PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead at MSG Theater

mitchymitchymitchy
05-08-2006, 05:04 AM
Did anyone get tix to this thing?
Sold out so fast, I do not know anyone that got any.

I've heard rumors of 3 more shows being added.
Has anyone heard of this? and does anyone know when they go on sale?

Jonny Z
05-08-2006, 05:40 AM
i got 2 GA tix for the floor for june 14th

PeteL
05-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Did anyone get tix to this thing?
Sold out so fast, I do not know anyone that got any.

I've heard rumors of 3 more shows being added.
Has anyone heard of this? and does anyone know when they go on sale?

Where have you heard these rumors?

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-08-2006, 06:26 AM
These guys will never play in Iowa.

JackBauer
05-08-2006, 06:29 AM
I hate Radiohead, it's like "booohooo,I'm a whiny creep and will never get laid, but I make crappy songs that will reinvent the wheel,booohooo!"

PeteL
05-08-2006, 06:32 AM
I hate Radiohead, it's like "booohooo,I'm a whiny creep and will never get laid, but I make crappy songs that will reinvent the wheel,booohooo!"

Well, they do reinvent the wheel. Each and every time. It's because they're good.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-08-2006, 06:35 AM
That is because you are so busy saving the world that you can't fully appreciate good music.

Doug
05-08-2006, 06:51 AM
I tried for tickets but was shut out.

I even tried for Boston tickets, and had two ready to go, but Ticketmaster's website had a problem and didn't put my order through. Fucking Ticketmaster!!!

Jen Grunwald
05-08-2006, 10:40 AM
i got 2 GA tix for the floor for june 14th

Wanna sell me one?!? :crazy:

:rogue:

Jonny Z
05-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Wanna sell me one?!? :crazy:

:rogue:

For the GA floor tickets, you can only pick up the tickets on the day of the show at the will call box office and only the credit card holder can get them. so you'd have to be my date to get a ticket, but that spot's already been taken :cool:

Seltzer Water
06-13-2006, 01:36 PM
going tonight

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
06-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Have fun.

Masculine Todd
06-13-2006, 01:40 PM
going tonight

You lucky bastard.

So, anybody looking forward to Thom Yorke's solo album?

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
06-13-2006, 01:42 PM
You lucky bastard.

So, anybody looking forward to Thom Yorke's solo album?
Yeah.

Jonny Z
06-13-2006, 03:37 PM
going tonight

gimmee a report when its over! can't wait for tomorrow. and let me know what time the show ends so i can plan how im getting home tomorrow afterwards :cool:

Seltzer Water
06-13-2006, 07:24 PM
pretty damn good. He put on a great show. Show was over at 11:00 sharp.

Highlight of the night was when they played the Bends followed by Everything In Its Right Place during the encore.

The new songs are pretty good also

PeteL
06-14-2006, 04:26 AM
I'm going tonight. I'm very excited.

Allen Y
06-14-2006, 06:24 AM
The new songs are pretty good also
I wish the new album didn't have to wait until 2007.

PeteL
06-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know what the general admission section at the theatre is like? How much room is there?

Dannñ B
06-14-2006, 09:11 AM
I don't know, but I'd get in line now.

PeteL
06-14-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't know, but I'd get in line now.

Yeah, that's not an option. Oh well. I'm not terribly concerned with being right up front.

Jonny Z
06-14-2006, 09:10 PM
awesome fucking show. they played for 2 hours. ill post more in depth tomorrow.

PeteL
06-15-2006, 04:23 AM
It was a great show. It was slightly problematic getting in, as I was told one thing about general admission/will call, then told another. Either way, I got there. The general admission area wasn't terribly packed. Off to the sides and back there was plenty of room. I managed to stay a few bodies behind the barrier, stage right, until the first encore. Even though there were many tall people (I'm short) I dealt with it. Watching Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood (and the rest of the band for that matter) up close was great. Johnny is so interesting to watch, what with all his weird electronic music boxes and stuff. He was wearing a shirt that had one long sleeve, and one short sleeve. It was awesome. I could never pull that off.

The crowd around me was OK. There were some minor incidents with people getting a rise out of eachother, but when Radiohead played, everyone was pretty cool. It was worth dealing with the crowd. I'm tired. Maybe Johnny has some more for you. Here's the setlist:

01 The Gloaming
02 The National Anthem
03 15 Step
04 Arpeggi
05 Kid A
06 Dollars And Cents
07 Videotape
08 Nude
09 I Might Be Wrong
10 Paranoid Android
11 Bangers 'n Mash
12 Pyramid Song
13 My Iron Lung
14 Bodysnatchers
15 Myxomatosis
16 No Surprises [Thom dedicates to Michael Stipe]
17 Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 1
18 A Wolf At The Door
19 Down Is The New Up
20 Like Spinning Plates
21 Spooks
22 Idioteque

Encore 2
23 Just
24 The Tourist

Seltzer Water
06-15-2006, 04:33 AM
It was a great show. It was slightly problematic getting in, as I was told one thing about general admission/will call, then told another. Either way, I got there. The general admission area wasn't terribly packed. Off to the sides and back there was plenty of room. I managed to stay a few bodies behind the barrier, stage right, until the first encore. Even though there were many tall people (I'm short) I dealt with it. Watching Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood (and the rest of the band for that matter) up close was great. Johnny is so interesting to watch, what with all his weird electronic music boxes and stuff. He was wearing a shirt that had one long sleeve, and one short sleeve. It was awesome. I could never pull that off.

The crowd around me was OK. There were some minor incidents with people getting a rise out of eachother, but when Radiohead played, everyone was pretty cool. It was worth dealing with the crowd. I'm tired. Maybe Johnny has some more for you. Here's the setlist:

01 The Gloaming
02 The National Anthem
03 15 Step
04 Arpeggi
05 Kid A
06 Dollars And Cents
07 Videotape
08 Nude
09 I Might Be Wrong
10 Paranoid Android
11 Bangers 'n Mash
12 Pyramid Song
13 My Iron Lung
14 Bodysnatchers
15 Myxomatosis
16 No Surprises [Thom dedicates to Michael Stipe]
17 Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 1
18 A Wolf At The Door
19 Down Is The New Up
20 Like Spinning Plates
21 Spooks
22 Idioteque

Encore 2
23 Just
24 The Tourist

shit, they changed the setlist for night 2?

I had everything in its right place in the encore and they played fake plastic trees in the middle somewhere

PeteL
06-15-2006, 04:36 AM
shit, they changed the setlist for night 2?

I had everything in its right place in the encore and they played fake plastic trees in the middle somewhere

Fake Plastic Trees would have been nice. I was really hoping for Let Down, but no luck there.

What were the highlights of the show for you? Mine were Videotape into Nude and My Iron Lung. A Wolf At The Door was great, too.

Jonny Z
06-15-2006, 09:02 AM
so apparently natalie portman was there last night. hmph! i couldn't have hit on her anyway though or i woulda been in trouble :Oops: and i guess horatio sanz was around too

and tobey maguire ed norton and scarlett johanson were there on tuesday night. i knew there'd be celebrities all over hte place both nights but i was too lazy to seek them out.

PeteL
06-15-2006, 09:19 AM
so apparently natalie portman was there last night. hmph! i couldn't have hit on her anyway though or i woulda been in trouble :Oops: and i guess horatio sanz was around too

and tobey maguire ed norton and scarlett johanson were there on tuesday night. i knew there'd be celebrities all over hte place both nights but i was too lazy to seek them out.

Everyone loves Radiohead!

Where were you standing, Jonny?

Dennis K
06-15-2006, 09:30 AM
These guys will never play in Iowa.

Not on purpose, that's for sure.

Jonny Z
06-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Everyone loves Radiohead!

Where were you standing, Jonny?

i was in general admission on the floor, but then we realized the seats that were in GA were for anyone, so we got those front row ones right smack in the middle- and we took them cuz it was on an elevated platform and we could see totally clear to the stage with no one's heads in the way. such an awesome fucking view. i would say second only to being in the first few rows of people at hte front of the stage.

and i have to say i was pretty much satisfied they played 2 of my favorite songs- paranoid android and just- but i would have liked some more older classics. although i can never complain, because last time i saw them in 2003, they played Creep live which was fucking amazing.

Seltzer Water
06-15-2006, 10:03 AM
The highlight of my show was when they played the Bends. It felt like arena rock

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
06-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Not on purpose, that's for sure.
:-x

Seltzer Water
06-15-2006, 11:29 AM

more importantly, Ryan Adams was there last night. I feel like less of a human being for not being in his presence last night

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
06-15-2006, 11:30 AM
more importantly, Ryan Adams was there last night. I feel like less of a human being for not being in his presence last night
I wish that I could be in his presence at all times.

Seltzer Water
06-15-2006, 11:32 AM
I wish that I could be in his presence at all times.

if we were in Utah and Utah allowed gay marriage, we could be part of his harem

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
06-15-2006, 11:44 AM
if we were in Utah and Utah allowed gay marriage, we could be part of his harem
Yes, yes we would.