PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos? 4/29/06

DrMachine
04-30-2006, 05:11 PM
so how many gay stereotypes was that wrapped into one guy?

BronxRonin
04-30-2006, 05:13 PM
It's over for the little guy!
LoL!

DrMachine
04-30-2006, 05:15 PM
It's over for the little guy!
LoL!

hilarious

BronxRonin
04-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Was that a disrupted moment!

DrMachine
04-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Was that a disrupted moment!
absolutely

but I think for Vito it made him realise he could be gay and a father...I wonder how this will play out

DrMachine
04-30-2006, 05:25 PM
1890$

holy shit

Gecko
04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Whether it's thought of as stereotypical or not, maybe you should walk down to the Village in NYC, Castro in San Francisco or WeHo in Los Angeles so you that you can see how much gays perpetuate that stereotype themselves.

Don't get me wrong there are some that don't but to put a heavy on a show that does heavily perpetuate stereotypes (ie. Italians) we shouldn't be shocked to see Vito's play time a tad flourished. I didn't even think the show portrayed him as stereotypical as they really could have. When watching the ending where Vito stumbles into the "antique store" does ring some alarms, it's not like they turned him into a complete finnoch.

Don't expect this show to get any apologetic when furthering Vito's storyline or fate. I wouldn't expect anything less from Chase.

DrMachine
04-30-2006, 05:29 PM
I love every second of it...stereotypes and all

DrMachine
04-30-2006, 05:44 PM
holy shit...this is gonna be a fucking mess

Gecko
04-30-2006, 05:46 PM
I Love the Sopranos and tonight's eppy is going to be good because we do get some Vito in there. I LOVED watching Christopher try to work Ben Kingsley and then mug Lauren Bacall LMAO

DrMachine
04-30-2006, 05:58 PM
excellent episode

BronxRonin
04-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Careful guys Criden doesn't like spoilers!
;)

BronxRonin
04-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Very good tonight!

DrMachine
04-30-2006, 06:03 PM
I forgot to put that in the title, but I suppose the thread is safe so far....please if anyone's going to spoil then use the hidden text feature

Deej
04-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Very good episode!

Minor Spoilers

That scene with AJ and Tony after AJ's botch attempt at taking out Junior was awesome. Great acting and dialogue between those two. "Geez AJ, you make me want to cry" Great line from Tony.

DrMachine
04-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Very good episode!

Minor Spoilers

That scene with AJ and Tony after AJ's botch attempt at taking out Junior was awesome. Great acting and dialogue between those two. "Geez AJ, you make me want to cry" Great line from Tony.

absolutely...

were those the same two middle eastern guys that do business with Tony/Christopher

KingMob
04-30-2006, 06:16 PM
I hope this season picks up soon.

Deej
04-30-2006, 06:51 PM
absolutely...

were those the same two middle eastern guys that do business with Tony/Christopher

I thought so at first, but I realized that they were two different men. It does seem like these ethnic characters are getting small scenes for a reason. I wonder if Chase is just throwing them out there to get viewers to expect some kind of terrorist act in the show and then throw us all a curve.

Mark
04-30-2006, 07:10 PM
I knew AJ couldn't get anything done.

stevapalooza
04-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I have a question: are gay men really THAT undiscriminating? I have a hard time believing a guy like Vito would be such an instant smash hit in the gay community. Every gay man he encounters seems to want him like he's a gay Brad Pitt. I call bullshit.

King of Mars
04-30-2006, 09:03 PM
I have a question: are gay men really THAT undiscriminating? I have a hard time believing a guy like Vito would be such an instant smash hit in the gay community. Every gay man he encounters seems to want him like he's a gay Brad Pitt. I call bullshit.No shit. Dude's a total fatass, suckin' down jonnycakes like there's no tomorrow, and the hot, gay guy is all over him.

Garth
05-01-2006, 04:48 AM
No shit. Dude's a total fatass, suckin' down jonnycakes like there's no tomorrow, and the hot, gay guy is all over him.

Maybe gay men just aren't superficial like us straight guys

stevapalooza
05-01-2006, 05:56 AM

Gay or straight, men are visual creatures. Being gay doesn't change that.

Gecko
05-01-2006, 06:10 AM

Are you kiddin'?

They are even more superficial while Straight Men aren't as discriminate.

When watching last night's eppy, I totally agree it's complete BS. He'd be on the outs with all of those gays because one thing NONE Of them want is a fat, balding, old boyfriend. That was sooooooooooooooooo unrealistic that the Hot Gay Guy would want him at all.

Garth
05-01-2006, 06:15 AM
Hehehehe, ok, ok, just a theory! All in all, a good episode, though. A big step up from last week's episode. I am gonna go watch it a second time and should have my thoughts up after that

Kensington
05-01-2006, 08:09 AM
I hope this season picks up soon.Oh, sure! Hell, there's only four more episodes left; it'll be over before you know it!

Like a whirlwind! :wink:

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-01-2006, 08:13 AM
So what do you think is going to happen with AJ? Looks like he suffers from panic attacks. Could he possibly join the business? I also think that it would be great to see AJ talk to the psychiatrist.

stevapalooza
05-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Maybe Vito doesn't even like that guy. maybe he's just trying to scam free Jonnycakes.

KAK
05-01-2006, 08:53 AM
So what do you think is going to happen with AJ? Looks like he suffers from panic attacks. Could he possibly join the business? I also think that it would be great to see AJ talk to the psychiatrist.

He's suffered from those since season 4, maybe 3, whenever he passed out on the football field, he'll NEVER join the crew, not ever, at least while Tony is alive. AJ talking to a psycho would be good for a few insights into a rather pathetic character (I mean that aas in I find AJ pathetic, not how the character was/is developed) although I imagine it'd get dull after a bit. AJ needs to shape up or die

A decent episode, interesting the drastic changes to Tony we've seen, bad shits coming, bigtime.

ds9
05-01-2006, 08:58 AM
ewww

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-01-2006, 09:02 AM
He's suffered from those since season 4, maybe 3, whenever he passed out on the football field, he'll NEVER join the crew, not ever, at least while Tony is alive. AJ talking to a psycho would be good for a few insights into a rather pathetic character (I mean that aas in I find AJ pathetic, not how the character was/is developed) although I imagine it'd get dull after a bit. AJ needs to shape up or die

A decent episode, interesting the drastic changes to Tony we've seen, bad shits coming, bigtime.Yeah I really don't think that AJ will join the crew now that I think of it. I really am curious as to what is going to happen in these next episodes.

SteveZegers
05-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Maybe Vito doesn't even like that guy. maybe he's just trying to scam free Jonnycakes.
I wanted one after watching it. (A Jonnycake, not a hot diner guy.)

DaGetHighKnight
05-01-2006, 09:24 AM
I wanted one after watching it. (A Jonnycake, not a hot diner guy.)

Yeah right.:grope:

Vonn Hennigar
05-01-2006, 09:53 AM
ewww

Your thoughts on Homosexual Relationships in the 21st Century is compelling and very well thought out.:surrend:

Bravo DS9:Punch:

ds9
05-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Your thoughts on Homosexual Relationships in the 21st Century is compelling and very well thought out.:surrend:

Bravo DS9:Punch:Vito and that biker guy making out was eww

DrMachine
05-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Vito and that biker guy making out was eww

I know what you mean, I feel the same way when I have to sit next to people with high melanin content

nihilance
05-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Vito and that biker guy making out was eww
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Gecko
05-01-2006, 01:00 PM

A decent episode, interesting the drastic changes to Tony we've seen, bad shits coming, bigtime.

I agree so much with this statement. AJ has never pojected a centila of mob mentality. He's only a spoiled brat that really doesn't have the shrewdness nor tactical mind of a Capo or even a Made guy. I do want him to die and it was a good scene between him and Tony. I've always been suprised that Tony has never really kicked his can.

I on the other hand do believe that if Tony has an heir it will be Meadow. Meadow can be cunning and slick this has been demonstrated in many ways from season 1. I think also with Tony's experience with the Female Boss in Italy really changed his mind. It demonstrated how a woman can bring a different dynamic to the role Boss.

stevapalooza
05-01-2006, 11:10 PM
I agree so much with this statement. AJ has never pojected a centila of mob mentality. He's only a spoiled brat that really doesn't have the shrewdness nor tactical mind of a Capo or even a Made guy. I do want him to die and it was a good scene between him and Tony. I've always been suprised that Tony has never really kicked his can.

I on the other hand do believe that if Tony has an heir it will be Meadow. Meadow can be cunning and slick this has been demonstrated in many ways from season 1. I think also with Tony's experience with the Female Boss in Italy really changed his mind. It demonstrated how a woman can bring a different dynamic to the role Boss.

Yeah but there's no way guys like Paulie or anyone else would take orders from Meadow. These guys aren't exactly male feminists. Nether of Tony's kids would be respected. Even Chris, a hardened thug, would probably have a hard time as boss. Tony is the only capable leader in that family. Without him I think everything falls apart.

Gecko
05-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah but there's no way guys like Paulie or anyone else would take orders from Meadow. These guys aren't exactly male feminists. Nether of Tony's kids would be respected. Even Chris, a hardened thug, would probably have a hard time as boss. Tony is the only capable leader in that family. Without him I think everything falls apart.

Most of Tony's current crew will be whacked (this season) including Paulie who is for sure getting exactly what's been coming to him ever since he began harassing Christopher.

I think the point of my post was that Meadow has more of a leadership quality than AJ. I agree that neither will probably inherit the business but I believe Meadow has a better advantage considering she's studying to be an attorney and who could become Tony's consigliere.

stevapalooza
05-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Oh for sure. AJ is pretty much useless. She's definitely the one with the brains in the family.

MIKE D
05-02-2006, 03:25 AM
Anyone who thinks Meadow would be taking over the family hasn't been paying attention to a single episode she's ever appeared in. NEITHER of Tony's children are following him in the business, so the arguement is kind of moot, no? Meadow's journey has always been about the same level of acceptance that any family member with a conscience has; reconciling the sins of the father with her love of her father. And while she's gained enough acceptance to not let it control her life, that came from carving out her own path away from the family.

Happy Time Harry
05-02-2006, 03:45 AM
Neither one of Tony's kids will ever run the buisness. That's why he treats Christopher like a son. He's grooming him to take over.

Garth
05-02-2006, 04:35 AM
As mentioned in earlier threads, each of the episodes this season seem to showcase one of Tony's close family members in a story of their own, the first episode dealt with Tony himself (and Jr.), the second was definitely a Carmela episode, the third was Silvio's moment, the fourth was Pauly's, the fifth was Johnny Sac, the sixth was Vito's story, the seventh was kind of a combo of Artie and Chris, and the seventh was A.J.

It is an interesting way to handle this season. I don't know if it has worked all that well, I think we need to look at the season as a whole before making that decision. In a way, I feel like little movement is being made towards the final eight episodes. I think Chase is kind of biding his time, telling some smaller stories that he wants to tell before the rollercoaster that leads us to the end.

ds9
05-02-2006, 06:05 AM
That lawyer Medow met at her new job might be her farthers downfall.

MIKE D
05-02-2006, 06:11 AM
That lawyer Medow met at her new job might be her farthers downfall.

Impossible, considering she doesn't work for the DA's office.

Criden
05-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Careful guys Criden doesn't like spoilers!
;)

:blah:

don't be silly mon frere, i don't read these threads before watching an ep. spoilers in thread titles and threads that have nothing to do with their spoiler are the only thing i mind.

the name of this episode was "johnnycakes," by the way.

ds9
05-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Impossible, considering she doesn't work for the DA's office.But he gave her that look like they might date.

Criden
05-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Most of Tony's current crew will be whacked (this season) including Paulie who is for sure getting exactly what's been coming to him ever since he began harassing Christopher.

I think the point of my post was that Meadow has more of a leadership quality than AJ. I agree that neither will probably inherit the business but I believe Meadow has a better advantage considering she's studying to be an attorney and who could become Tony's consigliere.

Okay, now these spoilers fuckin' get me. These are spoilers for later episodes! I mean, do you know this for a fact? That's a huge fucking spoiler.

MIKE D
05-02-2006, 06:22 AM
But he gave her that look like they might date.

And her doesn't work for the DA's office. And she's marrying Finn. So nothing except a "look" gives any weight to your conjecture. It's a real stretch, man.

MIKE D
05-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Okay, now these spoilers fuckin' get me. These are spoilers for later episodes! I mean, do you know this for a fact? That's a huge fucking spoiler.

I sincerely doubt that is happening before the season is out.

ds9
05-02-2006, 06:23 AM
And her doesn't work for the DA's office. And she's marrying Finn. So nothing except a "look" gives any weight to your conjecture. It's a real stretch, man.They also show how her and Finn are not really getting along. You know in the Sopranos world that all it takes is a look between people to mean a set up of something later on.

DrMachine
05-02-2006, 06:39 AM

relax...how could those possibly be anthing more than an opinion or rumors?

Garth
05-02-2006, 06:54 AM
This isn't a spoiler, btw, just real life issues with the Artie

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/67857.htm

April
05-02-2006, 07:02 AM
As mentioned in earlier threads, each of the episodes this season seem to showcase one of Tony's close family members in a story of their own, the first episode dealt with Tony himself (and Jr.), the second was definitely a Carmela episode, the third was Silvio's moment, the fourth was Pauly's, the fifth was Johnny Sac, the sixth was Vito's story, the seventh was kind of a combo of Artie and Chris, and the seventh was A.J.

It is an interesting way to handle this season. I don't know if it has worked all that well, I think we need to look at the season as a whole before making that decision. In a way, I feel like little movement is being made towards the final eight episodes. I think Chase is kind of biding his time, telling some smaller stories that he wants to tell before the rollercoaster that leads us to the end.

I agree with this. It's like everyone is getting their spotlight episode. A one last time farewell before shit hits the fan.

And I don't mind backstories on characters. I think it's rounding everyone out.
I think next episode will be Bobby and Janice's sub-story.

SteveZegers
05-02-2006, 07:03 AM
This isn't a spoiler, btw, just real life issues with the Artie

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/67857.htm
A Jetta?!

Garth
05-02-2006, 07:05 AM
I agree with this. It's like everyone is getting their spotlight episode. A one last time farewell before shit hits the fan.

And I don't mind backstories on characters. I think it's rounding everyone out.
I think next episode will be Bobby and Janice's sub-story.

Yeah, I think next episode is Bobby's also. I just wish I knew in what direction we were going. Last season we could always tell that there was a war on the horizon between NJ and NY. This season....what the hell is going to happen? Doesn't seem to be any real rising action yet, save for AJ's attempt last episode. I have no clue what is going to happen, which is kind of awesome, and also kind of frightening and annoying. But...we shall see forsooth...

Criden
05-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Mike, and JR, eh, I didn't sleep at all last night and it was worded in a way of authority--I just hope you're both right about it being opinion/speculation. Logically, I don't see Chase letting someone slip such large spoilers, so I can agree with your combined logic, and hope that Gecko admits it's such.

Garth
05-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Mike, and JR, eh, I didn't sleep at all last night and it was worded in a way of authority--I just hope you're both right about it being opinion/speculation. Logically, I don't see Chase letting someone slip such large spoilers, so I can agree with your combined logic, and hope that Gecko admits it's such.

Yeah, these kinds of things aren't fun. I got the first episode spoiled for me big time, by an inconsiderate poster. I am willing to bet it is all speculation, I hope it is anyway...

Criden
05-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Yeah, these kinds of things aren't fun. I got the first episode spoiled for me big time, by an inconsiderate poster. I am willing to bet it is all speculation, I hope it is anyway...

Yeah, exactly, I remember how much that sucked when that happened to you. I dunno, I feel like...it's not Chase's way. Frank (TheGetHighKnight) and I were talking, and neither of us think it's true.

Garth
05-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Yeah, exactly, I remember how much that sucked when that happened to you. I dunno, I feel like...it's not Chase's way. Frank (TheGetHighKnight) and I were talking, and neither of us think it's true.

How are you feeling about this season, btw? As good as you thought it was going to be so far?

Criden
05-02-2006, 09:50 AM
How are you feeling about this season, btw? As good as you thought it was going to be so far?

Yeah, I'm fucking thrilled. You?

Garth
05-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I'm fucking thrilled. You?

I go through waves of really loving it and then being a bit dissapointed. I tend to enjoy looking at the seasons after all the episodes have aired, because then the episodes fit together like jigsaw pieces. There alot of little stories that have kind of gone nowhere. Such as Christopher's movie...not really sure what the point of that was. We have learned by now that Chris is not meant for Hollywood, we didn't need another episode to display that. And the whole terrorism back-plot? Is that going to go anywhere. Just not really sure how they are going to tie together. Things have to really pick up soon though, there has been some serious down-time.

Plus I am not really sure how they are considering the second part of this season (the final 8 episodes). Are they thinking of it as a mini-season? or are they thinking of it as the second part of this season. The reason I am wondering this is because however they are planning it will decide how the next 4 episodes will play out. Does that make any sense whatsoever?

Kensington
05-02-2006, 09:58 AM
I go through waves of really loving it and then being a bit dissapointed. I tend to enjoy looking at the seasons after all the episodes have aired, because then the episodes fit together like jigsaw pieces. Things have to really pick up soon though, there has been some serious down-time.

Plus I am not really sure how they are considering the second part of this season (the final 10 episodes). Are they thinking of it as a mini-season? or are they thinking of it as the second part of this season. The reason I am wondering this is because however they are planning it will decide how the next 4 episodes will play out. Does that make any sense whatsoever?Actually, they're only producing eight more episodes for next year, not ten.

I suspect they might be more a direct continuation than previous seasons have been, given how they were commissioned together and will air with a shorter break between them than the show has ever experienced before.

But I don't expect anything earth-shattering to happen anymore. It's really just not that kind of show. I'm fully prepared for the show to end without any definitive conclusion. I predict that Tony will not die, nor will he be arrested or turned state's witness or anything obvious like that. I think it will be business as usual when we last see him.

MIKE D
05-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Actually, they're only producing eight more episodes for next year, not ten.

I suspect they might be more a direct continuation than previous seasons have been, given how they were commissioned together and will air with a shorter break between them than the show has ever experienced before.

But I don't expect anything earth-shattering to happen anymore. It's really just not that kind of show. I'm fully prepared for the show to end without any definitive conclusion. I predict that Tony will not die, nor will he be arrested or turned state's witness or anything obvious like that. I think it will be business as usual when we last see him.

I predict it will end with Tony being able to eat gabagool without suffering an anxiety attack.

Garth
05-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Actually, they're only producing eight more episodes for next year, not ten.

Oops, my bad, I honestly knew that. Editted. I agree with you, btw. I think there will be some big things happening, but I also agree that it will end as business as usual for Tony, despite deaths and such. But who knows, I have learned better than to second-guess Chase.