PDA

View Full Version : THIS Is Why I Don't Buy Comics Much Anymore

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
04-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Okay, so, today, I had exactly thirty five pounds in my wallet. I decided to have the day off from clubbing, and that I would buy some comics from the new shop that's opened up near me recently. I go down there, get talking to the guy behind the counter, spent more than I planned, but that was cool, as I wasn't planning anything heavy tonight. Maybe go down the pub for a couple, but nothing heavy.

I get a call from a friend of mine inviting me down the pub. I expected this to happen, so I go down there, expecting to spend a little money then come home. Then, whilst down there, I recieve a call from another/I] friend, back in the area for a couple of days, asking if I wanted to go for a drink. Knowing it's out of his way to come down here, and knowing I won't see him again for a while, I agree. So, he meets up with me, and I end up staying out longer than I planned to. In turn, I end up spending more money thanm I meant to. I decide to stop buying drinks for myself. My friend, noticing this, then decides to start buying drinks [I]for me.

This is where I start having problems. I may not have a lot of money, but I do have my pride. And when people start buying drinks for me without even asking me, I start to feel like a charity case. And I hate feeling like a charity case.

All I know is, i wouldn't feel like this if I hadn't bought comics today.

(Drunk post.)

Georgie
04-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Honestly, I quit buying comics. I used to drop roughly $40 in comics a week, and I just stopped because it was getting to be too much money. The only ones I really miss reading are The Walking Dead (which I just read my friend's copy), Powers and USM. I actually buy way more manga now than comic book trades. I just got Crying Freeman, which was like a bajillion pages, and it only cost me $15. Way more satisfying.

A.Huerta
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
I choose comics over beer.

Kody
04-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I choose comics over beer.

What about comics about drinking beer?

Where's Dan Taylor when you need him.

~Hernandez~
04-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I totally understand. I just made some major cutbacks, and Ive decided to buy alot of shit in HC. DCBS has them cheaper than if you buy the singles if you pre-order them, so fuck it.

RøcketFrøg
04-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Okay, so, today, I had exactly thirty five pounds in my wallet.
Do you wear a special heavy duty belt?

Ryan Elliott
04-14-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't drink. So, you know.

mario
04-14-2006, 02:49 PM
What about comics about drinking beer?

Where's Dan Taylor when you need him.

I'll draw it

RøcketFrøg
04-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't drink. So, you know.
We know you have a special belt.

Ryan Elliott
04-14-2006, 02:50 PM
We know you have a special belt.

Did you ever wonder what the front part of the belt was?

Flask.

RøcketFrøg
04-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Did you ever wonder what the front part of the belt was?

Flask.
It's your utilitaaah flask.

Ryan Elliott
04-14-2006, 02:55 PM
It's your utilitaaah flask.

:lol:

Thudpucker
04-14-2006, 02:57 PM
yup, they are way too expensive. Comics used to be alot more fun when they were 1.50 - 2.00. I used to buy 10 or so books a week back then.

*sigh* good times.