PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it for terrorists to immigrate to Canada?

Thudpucker
05-14-2006, 06:43 AM
I just heard another debate on TV about US border security and how easy it would be for terrorists to cross the Canada / US border. And sure, it would be easy to slip in from Canada.

But the arguement also implys that terrorists can easily fly into Canada in the fist place. Is that true? I would think there are strong security measures in place to prevent that arn't there?

Olivier E.
05-14-2006, 06:55 AM
as easy as to fly in the states. Buy a ticket have a passport...

Ray G.
05-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I don't think Canada has easy immigration. And besides, the volume of border crossings in Canada is lighter than in Mexico, so it's easier to police it.

Thudpucker
05-14-2006, 07:10 AM
as easy as to fly in the states. Buy a ticket have a passport...

There are things called watch lists. Also customs where inspections of documents and identity verification takes place. I assume Canada has discovered this innovation as well as us.

They are not a corrupt or incompetent Nation in matters like this. I just don't know about specifics, I don't watch Canadian news or know if this is a 'hot topic' issue in Canada. But it seems like the scare discussions we have on our news about about terrorists flooding our Canadian Border are unfounded.

Taxman
05-14-2006, 08:24 AM
I just heard another debate on TV about US border security and how easy it would be for terrorists to cross the Canada / US border. And sure, it would be easy to slip in from Canada.

But the arguement also implys that terrorists can easily fly into Canada in the fist place. Is that true? I would think there are strong security measures in place to prevent that arn't there?There's a crossing somewhere, and I don't know where but I saw this on TV very recently. There is an improved footpath with no wall or fence of any type. There is a booth there that is unmanned, and one is supposed to pick up a phone an report their crossing.

Thudpucker
05-14-2006, 08:30 AM
There's a crossing somewhere, and I don't know where but I saw this on TV very recently. There is an improved footpath with no wall or fence of any type. There is a booth there that is unmanned, and one is supposed to pick up a phone an report their crossing.

I've seen stuff like that too. The border security is basically non-existent when it comes to keeping out dangers.

But I'm not really afraid of Canadians. It's people flying to Canada. And if the Candaians have a good control on that then our border isn't the major threat some are trying to make it.

WillieLee
05-14-2006, 05:26 PM
I've seen stuff like that too. The border security is basically non-existent when it comes to keeping out dangers.

But I'm not really afraid of Canadians. It's people flying to Canada. And if the Candaians have a good control on that then our border isn't the major threat some are trying to make it.

The US is responsible for who enters their country. Canada controls who enters Canada. If they claim there are problems with Canada that means the same problems exist with US immigration. It's just a rant to shift blame.