PDA

View Full Version : is blue beatle fate sealed?? [spoilers]

mario94606
04-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Booster gold asked how long (days) he had the betle scarab for.

Booster took beatles place in front of the computer, since he's from the future he maybe knew that BLUE was going to die by getting struck by lightning. like if maybe theres a reason for taking the lightning bolt for his friend

his beatle started glowing after being struck by lightning (black adam, I think)
he het with the wizard SHAZAM.

what were the powers of the first Blue beatle?

hopefully he won't turn out to be something lame like the next SPECTER. :shock:

Dannñ B
04-15-2005, 05:27 PM
You are going to get a lot of crap for that title.

Scottie
04-15-2005, 05:27 PM
I kinda think maybe the spoilers warning is unnecessary considering the big ol' spoiler is right there in the title.

Patton
04-15-2005, 05:28 PM
:Poo:

mario94606
04-15-2005, 05:29 PM
i see. how about now??

RODGER
04-15-2005, 05:29 PM
i think everyone knows by now that blue beatle is dead.........

enough with the bitching about spoilers.....it's kinda getting out of hand....

bartleby
04-15-2005, 05:30 PM
I am the Blue Walrus. Goo goo g’joob.

Shannon Chenoweth
04-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Someone will bring him back at some point later on. I don't read a lot of DC and I enjoyed the character very much.

RC

RODGER
04-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Someone will bring him back at some point later on. I don't read a lot of DC and I enjoyed the character very much.

RC

don't read alot of dc....thats your first mistake.

missed out on alot of good reading

Boris the Blade
04-15-2005, 05:33 PM
The cover of the reprint has him clearly dead on the cover. I think this is no longer a spoiler.

BriRedfern
04-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Booster gold asked how long (days) he had the betle scarab for.

Booster took beatles place in front of the computer, since he's from the future he maybe knew that BLUE was going to die by getting struck by lightning. like if maybe theres a reason for taking the lightning bolt for his friend

his beatle started glowing after being struck by lightning (black adam, I think)
he het with the wizard SHAZAM.

what were the powers of the first Blue beatle?

hopefully he won't turn out to be something lame like the next SPECTER. :shock:

How about this, he doesn't have the scarab anymore, Shazam does.

It was not Black Adam, or Teth Adam for that matter. The lightning was not magical.

You should see if, although highly unlikely, there are some previous threads that address this topic. Its possible something has been posted about it before and you and I both missed it.

BriRedfern
04-15-2005, 05:37 PM
don't read alot of dc....thats your first mistake.

HA!

mario94606
04-15-2005, 05:41 PM
How about this, he doesn't have the scarab anymore, Shazam does.
It was not Black Adam, or Teth Adam for that matter. The lightning was not magical.

You should see if, although highly unlikely, there are some previous threads that address this topic. Its possible something has been posted about it before and you and I both missed it.
MAYBE SHAZAM SET IN MOTION BEATLE GETTING AHOLD OF THE SCARAB.
WHAT WERE THE POWERS OF THE FIRST BLUE BEATLE, DID HE NEED TO DO ANYTHING SPECIAL TO GAIN ANY POWERS. BESIDES HOLDING IT WHILE IT GLOWED. CAN HE SURVIVE A BULLET??

The Clone Ranger
04-15-2005, 05:54 PM
The original Blue Beetle was super-strong and could fly, I don't remember much more about him than that. And I predict there will be a new Blue Beetle by the time Infinite Crisis is over.

bartleby
04-15-2005, 06:58 PM
And I predict there will be a new Blue Beetle by the time Infinite Crisis is over.

Will he be a hot teenage girl?

You Killed Hawkeye
04-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Will he be a hot teenage girl?

That's what Ted was missing. Breasts!

Bill?
04-16-2005, 05:44 AM
The original Blue Beetle was super-strong and could fly, I don't remember much more about him than that. And I predict there will be a new Blue Beetle by the time Infinite Crisis is over.

i guessed something to that effect when the wizard took that scarab thingy.

tom daylight
04-16-2005, 05:50 AM
The cover of the reprint has him clearly dead on the cover. I think this is no longer a spoiler.

The orignal cover depicted him dead as well. He might have been in shadow, but the more you read the book the more obvious the "shock" ending unfortunately becomes. Aside from that small part of it, which spoils the ending, the cover is otherwise totally irrelevant to the story. It's worse than any of Marvel's "iconic" covers ever were - irrelevance and total spoilage.

Blandy vs Terrorism
04-16-2005, 06:21 AM

Speaking of that, I wasn't even able to get to the store in time to get the frickin reprint. I asked before that came out, and they said they don't have pull lists anymore. Fuckers.

NickT
04-16-2005, 06:25 AM
It's courtesy. Is it going to kill the thread by making the title vague and saying it has spoilers inside? No.

I doubt we'll see him again now.

joeyart
04-16-2005, 06:32 AM
The way they were talking about Blue Beetle in the comic, as sort of a second-string joke who was ignored by everyone....I'm wondering if they want to bring him back...

AAlgar
04-16-2005, 06:51 AM
The way they were talking about Blue Beetle in the comic, as sort of a second-string joke who was ignored by everyone....I'm wondering if they want to bring him back...

There's a lot of love out there for the "joke" characters. Quite a few people on this board (me included) expressed their disappointment in the way Beetle's death was handled. I remember his heyday quite fondly, and Countdown seemed designed explicitly to crap all over that heyday. (And promote the summer blockbuster crossover books.)

Oh, and as an aside... "Beatle" is the band. "Beetle" is the car, the insect and the superhero.

BriRedfern
04-16-2005, 07:23 AM
I still think there was something INTENTIONALLY off about the way Blue Beetle was treated in this issue. He was only respected by Hal Jordan, who was still dead during Identity Crisis, and Supes was okay towards him, but didn't seem concerned enough about all that kryptonite for my tastes.... And I don't think anyone could have accidently portrayed his relationship with J'onn so improperly. And Batman dores not knock over coffe cups, it doesn't happen.

I believe all the heroes were off in this issue and it will be addressed later. It is the only explination aside for piss poor writing and, specifically, piss poor understanding of the characters, which are two things we are not accustomed to from these creators.

Thoughts on this? Re-read it. The heroes were seriously off in this issue.

AAlgar
04-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Also, sometimes it really makes me laugh when I step back and look at this hobby of ours from a different perspective.

Here we have a character who was shot pointblank in the head and killed, and we're all wondering if he's really dead.

BriRedfern
04-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Also, sometimes it really makes me laugh when I step back and look at this hobby of ours from a different perspective.

Here we have a character who was shot pointblank in the head and killed, and we're all wondering if he's really dead.

Vancouver man survives being shot in head
Friday, June 27, 2003
By JOHN BRANTON, Columbian staff writer

A 25-year-old man was shot in the head early Thursday morning as he confronted a strange woman who had walked into his family's apartment near Ellsworth Elementary School.

Jeremy H. Rausch, who lives at the Cascades apartment complex at 11304 S.E. 10th St., was listed in good condition later Thursday at Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland.

Detectives are looking for the unidentified gunman and woman, who fled the scene and escaped despite a police search. The intruders may have been planning a burglary, although the motive isn't known, said Vancouver police Lt. Marla Schuman "It was just bizarre," said a neighbor, 28, who asked that her name not be published. "It was 6 o'clock in the morning. It was totally random. They didn't know the people."

When the incident began, Rausch, a chiropractic student, was outside the apartment just after 6 a.m., loading up the family car for a trip to California to a family reunion. His wife, Lysanne Rausch, 26, and their two children, ages 1 and 2, were inside, police and the neighbor said.

Lysanne Rausch walked from a bedroom into the living room, where she found an unidentified woman standing inside. The neighbor said she was told the intruder ran into a bedroom, where she crouched in a closet with a knife in her hand. Jeremy Rausch reportedly grabbed the woman and was holding onto her when a man walked in with a small-caliber silver-colored handgun.

"He ordered Jeremy to let Heather go, that was the name he used," Schuman said.

The gunman then fired once, with the bullet striking Jeremy Rausch in the head. He fled with the woman. Jeremy Rausch was taken to the hospital.
On Thursday afternoon, eight detectives were working on the attempted murder, Schuman said.

The neighbor said that when she moved into the apartment, Jeremy Rausch helped her carry her belongings into her apartment. "He just said, 'Hi, I'm your neighbor. Do you need some help?'" she recalled. "They're such friendly people. They shouldn't have had something like this happen to them." Lysanne Rausch is a massage practitioner student, she said.

The gunman was described as white, between 35 and 40, about 5-feet-9 and 180 pounds. He was clean-shaven and had dark-brown hair. He wore blue jeans and a T-shirt with writing on the front.

Police described the woman as white, thin, petite, about 5-feet-4 and between 30 and 40. She had shoulder-length dark-brown hair that was pulled back and wore black leather pants. Her first name may be Heather.

Anyone with information about the pair is asked to call Detective Jane Easter at 360-735-8822 or Detective Stu Hemstock at 360-735-8832.
:shock:

bartleby
04-16-2005, 07:57 AM
I still think there was something INTENTIONALLY off about the way Blue Beetle was treated in this issue. He was only respected by Hal Jordan, who was still dead during Identity Crisis, and Supes was okay towards him, but didn't seem concerned enough about all that kryptonite for my tastes.... And I don't think anyone could have accidently portrayed his relationship with J'onn so improperly. And Batman dores not knock over coffe cups, it doesn't happen.

I believe all the heroes were off in this issue and it will be addressed later. It is the only explination aside for piss poor writing and, specifically, piss poor understanding of the characters, which are two things we are not accustomed to from these creators.

...knowing what you now know about Wanda.

joeyart
04-16-2005, 08:09 AM

That's ineteresting...hmmmm.....80 pages of comics...again? Sure, why not.
Thanks

BriRedfern
04-16-2005, 08:12 AM
...knowing what you now know about Wanda.

Oh, and there is no such thing as Chaos Magic. The Lords of Chaos and Order do not truly exist. Ignore the man behind the curtain.

bluebeetleisdead
04-20-2005, 03:17 PM
bump

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
04-20-2005, 03:22 PM
OMAC Project kind of sums up what happens to his body.

Thudpucker
04-20-2005, 03:27 PM
OMAC Project kind of sums up what happens to his body.

yea, I flipped thru it. He is definately dead.

Not that being dead means anything, not like 'dead means dead'. But unless Warner wants to use Beetle in a cartoon, I doubt he has the fan support to make it back :(

Patrick J
04-20-2005, 07:27 PM
My thoughts:

1) There is a chance that Ted Kord might come back alive and well, in some way, perhaps holding onto that Scarab thing might've granted him powers to defeat death, even if his body gets incinerated... or something...

2) If Ted Kord is dead I can see him coming back as the new Spectre for some reason.

3) Sasha Bordeaux (sp?) may or may not become the new Blue Beetle, provided Ted Kord is really dead. Either way, by the time Infinite Crisis is done I'm banking that there will be a Blue Beetle in the DCU.