PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion, what Marvel Characters or series would you like to see me write?

MACK!
05-02-2006, 08:59 PM
After KABUKI: The Alchemy wraps up this current Kabuki story, I plan to do some writing for Marvel for other artists to draw. I'll be drawing my autobiographical stories and some new kids books.

While my art is focused on that, it will be very fun to write for some other amazing artists.
For the other Kabuki agents series...

And I plan to do quite a bit of writing for Marvel.
What character, characters, or series would you like to see?

I have my own ideas and plans, but I'll take all your opinions into consideration.
Thanks

copypastepuke
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
oh man! more noh agents? awesome. and i am greatly looking forward to the kids books. i really want them. especially the shy creatures.

so, MARVEL STUFF I WANT DAVID MACK TO WRITE:
-i think id really like to see you write a spiderman story. i think it would be fun. and i bet you could wrap your brain around peter parker and make a sweet little story arc.
-ultimate daredevil. but thats because he has only had a couple of appearances and i loved your previous dd arcs... but then again, isnt bendis bringing him out pretty soon in ult. spiderman?
-and IRON FIST. the dude needs a good story. he is dieing for someone to bring him into the big leagues, or at least bring him to the ballpark.

copypastepuke
05-02-2006, 09:45 PM
oh, and IRON MAN. TONY STARK!

Shannon Chenoweth
05-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Let's see...

-Black Widow
-Elektra
-Wolverine
-X-Men (I still want to see you write some x-men)
-Ronin/Echo
-Daredevil (more!)

btw, you ever get the Ares book I sent? (sorry to go a bit OT)

SteveZegers
05-03-2006, 04:09 AM
Any of the solo character books. I think you could really get in their head and do something interesting.

copypastepuke
05-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Any of the solo character books. I think you could really get in their head and do something interesting.

yeah. id also lean away from team, except if he ever does do that run of ultimate xmen that was rumoured way back when...

helenoftroy
05-03-2006, 04:23 AM
I also think you should write for X-Men. I would love to see a Rogue Title. Even though this is not Marvel, you should write a She-ra comic book. I'm not sure it would go over very well but it would make me so happy.

Eric Williams
05-03-2006, 04:27 AM
I think you could do some neat stuff with Moon Knight.
I would also be interested in seeing how you work the team dynamic. X-Men? New Avengers?

copypastepuke
05-03-2006, 04:36 AM
i just wanted to reiterate, IRON FIST. dude needs a good story to come his way!

stefanduscio
05-03-2006, 04:54 AM
maybe a wolverine mini series exploring more of his past in samurai training.

i agree with everyone saying that you'd be good on a solo book, getting into a character's head, but it'd be great to see a wolvie comic with no narration, to bring a lot of mystery back into his character.

i like the idea of you taking a marvel character to an environment they haven't been before. out of their comfort zone, to another country or something.

looking forward to whatever you do anyway.

stefan.

---------------------
stefanduscio.com

Lazy_Metaphors
05-03-2006, 07:06 AM
I can't speak for whatever she's like now, since they change her around every few months or so, but (as of the last time I read an X-book, which was ages ago) Psylocke has a lot of duality you could work with. She's lived two lives, of two nations; she's seen through eyes not her own; her strength has come from first science, then magic; etc, etc. She's never been my favorite character, but I've got to admit that there's a lot there to work with.

Of course, the instant criticism levelled would be her similarities to Kabuki, and Echo, so...

You know what I'd like to see, actually? Namor. Do a great Namor. Capturing the Imperial, the constant lingering threat of madness, the forbidden love, how alien surface-dweller behavior is for him; how history has changed for him since the 40's; the appropriate sense of history and gravitas due to Atlantis and its origin far earlier than man (Kirby, etc). I think you could sell that.

WayOfTheStrega
05-03-2006, 07:24 AM
I'd would like to see X-Men written by you. Or maybe even a Morlocks mini series or something. I don't know if Marvel has a book out of them already, but I think that would be neat.

As for anything else, I think you'd do great on any of the solo titles. I think readers would walk away with a much better understanding of the character(s) you'd write about.

Murdock's Girl
05-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Ok coming from me it would be obvious I would throw in for Daredevil... (PLEASE????)

Here's a couple of ideas-
I would love (and totally buy a million copies) if David would write a Daredevil Mini about Matt and his dad from a little matt perspective. I think it would be the neatest thing ever.

Echo ongoing- enough said on that.

But I also think that David is one of the few guys (and few I mean less than a handful) that can write chicks well, so what about an ongoing with say-----Night Nurse? Typhoid Mary? Resurrect some some long lost 'dead' character for a mini?

Write Elektra. I think you (Yes you SpiderDave) could be one of the few people to pull off a GOOD ongoing with her.

Hmm... I think a Captain America would be intresting....

Better yet...He's been gone for two years (and this would be the coolest thing ever) David writing and Mike doing the art for a THOR ongoing.
:)

I could totally see an UXM...

I could go on forever, but i better get back to work.

Tessana

GelfXIII
05-03-2006, 12:52 PM
I'd love to see you write (AND PAINT) some Dr. Strange. I cant think of any other character that would suit both your highly philosophical writing style with your surealistic art style as well as the master of the mystic arts. Another might be Silver Surfer, but not so much as Strange. What say you?

Lazy_Metaphors
05-03-2006, 04:11 PM
I'd love to see you write (AND PAINT) some Dr. Strange. I cant think of any other character that would suit both your highly philosophical writing style with your surealistic art style as well as the master of the mystic arts. Another might be Silver Surfer, but not so much as Strange. What say you?

Actually, I like the Doc Strange idea, yeah.

jccheung
05-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi David & friends,

To be honest, it doesn't really matter which character you choose or are given, I'll be buying. :) But if I had a choice, I'd have to say Captain America as he's been my favourite Marvel character for ages, with Spider-Man a close second.

Michael John Wheeler
05-03-2006, 05:27 PM
I have to back up the Iron Fist recommendation. You would definitely work some magic there.

I also think you'd be able to get into the mind of the Hulk/Bruce Banner like no one has before and really put out a great piece of work.

Whatever book you end up writing, I will certainly be buying it. Hopefully you'll be doing the covers for the books, too.

copypastepuke
05-04-2006, 01:24 AM
I have to back up the Iron Fist recommendation. You would definitely work some magic there.

I also think you'd be able to get into the mind of the Hulk/Bruce Banner like no one has before and really put out a great piece of work.

Whatever book you end up writing, I will certainly be buying it. Hopefully you'll be doing the covers for the books, too.

YESSSS!

helenoftroy
05-04-2006, 09:15 AM
I have my own ideas and plans, but I'll take all your opinions into consideration.
Thanks

What are some of your ideas?

I really think you should write a female character. There aren't many writers out there that can do it as well as you can. I remember you said in an interview that you don't focus on gender, you just write the character with gender secondary. That really shows in your work.

I love the idea of writing other stories of the Noh agents. I would really love an indepth background for each of them like Scarab's story. I also would love to see Shy Creatures as a children's book.

DeadMike
05-05-2006, 01:29 PM
A Mack Spider-man or Ironman would be pretty cool. Of course a return to DD would always be sweet too.

Taxman
05-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I'd love to see you write (AND PAINT) some Dr. Strange. Sounds like a winner.

HotRob
05-07-2006, 02:03 PM
An Echo/Ronin kick @$$ Kung Fu fest (with some character development of course!) drawn by Rob Haynes!

Olivier E.
05-07-2006, 02:15 PM
a Layla Miller mini-series :D

Trent Affair
05-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Do something that revolves around real world conspiracy theories but not like the x-files.

changingshades
05-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Silver Surfer

Just for a change of pace

That or Howard the Duck :D

Murdock's Girl
05-08-2006, 07:11 AM
a Layla Miller mini-series :D

OHHHHHH DAMN... that would be awsome!

Tessana

DeadMike
05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Hulk would be good too.

But no matter which character you write for you can pretty much count on me to pick up the series.

AvidFan
05-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Adam Warlock
Wolverine
Antman (the guy from the avengers)
Thanos

Af.

Darediva
05-10-2006, 03:13 PM
You KNOW I'm going to ask for more DD here. I really like that idea of writing Matt's story from the younger perspective, after the accident and before Battlin' Jack is murdered.

I also have really liked some of the stories that have been told about Matt and Foggy in college, how the friendship developed between these two guys, and possibly more about the Stick tie-in during Matt's formative years. Exploring the philosophical as well as martial arts training that Stick imparted to Matt. That could be a fine story outside the main DD line.

I would love to see you write the White Tiger. After seeing your covers for that, I know you have thought her out at least part way. You really write the chicks well, and I'd love to see some depth to Del Toro.

Murdock's Girl
05-10-2006, 03:56 PM
You KNOW I'm going to ask for more DD here. I really like that idea of writing Matt's story from the younger perspective, after the accident and before Battlin' Jack is murdered.

I also have really liked some of the stories that have been told about Matt and Foggy in college, how the friendship developed between these two guys, and possibly more about the Stick tie-in during Matt's formative years. Exploring the philosophical as well as martial arts training that Stick imparted to Matt. That could be a fine story outside the main DD line.

I would love to see you write the White Tiger. After seeing your covers for that, I know you have thought her out at least part way. You really write the chicks well, and I'd love to see some depth to Del Toro.

Thanks for voting on my younger matt idea! I totally dig the White Tiger bit idea too---

Really David, anything you do (short of Ultimate Speedball or something) we are going to buy anyway.... so just tell us what you are planning (if you can?)
:)
Tessana

AvidFan
05-12-2006, 07:30 AM
I wanted to say the silver surfer but not sure how the art would go
but the character definitely

splashingly yours
AvidFan.

ds9
05-12-2006, 07:39 AM
I would like to see you write an early Iron Fist story.

Mike Haseloff
05-13-2006, 06:05 AM
If you were doing the art too, I'd throw Morbius up enthusiastically.

Dr Aldo
05-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Spidey!!!

Professor Oreo
06-05-2006, 05:40 PM
If you're still looking for suggestions, I vote for Cloak & Dagger.