PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Flight will be.....(Spoilers)

Evan the Shaggy
04-03-2006, 11:16 AM
According to lying in the gutter:

The new Alpha Flight series will be manned by American heroes who have moved to Canada as a result of the government legislation enacted in the 'Civil War' megacrossover. It plays off the history of Americans escaping the draft during the Vietnam War, as well as recent declarations by certain people that they'd move to Canada if Bush was re elected (and then not). It's politically observant, satirical, colonialist and intentionally controversial. And leading the team? Captain America, obviously.

Blake Sims
haha its not hidden
haha

edit:
woops
there it goes

Ray G.
Hm. Interesting. I bought it until that last line.

TopFeeg
draft dodging mother fuckers!

Generic Poster
That sounds like one of the worst ideas ever. Was it an April Fools joke?

BronxRonin
sounds dumb! :(

artimoff
04-03-2006, 11:18 AM
That sounds like one of the worst ideas ever. Was it an April Fools joke?

I agree.

Howlett
04-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Interesting. I can see it up to a point I think. Don't believe the last line at all, but the rest is possible.

Cth
04-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Heh, it'd be interesting if Rich had a source on that, cause it sounds like it was based off my theory I posted last week.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=62121

Even weirder, since I posted about Cap and Wolverine heading up the team :)

Doug
04-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a Red Light rumor to me.

Cth
04-03-2006, 11:36 AM
That's why I want confirmation. He's got it as a green light now.

It's almost word for word what I posted last week.. :D

Ziolko
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's gotta be a joke. :)

Brandon191
I still feel that Alpha Flight should consist of Canadian Super Hero's.

Doug
04-03-2006, 11:37 AM
That's why I want confirmation. He's got it as a green light now.

It's almost word for word what I posted last week.. :D

You're right. I checked and it's green.

ds9
04-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Thats even worse. Bendis killed off the original canadian team so that a group of american heroes could take over? Thats pretty low to Alpha Flight fans.

Ben Rosen
04-03-2006, 11:45 AM
i think that honestly sounds amazing.

Seltzer Water
04-03-2006, 11:47 AM
I hope that Captain America gets a Mapleleaf on his chest and a Mountie hat. "Don't tread on me, but if you do, please do so gently"

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Hey, in a year or two when some sarcastic asshole is telling me "If you liked Alpha Flight so much, why didn't you buy their most recent series?" THIS IS WHY. Stop fucking around, Marvel. Just make an Alpha Flight book with ALPHA FLIGHT IN IT!

Ziolko
04-03-2006, 11:50 AM

If you mean amazing in a Snakes On A Plane way, you are correct, sir. ;)

thatguylobo
04-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks, Marvel. A Canadian book with no Canadians. That's brilliant.

Ben Rosen
04-03-2006, 12:03 PM
If you mean amazing in a Snakes On A Plane way, you are correct, sir. ;)
pretty much, yeah! i'm in a total "wacky over the top" tights book phase right now.

Ziolko
04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
pretty much, yeah! i'm in a total "wacky over the top" tights book phase right now.

Nothing wrong with that. I do have to request that Marvel buy the rights for Skateman and Ms Mystic from Neal Adams so they can throw them on the team as well. Then I'd totally have sex with this comic.

Of course, this whole thing is just a joke to rile up fanboys, but just in the happenchance that it's not...:)

Doug
04-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Maybe it will have Wolverine. He's the most famous Canadian in the Marvel U.

Ben Rosen
04-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Nothing wrong with that. I do have to request that Marvel buy the rights for Skateman and Ms Mystic from Neal Adams so they can throw them on the team as well. Then I'd totally have sex with this comic.

Of course, this whole thing is just a joke to rile up fanboys, but just in the happenchance that it's not...:)
i hope it's not a joke and i hope fanboys do get riled up. i think it's a fun idea.

Thudpucker
04-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Bad idea, hope it's not true.

Ziolko
04-03-2006, 12:10 PM
i hope it's not a joke and i hope fanboys do get riled up. i think it's a fun idea.

I'm not sure it'd be a "good" type of fun as much as "stick next to my copies of Terror Inc and Spawn/Batman" type of fun.

Generic Poster
04-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Maybe it will have Wolverine. He's the most famous Canadian in the Marvel U.

Also, he needs to be on another team. Hopefully, they'll resurrect the Defenders and the Champions and put him on those as well.

nihilance
04-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I still feel that Alpha Flight should consist of Canadian Super Hero's.
Well it's following the trend. First we got a New Avengers book that isn't anything like an Avengers book, and now we are getting an Alpha Flight book in name only.

And to think that Bendis was dropping hints that we were getting a cool new Alpha Flight book right after offing them. I'll buy the book because I like the concept but it's not an Alpha Flight book. That's like saying you are getting new Led Zepplin album consisting of Eddie Vedder, Prince, Les Claypool and Dave Grohl. It might be good (or even great) but it's not Led Zepplin.

NickT
04-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Interesting, but I'm more worried about the fact that Marvel are messing with a successful book like NA.

Cth
04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure it'd be a "good" type of fun as much as "stick next to my copies of Terror Inc and Spawn/Batman" type of fun.

Well, again, the formula worked for New Avengers.

And they did say Wolverine would leave N.A. eventually.

Ziolko
04-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Well, again, the formula worked for New Avengers.

That can be debated. That's a rant for another day. And that day was yesterday. :)

sequential_artist
04-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Totally saw this coming.
In the letters page of NA 17, Bendis even says there will be a lot more heroes in Canada.

tim cant dance
04-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Wow. I hope it's true. Sounds very cool, especially the last line.

Damian696
04-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Why have the heroes move to canada ? It's fucking cold up there.
Let them move to mexico. Vuelo Alfa, baby !!!

Flonk
04-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Don't you mean Captain Canada?

Flonk
04-03-2006, 12:37 PM

I agree. This sounds like a great idea.

Cth
04-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Well, like I said in the other thread.. Alpha Flight's whole existence boiled down to "Canada's Avengers"

And since the Avengers concept has been turned on its head, and stocked with popular heroes.. the same thing should go for the new Alpha Flight.

After a while, the concept can revert back to its older version incorporating some of the old and new, and hopefully retain the new audience.

V-Man
04-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I'd buy it.

King of Mars
04-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Why have the heroes move to canada ? It's fucking cold up there.
Let them move to mexico. Vuelo Alfa, baby !!!Then they'll be too busy fighting Montezuma's revenge to find time to take down any bad guys.

Kefky
04-03-2006, 12:54 PM
UGH. I'm sorry, but while this COULD have possibly worked with another writer, this is gonna burn and crash soooooooooo bad with Millar on the helm, that I'm actually gonna enjoy seeing the fanbase tear him apart.

Looking at the bright side though, this DOES open some new spots on the NA... Ares and Kirkman's Ant-Man maybe? :D

Also, does that mean the act will actually stick? 'Cause I have to admit, it'd take some balls for marvel to actually do that... I'd respect them for it.

I don't have anymore hopes for the main CW mini, though.

Ben Rosen
04-03-2006, 01:01 PM
no, i really think it would be "good" fun.

andrew french
04-03-2006, 01:05 PM
that sounds cool.

jordan michael
04-03-2006, 01:07 PM
comic books have social commentary! from mark millar! NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY SPEEDBALL! WAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Ben Rosen
04-03-2006, 01:10 PM
word up, fellas.

Blake Sims
04-03-2006, 01:12 PM
attack of the indie kids

haa chaa!!

jordan michael
04-03-2006, 01:12 PM
i think this is the 3rd coolest thing marvel has done in a long time.

1. the sentry
2. prof x/magneto being humans
3. this
4. grant morrison on new x-men

Ben Rosen
04-03-2006, 01:13 PM
attack of the indie kids

haa chaa!!
we're like the superfriends. but without tights.

Ben Rosen
2. prof x/magneto being humans

what say what what?

Blake Sims
exactly

jordan michael

can we have scarfs? i call aquaman.

andrew french

i would still kinda like a Robin mask, in all honesty.

andrew french
04-03-2006, 01:14 PM
can we have scarfs? i call aquaman.

damn you, jordan!

i'll take wonder twins.

jordan michael
04-03-2006, 01:14 PM
what say what what?

house of m #8 makes magneto a human
x-men: deadly genesis makes #5 makes prof x a human

Ben Rosen
04-03-2006, 01:15 PM
neither scarves nor masks are tights, so we're all cool.

Blake Sims
04-03-2006, 01:15 PM
We need a super monkey and super dog to really bring the group together

andrew french
04-03-2006, 01:16 PM
We need a super monkey and super dog to really bring the group together

this is true.

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I am making a list of everyone who thinks this is a good idea. And I am never listening to another fucking thing they say, unless it's "Travis! Look out for the sharks! Look out for the sharks driving trucks to run you over!"

Blake Sims
04-03-2006, 01:18 PM
I need to hunt me down a sweet scarf.

Blake Sims
04-03-2006, 01:18 PM
I am never listening to another fucking thing they say, unless it's "Travis! Look out for the sharks! Look out for the sharks driving trucks to run you over!"
hahaha thats pretty funny

King of Mars
04-03-2006, 01:20 PM
I am making a list of everyone who thinks this is a good idea. And I am never listening to another fucking thing they say, unless it's "Travis! Look out for the sharks! Look out for the sharks driving trucks to run you over!"I put you on a similar list when you copped to liking Northern State. :)

I dunno...could be good, could be horrible. Depends on the execution.

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I put you on a similar list when you copped to liking Northern State. :)

Yes. It's well established that you have no taste whatsoever in music. :)

Raphael J
04-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Do you guys really think they're going to allow Captain America to head up the premier Canadian super team, considering the path he's following in his book and his importance to a book like New Avengers?

I dont' know, I just don't see it happening.

Edit: And Rich's rumors have been lacking lately. Showing us a Teen Titans cover we could've found a few days ago at the DC website? Telling us spoilers from Young Avengers when a preview copy was at comic shops everywhere? It all just sounds pretty weak.

Cth
04-03-2006, 01:57 PM
How about the Conjoined Wonder Twins?

TIP
04-03-2006, 01:57 PM
How about the Conjoined Wonder Twins?

:lol:

T

RichJohnston
04-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Not an April Fool's joke

Not taken off a message board.

Sourced to a Marvel creator, then multiple sourced.

Your call.

Kefky
04-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Not an April Fool's joke

Your call.
And Millar writing it is part of the rumor too? 'Cause the way JoeQ's been saying that right and left, you'd think he was putting us on...

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Not an April Fool's joke

Your call.

You seem confident, Rich Johnston. But are you confident enough to bet.... YOUR LIFE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Cth
04-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Not an April Fool's joke

Your call.

Ok, just making sure. If my guesses on Planet Hulk and Civil War turn out, I'm going to send some pitches to Marvel. :D

RichJohnston
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
And Millar writing it is part of the rumor too? 'Cause the way JoeQ's been saying that right and left, you'd think he was putting us on...

I said Millar wsn't writing it.

Kefky
04-03-2006, 03:04 PM
I said Millar wsn't writing it.

Oh. :Oops:

No word on who the writer is, then?

spencerdidyrmom
04-03-2006, 03:18 PM
This just in: Captain America puts on a Vindicator suit while the Winter Soldier becomes the new Captain America with closer, more sinister ties to the US Govt.

And, hey, what's Bryan Hitch working on once Ultimates 2 wraps up?

Joe Henderson
04-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Anyone wonder if this is an April Fools joke ON Rich?

The Human Target
04-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Sounds fucking cool.

If its got a writer I don't hate on it, I'll give it a try.

I'd rather it not be called Alpha Flight though, since they've already had so many damn versions of that book.

Lord Jermaine Retail
04-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Totally saw this coming.
In the letters page of NA 17, Bendis even says there will be a lot more heroes in Canada.
I don't understand though. As best as I know (which is flawed at times), if you are a power in Canada, then you're known. If you're something useful then you're either in Alpha Flight or you are working towards it (Beta Flight). Either way you're known by the government and that right there's the whole registration issue, right? Pretty sure that anyone crossing over is heading right into the hands of Canada's AF. Unless the nature of AF is different later. And the Cap thing, I don't know what that is. What is he Captain North America? Unless he finds something so incredibly dispicable happening because of America's government during the course of the CW, I can't imagine Cap crossing over. Will US Agent step up again as a Cap that will follow orders?

Lord Jermaine Retail
04-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, like I said in the other thread.. Alpha Flight's whole existence boiled down to "Canada's Avengers"

And since the Avengers concept has been turned on its head, and stocked with popular heroes.. the same thing should go for the new Alpha Flight.

After a while, the concept can revert back to its older version incorporating some of the old and new, and hopefully retain the new audience.
But AF as I understood them are like the Ultimates in that the government says "Go hit that" and they do. They're not as independent as the Avengers as they pick and choose their battles. No matter how new this new Alpha Flight is, they'll eventually have to go bring back Wolverine like every other incarnation has had to attempt. ;)

Cth
04-03-2006, 03:59 PM
But AF as I understood them are like the Ultimates in that the government says "Go hit that" and they do. They're not as independent as the Avengers as they pick and choose their battles. No matter how new this new Alpha Flight is, they'll eventually have to go bring back Wolverine like every other incarnation has had to attempt. ;)

Not from what I recall.

Remember Gary Hudson? They stood up to him and the government on more than one ocassion.

Here's some good synopses:
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:GmYj6lFRCRUJ:www.santarosa.edu/~sthoemke/x/texts/history/diehl/alphaflight.html+alpha+flight+gary+hudson++quit+go vernment&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3

And Wolverine was slated to be on it as soon as they said he wouldn't be on the Avengers forever.

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
04-03-2006, 04:05 PM
It could work.

spencerdidyrmom
04-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Not from what I recall.

Remember Gary Hudson? They stood up to him and the government on more than one ocassion.

Here's some good synopses:
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:GmYj6lFRCRUJ:www.santarosa.edu/~sthoemke/x/texts/history/diehl/alphaflight.html+alpha+flight+gary+hudson++quit+go vernment&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3

And Wolverine was slated to be on it as soon as they said he wouldn't be on the Avengers forever.

If I ran Marvel, I'd take Wolverine off the X-men altogether. It just needs to be done, if only for a little while.

bartleby
04-03-2006, 06:12 PM
I'd hope that if Steve Rogers was part of the team, he'll ditch the Captain America costume for something less "American." Or maybe he'll just wear the flag costume upside down.

Vonn Hennigar
04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
I've always felt that the Canadian Gov't in the Marvel U was one of the real demanding type ones.

The Alpha Flight/Beta/Gamma Flight team structure and Department H along with the Weapon X program always indicated that they "Controlled" the Super-powered beings a lot more than their US counter-parts.

Rado
04-03-2006, 06:21 PM
You think this A on my head stands for Canada?

Randomus
04-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Assuming it's true, it will continue Marvel's proud tradition of raping Alpha Flight, right in the ass, without lube. Just like Squeaky Pete.

I'll probably still read it.

But by god will I have a scowl on my face while I do it.

Randomus
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
I've always felt that the Canadian Gov't in the Marvel U was one of the real demanding type ones.

The Alpha Flight/Beta/Gamma Flight team structure and Department H along with the Weapon X program always indicated that they "Controlled" the Super-powered beings a lot more than their US counter-parts.
This was true until the conclusion of Alpha Flight v2.

Kefky
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Um, I seriously doubt that these people would move to get away from being controlled by one government, only to be controlled by another. This is probably gonna be more of a rogue thing.

I'm not gonna go into all the reasons why I don't think Steve Rogers would do this because it'd only start a tired pointless discussion. I think it COULD be done, but not by a writer like Millar.

Vonn Hennigar
04-03-2006, 06:30 PM
This was true until the conclusion of Alpha Flight v2.

Why? What happened?

Even an old school AF fan like myself couldn't pick up the recent 12 issue AF abomination.

Randomus
04-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Why? What happened?

Even an old school AF fan like myself couldn't pick up the recent 12 issue AF abomination.
That one was v3. Alpha Flight v2 was the equally hideous 90s affair that brought us such memorable characters as Flex, Radius and Murmur. During the series, Department H was controlling Alpha Flight using mental conditioning and memory implants. They eventually found out and fought back. By the conclusion of that series, Department H was no longer in control of Alpha Flight. And the v3 team was not connected to the government in any way. They operated out of Walter's basement.

Dannñ B
04-03-2006, 06:37 PM
This sounds amazing. Why is everyone hating on it?

Rado
04-03-2006, 06:38 PM

I'm not.

Dannñ B
04-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm not. Good.

Rado
04-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Good.

Glad we sorted that out.

Howlett
04-03-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm not. I think it has promise.

Randomus
04-03-2006, 06:41 PM
I don't think anyone would be hating on it if it used any name other than Alpha Flight, and if the original team wasn't killed off to make room for this little joke.

Were it not for those factors, I would be 100% behind the story idea.

Dannñ B
04-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't think anyone would be hating on it if it used any name other than Alpha Flight, and if the original team wasn't killed off to make room for this little joke.

Were it not for those factors, I would be 100% behind the story idea. Yeah, but no one cared about Alpha Flight.

Randomus
04-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah, but no one cared about Alpha Flight.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Yes, we've all heard that one a million times in the in the past few months.

If only it were true.

Vonn Hennigar
04-03-2006, 06:43 PM
So it's confirmed that AF died in New Avengers then?

Seems like a waste especially for old school characters like Puck.

HCMarvel
04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
right, no one gives a shit bout alpha flight. i love this, sue dibny gets raped all these sue dibny lovers come out with nerd rage. alpha flight gets killed and replaced by real heroes, all the nerds in their frodo-lives anger, come out in arms. if you loved them so much why have 2 straight series been canned. don't say just cause they were so bad, cause someone who loves a character doesn't walk away.

so shut the fuck up

Rado
04-03-2006, 06:45 PM
If only it were true...

...Alpha Flight guys and gals would probably be killed in but a few panels of a different book.

Randomus
04-03-2006, 06:46 PM
right, no one gives a shit bout alpha flight. i love this, sue dibny gets raped all these sue dibny lovers come out with nerd rage. alpha flight gets killed and replaced by real heroes, all the nerds in their frodo-lives anger, come out in arms. if you loved them so much why have 2 straight series been canned. don't say just cause they were so bad, cause someone who loves a character doesn't walk away.

so shut the fuck up
I have every issue of every Alpha Flight series. Even the shitty ones by crappy writers.

It's not the fault of Alpha Flight fans that Marvel refuses to give the team to a good writer.

So shut the fuck up to you too, champ.

Dannñ B
04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Eh, they're comic book characters. They can be brought back like whatever, but if if they had to be killed off for this I'm all for it.

bartleby
04-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Speedball should be the leader.

The Human Target
04-03-2006, 06:54 PM

Cause they're fanboys? :scared:

Kefky
04-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Cause they're fanboys? :scared:

And you're liking it just 'cause we're hating it! Aren't you cooool? Such a rebel! :blah:

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:28 PM

so shut the fuck up

Yeah. You're a genius.

BWC Boston
04-03-2006, 07:30 PM
This is actually a pretty clever idea, but I don't know how they think they'll sustain it for an ongoing.

The Human Target
04-03-2006, 07:31 PM
And you're liking it just 'cause we're hating it! Aren't you cooool? Such a rebel! :blah:

Like, five people are hating it.

I think it sounds neato.

You hating it just makes me happier.

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:33 PM

I think it sounds neato.

I hate it. I respect that most of you seem to like it, but I also respect that most of you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, so anything you say or think is most likely total and complete gibberish bullshit. :)

Rado
04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I hate it. I respect that most of you seem to like it, but I also respect that most of you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, so anything you say or think is most likely total and complete gibberish bullshit. :)

That's mean.

Thudpucker
04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I really hope it's an April Fools joke.

Randomus
04-03-2006, 07:35 PM
That's mean.
So is 90% of this board. ;)

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:36 PM
That's mean.

If it were serious, it would be mean., Because there is a smiley, and it's coming from me, it's really not.

BWC Boston
04-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I understand Fall Out Boy will be headlining in Stamford, CT, at the beginning of CIVIL WAR.

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I understand Fall Out Boy will be headlining in Stamford, CT, at the beginning of CIVIL WAR.

I know you're trying to burn me, but that's such a fucking nerd reference bonanza, that YOU end up looking like the dork. DORK!

BWC Boston
04-03-2006, 07:42 PM
I know you're trying to burn me, but that's such a fucking nerd reference bonanza, that YOU end up looking like the dork. DORK!
"Burn" is little strong; I was aiming for "rib." And more a friendly sort of banter; a couple of guys from Connecticut who disagree about a band, shooting the shit.

But yeah, I had to push the ol' taped-up glasses back onto my nose while typing.

Kefky
04-03-2006, 07:43 PM

I think it sounds neato.

I don't hate it, I just hate the fact that they're getting a writer who writes shitty politics for kids to do it. It's an interesting idea, and I think it's a shame that it'll probably turn out to be a silly, over-the-top, laughingly biased thing, which I inted to mock without restraint to make myself feel better about the whole situation. :)

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:44 PM
"Burn" is little strong; I was aiming for "rib." And more a friendly sort of banter; a couple of guys from Connecticut who disagree about a band, shooting the shit.

But yeah, I had to push the ol' taped-up glasses back onto my nose while typing.

Dork.

BWC Boston
04-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I don't hate it, I just hate the fact that they're getting a writer who writes shitty politics for kids to do it. It's an interesting idea, and I think it's a shame that it'll probably turn out to be a silly, over-the-top, laughingly biased thing, which I inted to mock without restraint to make myself feel better about the whole situation. :)
Ooh, you know who the writer is? Tell us! Is it you, or a friend of yours? Wow!

BWC Boston
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Dork.
I go on dates.

Seltzer Water
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
I never loved Alpha Flight, but thought it was a great read when I was growing up. I picked up a shitload of back issues in the bargain bins and enjoyed the two guardians/ cyborg guardian/ vindicator or whatever the story was

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:47 PM
I go on dates.
Ooooo. I bet HE'S a lucky fella. :)

Dusty
04-03-2006, 07:49 PM
They really like to dig it in to John Byrne at Marvel, don't they. Now they're looking to toss aside his characters and concept and call the book ALPHA FLIGHT? It wouldn't shock me if it was true.

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
They really like to dig it in to John Byrne at Marvel, don't they. Now they're looking to toss aside his characters and concept and called the book ALPHA FLIGHT? It wouldn't shock me if it was true.

I heard in the first issue, the new Alpha Flight team gets in a big circle and pisses on Thor's hammer.

BWC Boston
04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Ooooo. I bet HE'S a lucky fella. :)
I'd ask him, but your father doesn't like getting calls after 10.

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:51 PM
I'd ask him, but your father doesn't like getting calls after 10.

Are you saying that my dad has fucked you in the ass?

Dusty
04-03-2006, 07:52 PM
I heard in the first issue, the new Alpha Flight team gets in a big circle and pisses on Thor's hammer.

Is this comic book messageboard humor or something?

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Is this comic book messageboard humor or something?
Or something.

bartleby
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
They really like to dig it in to John Byrne at Marvel, don't they. Now they're looking to toss aside his characters and concept and call the book ALPHA FLIGHT? It wouldn't shock me if it was true.

I think you've uncovered Marvel's dark secret: The company exists solely to piss off John Byrne.

Rado
04-03-2006, 07:56 PM
I think you've uncovered Marvel's dark secret: The company exists solely to piss off John Byrne.

Actually, the world exists solely to piss off John Byrne.

BWC Boston
04-03-2006, 07:57 PM
I feel like solicits are giving away too much these days.

Are you saying that my dad has fucked you in the ass? I'm saying your father cooks a perfect medium rare sirloin, choose a complimentary pinot, and bakes a wonderful chocolate souffl with crme d'anglais, and after that I accept no responsibility for where the night heads.

Randomus
04-03-2006, 07:57 PM
I feel like solicits are giving away too much these days.

I'm saying your father cooks a perfect medium rare sirloin, choose a complimentary pinot, and bakes a wonderful chocolate souffl with crme d'anglais, and after that I accept no responsibility for where the night heads.
You really can't be blamed when he has that kind of taste. No one could resist that.

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm saying your father cooks a perfect medium rare sirloin, choose a complimentary pinot, and bakes a wonderful chocolate souffl with crme d'anglais, and after that I accept no responsibility for where the night heads.

LOL

You really can't be blamed when he has that kind of taste. No one could resist that.

Double LOL

TheTravis!
04-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Marvel: The House of Ideas That Piss Off John Byrne

innocentboy
04-04-2006, 01:16 AM
According to lying in the gutter:

The new Alpha Flight series will be manned by American heroes who have moved to Canada as a result of the government legislation enacted in the 'Civil War' megacrossover. It plays off the history of Americans escaping the draft during the Vietnam War, as well as recent declarations by certain people that they'd move to Canada if Bush was re elected (and then not). It's politically observant, satirical, colonialist and intentionally controversial. And leading the team? Captain America, obviously.
not reading through 11 pages of thread, but that 1st post/spoiler's kinda interesting ...

TheKraken
04-04-2006, 06:04 AM
if you loved them so much why have 2 straight series been canned. don't say just cause they were so bad, cause someone who loves a character doesn't walk away.

:lol: You know, it's not a marriage. I'm not gonna buy shitty comics, even if they have Spider-Man in them. If yer crazy enough to throw money away on shitty comics because of some misplaced sense of loyalty, please just mail the money to me, instead. I assure you I can put it to better use...

Saul Colt
04-04-2006, 06:23 AM
I really hope this is a joke since it sounds a lot like something I have planned for the next Eclipse & Vega book.

Oh ya and they should get Packaging Man on the new Alpha Flight team

http://www.ssscomics.com/page10.jpg

saul

Powersurge_Classic
04-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Ummm, I guess someone's not been paying too much attention, but the last time I checked Canada ALREADY HAD a Metahuman Registration Act. We've had one since the first run of Alpha Flight.

Yanks.

Talannon
04-04-2006, 07:21 AM
Depending of what goes on in Civil War, this could be very interesting.

I'm not sure how someone can say it makes no sense for that rumor to be true when they actually have no idea what happen since CW isn't out yet.

What if Captain America is force to leave the US? I mean he needs to live somewhere... and I doubt he would just sit on his ass while he is forced out of the country.

I am really interested in CW and this could be a title I would buy now. I could care less about the previous Alpha Flight team. (oh and I am canadian)

ds9
04-08-2006, 02:16 PM
I don't hate it, I just hate the fact that they're getting a writer who writes shitty politics for kids to do it. It's an interesting idea, and I think it's a shame that it'll probably turn out to be a silly, over-the-top, laughingly biased thing, which I inted to mock without restraint to make myself feel better about the whole situation. :):mistrust:

Ashton
04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
hmm, I don't know, that Last Alpha Flight relaunch antied me on this series pretty good.

ds9
04-08-2006, 03:46 PM
hmm, I don't know, that Last Alpha Flight relaunch antied me on this series pretty good.Lobdell stunk that one up pretty bad.