker of ANGEL/ALIAS fame).

Damn, sounds like a good one. Thanks, man.

Vonn Hennigar
05-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Alyson Hannigan and Amy Acker!!!

Fuck i've been missing out.

bartleby
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM

Also... Alexis Denisof.

Tonight's episode was a veritable ANGEL reunion. Although, I don't believe any of the three actual shared a moment of screentime.

BenitoCereno
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM
I was glad I caught this one, because I've missed the last two weeks.

I wonder if they'll do DVDs for this series...

Casali
05-15-2006, 07:29 PM

Amy Acker was a one-night guest.

But Alexis Denisof has been guesting for the last few episodes as an egotistical and ridiculously stupid head anchor at a news station.

TonyFleecs
05-15-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm watching the tape right now. Lilly & Marshall broke up over her wanting to go to SanFrancisco for some art fellowship.

Young Bob sagat decided that he still loves robin, hired a string quartet to play blue intstrumets in her appartment & suprise her with roses & tells her once again that he loves her & asks her to be with him....

She's just returned from work however, where she agreed to go out with Wesley from buffy the vampire slayer (her co-anchor), who's leaving the station to go work at CNN (thus negating her, "I don't date people I work with" excuse)... Robin will be the new head anchor. Their date's supposed to happen on a TV station camping trip... Where they would possibly fuck.

Camping trip gets cancelled due to rain that's supposed to be coming and then they un cancell the trip because the rain's not coming.

Sagat decides to do something about it. Makes NPH track down a girl that he used to go out with who's an american indian studies major, they do a rain dance that dosen't work... finally he breaks fown & begs the universe for rain and it rains.

He goes to robin who's vetrinarian has just convinced her that she won't do better than him. They kiss, he spends the night.

Next morning he heads home it's still raining. Marshall's sitting outside their buliding holding lilly's engagement ring.

bartleby
05-15-2006, 07:37 PM
I wonder if they'll do DVDs for this series...

I would think so. Particularly since the show was picked up pretty early for its second season.

bartleby
05-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Lilly & Marshall broke up over her wanting to go to SanFrancisco for some art fellowship.

Not exactly. Although it does spark the argument. Ultimately what it comes down to is that, even though Lily isn't going to accept the fellowship, she can't promise Marshall that she won't ever decide to go off.

james michael
05-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Also... Alexis Denisof.

Tonight's episode was a veritable ANGEL reunion. Although, I don't believe any of the three actual shared a moment of screentime.
ive never seen an ep of this before, and giggled like a schoolgirl...

likewise, when i saw amy acker on alias...

TonyFleecs
05-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Not exactly. Although it does spark the argument. Ultimately what it comes down to is that, even though Lily isn't going to accept the fellowship, she can't promise Marshall that she won't ever decide to go off.
Right. It wasn't a petty thing.

Did she say she wasn't going?

bartleby
05-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Right. It wasn't a petty thing.

Did she say she wasn't going?

I think before she even applied for the fellowship she had told Ted that she wasn't going to take it. She just had to give it a chance, so she wouldn't regret it later on. And afterwards, she knew that staying with Marshall was what she really wanted.

I just can't remember if she actual told Marshall. So much of the meaty part of their conversation, we weren't shown.

Daniel K.
05-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Holy Jesus, I just watched the tape. That was so awesome. Wow. Best episode of this show yet. Can't wait for the DVDs and season two.

Briomega
05-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Holy Jesus, I just watched the tape. That was so awesome. Wow. Best episode of this show yet. Can't wait for the DVDs and season two.

Man, sounds like it. Hope they show a replay sooner than just before the new season starts.

james michael
05-15-2006, 07:59 PM
I think before she even applied for the fellowship she had told Ted that she wasn't going to take it. She just had to give it a chance, so she wouldn't regret it later on. And afterwards, she knew that staying with Marshall was what she really wanted.

I just can't remember if she actual told Marshall. So much of the meaty part of their conversation, we weren't shown.
i think she was considering going, after he told her not to... when he asked if she could promise that she would come back, without anything changing between them, apparently, she couldnt...

Daniel K.
05-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Man, sounds like it. Hope they show a replay sooner than just before the new season starts.

Yeah. It'd be awesome if they replayed the series during the summer. I missed a few episodes here and there and I'd love to be able to see them.

Criden
05-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Loved it. This show has only gotten better and better. Can't wait for Season Two! :D