PDA

View Full Version : Kaitlin Cooper to take over as lead on "The OC"

Ray G.
04-19-2006, 10:04 AM
NOT A JOKE!!!!!!

According to the newest issue of TV guide, which hit my mailbox this afternoon, she's a regular next season, and will be the center of a new high school generation of characters. Likely to make up for the partial or total absence of some of the original four. Josh Schwartz, the creator, refused to comment on the future of Ryan, Marissa, Seth, and Summer. Also, Taylor Townsend will be a regular next season. This promises to be interesting.

jza1218
04-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Right...interesting...

Ray G.
04-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Right...interesting...

I'm getting Saved by the Bell: The New Class flashbacks.

if the writing team was still any good, I might be more hopeful.

JHester
04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
If that's the case, I'm out. I could care less about Mini Coop.

Ray G.
04-19-2006, 10:15 AM
If that's the case, I'm out. I could care less about Mini Coop.

Yes, but I'm thinking JonnyZ will be watching this even more religiously than he already is. :D

Supajoe
04-19-2006, 10:39 AM
http://www.conquestministries.com/dancechapel/images/ExcitementIsKillingMe.jpg

Freeway
04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
...And there the show goes, sailing over the shark.

The entire show's premise is about how Ryan affects the lives of all these upper-crust folk. The show has no purpose without him as the focus.

Jerome Gibbons
04-19-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm getting Saved by the Bell: The New Class flashbacks.
Just think how awesome it'd be if Ryan, Marissa and Summer left for college and Seth stayed behind with the new kids!

:?

Ray G.
04-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Just think how awesome it'd be if Ryan, Marissa and Summer left for college and Seth stayed behind with the new kids!

:?

No, no, no.

That's Taylor's role. Seth is one of the backbones of the show. You need a character who's funny, but has absolutely nothing to do with the core of the show, like Screech.

Jono
04-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Instead of bringing in new kids, they should jump the show ahead 5 years and have them all out of college and being adults and shit. All the high school drama storylines are really repetitive anyway. This way, you keep the characters everyone is attached to, but you don't have the absurd situation of a 30 yeard old dude trying to act like a high school kid. Ben Mackenzie looks like he should be dating Kelly Rowan, not calling her "mom"...

Gene Reginato
04-19-2006, 12:48 PM
They could just kill Marissa, ya know, and the show would be much better.

Jonny Z
04-19-2006, 12:55 PM
hmm... i would have to wait to see how this season ends to gauge my excitement. but i would NOT be happy with losing some or all the 4 leads. not happy at all.

dEnny!
04-19-2006, 01:13 PM
NOT A JOKE!!!!!!

According to the newest issue of TV guide, which hit my mailbox this afternoon, she's a regular next season, and will be the center of a new high school generation of characters. Likely to make up for the partial or total absence of some of the original four. Josh Schwartz, the creator, refused to comment on the future of Ryan, Marissa, Seth, and Summer. Also, Taylor Townsend will be a regular next season. This promises to be interesting.

It promises to be my final season.

Rod Nunley
04-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I stopped watching about halfway through this season. Just got bored with the whole thing.