PDA

View Full Version : red hot chili peppers...

who cares?
04-12-2006, 06:12 AM
for the life of me, i cant understand why these guys are so popular..... they seem so average to me...

is there something i'm not getting? are these guys the supposed "saviors of rock" :roll: (God, how i loathe that expression.....)

Shane W
04-12-2006, 06:14 AM
22 years ago, they were pioneers.

Jim T.
04-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Pick up Mother's Milk - things will be made clear. If you don't rock out to their cover of "Higher Ground", you have no soul.

After that, they hit cruise control for the most part, but Milk (and it's predecessors) show what they were capable of.

greg donovan
04-12-2006, 06:18 AM
22 years ago, they were pioneers.

bingo.

Mothers Milk was pretty damn good as was Blood Sugar Sex Magic. they werent pioneers at the time but i think that they were at thier second prime then.

mattbrand
04-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Pick up Mother's Milk - things will be made clear. If you don't rock out to their cover of "Higher Ground", you have no soul.

After that, they hit cruise control for the most part, but Milk (and it's predecessors) show what they were capable of.

I love Mother's Milk, but I also love Blood Sugar Sex Magic. I feel like after that, your cruise control statement applies.

Jonny Z
04-12-2006, 06:24 AM
they're no jean michael jarre...

greg donovan
04-12-2006, 06:28 AM
I love Mother's Milk, but I also love Blood Sugar Sex Magic. I feel like after that, your cruise control statement applies.

long, long, long time ago lived a man i know
lived a freak of nature named sir psycho

Jim T.
04-12-2006, 06:31 AM

I've never been more disappointed in a follow up than I was with Blood Sugar. Mother's Milk hit me at a perfect time and I literally wore the cassette out. Blood Sugar just left me shaking my head, wondering where the mojo went. I suspect, however, that a lot of that could be the difference between what a 19 year old liked and what a 21 year old was then into.

mattbrand
04-12-2006, 06:33 AM
I've never been more disappointed in a follow up than I was with Blood Sugar. Mother's Milk hit me at a perfect time and I literally wore the cassette out. Blood Sugar just left me shaking my head, wondering where the mojo went. I suspect, however, that a lot of that could be the difference between what a 19 year old liked and what a 21 year old was then into.

Huh. I actually played BSSM waaay more than Mother's Milk. But I got into the Chili Peppers when BSSM came out, so that was my first love of theirs.

mattbrand
04-12-2006, 06:34 AM
long, long, long time ago lived a man i know
lived a freak of nature named sir psycho
:D Love that song.

greg donovan
04-12-2006, 06:36 AM

i was 17 (i think) when BSSM came out. so that is probably part of it for me.

who cares?
04-12-2006, 06:39 AM

:roll:

Jim T.
04-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Huh. I actually played BSSM waaay more than Mother's Milk. But I got into the Chili Peppers when BSSM came out, so that was my first love of theirs.

Timing is everything. I really should pull BSSM out again - it's probably been 15 years or more since I listened to it (unlike Milk, which shows up reguarly).

Shane W
04-12-2006, 06:41 AM
I bought The Uplift Mofo Party Plan on a whim when it first came out and I was hooked.

Jim T.
04-12-2006, 06:49 AM
I bought The Uplift Mofo Party Plan on a whim when it first came out and I was hooked.

I remember visiting my friend who started college during the summer of 1988 and got way ahead of the curve on the rest of us on what was "cool". He put on "Party on Your Pussy" - my 17 year old mind couldn't believe that something like that was possible (or legal!). Good times...

TIP
04-12-2006, 06:51 AM

Or Foghat...

:rock:

T